Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720617 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4508: Jul 29, 2016 06:31:33 pm
      he is just pretending not to know him so we cant work out how old he is. Who is Bruce Lee?.

Ha been bugging me all afternoon trying to think of the name of that bloody film  oh he is mrs lee, s boy .
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4509: Jul 29, 2016 08:05:20 pm
      As you say, the stuff being said is mostly by people who go into every season, saying and hoping that XYZ players are all going to be sh*t and have been sh*t because we haven't won the league with them yet, just because they think it'll grant them some kind of superior credibility and acceptance when it's all over and they get to run around to every thread saying how they're the knowledgeable ones who saw it coming. All just a game that they get a lot of joy out of.

I'm hoping for a good season from him and from all of our players. There are key areas that he certainly needs to improve on, but there are also a lot of strengths to his game, and a lot of people and players have commended his leadership and attitude in the squad.
      What i don't get , is the bullshit that , if you don't rate Henderson ( and don't express it in a timid manner ) you are an overbearing know it all , hell bent on telling people"  i told you so gobshites "
      But, if you are a Henderson supporter , you hold some kind of moral high ground , while spouting cliche'  ridden posts about qualities he clearly doesn't possess .

As a Captain , he failed his one and only test , when , he let a f***in whet wipe like Balotelli make a complete c**t out of him in front of his home crowd . Basically telling him to  " F**k off mummys boy " while HENDO looked over at the bench , with a " wish the ground would swallow me up " look on his face. PATHETIC

Next, let's go back to the game at Arsenal , at the start of the 2011/12 season. HENDO is played clean through in the 1st half ( with the game at 0-0 ) only the keeper to beat. What happens? His body crumbles and he doesn't even hit the target!!
      That was 5 yrs ago and nothing has changed. Weak mentality. We've all seen him crumble when presented with an excellent goal scoring chance , time and time again. Poor footballer, poor mentality , poor Captain and a poor bet to put your hopes on.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4510: Jul 29, 2016 09:53:02 pm
      You are in for one hell of a shock this season .After reading your opinions i can only guess that either .
      1 - The institution you are currently residing in has given you internet access for good behaviour.
      2-- The institution you reside in don't know you have access to the internet.

Unsurprisingly, you seem to know a lot about institutions
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4511: Jul 29, 2016 09:55:09 pm
      The day Jordan Henderson represents the character of Liverpool football club is the day we need to start watching something else. He's more boring than Milner.

Not sure how that reflects on Klopps decision making, leaving him as captain last season.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4512: Jul 29, 2016 09:56:46 pm

We'd all be banged up if that was the interpretation :)
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4513: Jul 29, 2016 10:00:28 pm
      Huge season ahead for Jordan, he really has to make a definitive statement through his football that he actually is good enough for Liverpool.
      I believe he will.

Plenty of competition in the squad so he'll need to up his game on last season. Reckon Klopp will play whoever deserves to, don't necessarily think anyone can assume they're on the starting sheet. Which is the way it should be.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3047 
      Reply #4514: Jul 29, 2016 10:15:17 pm
      What i don't get , is the bullshit that , if you don't rate Henderson ( and don't express it in a timid manner ) you are an overbearing know it all , hell bent on telling people"  i told you so gobshites "
      But, if you are a Henderson supporter , you hold some kind of moral high ground , while spouting cliche'  ridden posts about qualities he clearly doesn't possess .

As a Captain , he failed his one and only test , when , he let a f***in whet wipe like Balotelli make a complete c**t out of him in front of his home crowd . Basically telling him to  " f**k off mummys boy " while HENDO looked over at the bench , with a " wish the ground would swallow me up " look on his face. PATHETIC

Next, let's go back to the game at Arsenal , at the start of the 2011/12 season. HENDO is played clean through in the 1st half ( with the game at 0-0 ) only the keeper to beat. What happens? His body crumbles and he doesn't even hit the target!!
      That was 5 yrs ago and nothing has changed. Weak mentality. We've all seen him crumble when presented with an excellent goal scoring chance , time and time again. Poor footballer, poor mentality , poor Captain and a poor bet to put your hopes on.

What you really don't get......is phrasing and punctuation.

And I'm no Shakespeare........
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #4515: Jul 29, 2016 10:19:01 pm

It's all that rage inside, plays hell with rational thought and processes.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #4516: Jul 29, 2016 10:31:19 pm

For all you know this boy could be dyslexic. Lets keep it about football.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4517: Jul 29, 2016 10:44:13 pm
      Who really cares anyway?  If he's good enough to get in Klopp's team then he will be good enough for Liverpool. Otherwise, he won't play, problem solved. 
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3047 
      Reply #4518: Jul 29, 2016 10:52:32 pm
      For all you know this boy could be dyslexic. Lets keep it about football.

You know I considered that earlier.

But then I figured - given said "boy" or indeed girl - referred to me as being an inmate on a psychiatric institution because I rate Jordan (psst - that's whose thread this is.....) and he (or she) doesn't then he (or indeed she) could probably take it.

Dyslexia or mental illness.......what is top trump?

It's a right old moral maze........
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4519: Jul 30, 2016 12:56:20 am
      punctuation, psychiatric, dyslexic, moral high ground

must be the Henderson fread.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #4520: Jul 30, 2016 02:18:22 am
      jordan had a bad year last.   some of you need to get over it.  with his heel problem and injuries, it is no wonder he was subpar.  if every step you took hurt, you cant play full throttle.  easy as that

jordan is a good player. he has a good eye for a pass, we have seen it from him before and he was a darn good workhorse.  forget last year and look back, be was a good contributor to our success

he may or may not be a big thing in the future but lets be honest here, you put me in the starting eleven of barcelona and we will have people rating me higher than alot of players.   after suarez left and the decline of gerrard, we really didnt have a top notch player or players to propel us forward. hopefully with klopp we can rebound

lets get behind the lad, he isnt getting traded this window.  fans calling him sh*t aint going to help him. and quite frankly, it makes us fans look sh*t
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4521: Jul 30, 2016 10:14:16 am
      jordan had a bad year last.   some of you need to get over it.  with his heel problem and injuries, it is no wonder he was subpar.  if every step you took hurt, you cant play full throttle.  easy as that

jordan is a good player. he has a good eye for a pass, we have seen it from him before and he was a darn good workhorse.  forget last year and look back, be was a good contributor to our success

he may or may not be a big thing in the future but lets be honest here, you put me in the starting eleven of barcelona and we will have people rating me higher than alot of players.   after suarez left and the decline of gerrard, we really didnt have a top notch player or players to propel us forward. hopefully with klopp we can rebound

lets get behind the lad, he isnt getting traded this window.  fans calling him sh*t aint going to help him. and quite frankly, it makes us fans look sh*t

Never took to the lad .....
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4522: Jul 30, 2016 11:19:14 am

And yet , i have somehow managed to stay alive for 46 yrs . The World truly is full of wonders!!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3047 
      Reply #4523: Jul 30, 2016 11:45:55 am
      And yet , i have somehow managed to stay alive for 46 yrs . The World truly is full of wonders!!

Mother Nature is a wonderful thing........
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4524: Jul 30, 2016 11:53:56 am
      Dyslexia or mental illness.......what is top trump?
      Metal wellness.  :action-smiley-035:

Mother Nature is a wonderful thing...
      Isn't it amazing what you see when you don't have your gun?  :laugh:

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4525: Jul 30, 2016 03:56:57 pm
      You know some players are just totemic - good and bad and this kid is one.

My opinions: -

1) we're better with him in the team

2) he IS the one I see driving and berating team-mates

3) I'd only put Suarez in front of him in terms of influence in our most successful league season in umpteen years........go watch the season highlights vid if you need reminding.

Hmm firstly we are not better with him in the side, I'm fairly sure there were some stats to prove that last season.
      Secondly is he really the one berating team mates, really can't say I've noticed that but wouldn't that be a bit hypocritical for someone who only ever passes the ball sideways and can't shoot below the bar.
      Thirdly, second in influence only to Suarez, are you taking the piss now? Do you really think he was more influential than Stevie, than Sterling, than Sturridge etc??
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3047 
      Reply #4526: Jul 30, 2016 04:27:55 pm
      Hmm firstly we are not better with him in the side, I'm fairly sure there were some stats to prove that last season.
      Secondly is he really the one berating team mates, really can't say I've noticed that but wouldn't that be a bit hypocritical for someone who only ever passes the ball sideways and can't shoot below the bar.
      Thirdly, second in influence only to Suarez, are you taking the piss now? Do you really think he was more influential than Stevie, than Sterling, than Sturridge etc??

It's funny isn't it. This communication lark.

I quite clearly prefaced my post with "my opinions" whereas you position what are actually your "opinions" as fact.

I believed it when I wrote it......that's er why I wrote it......and I believe it now.

Laters.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #4527: Jul 30, 2016 05:11:14 pm
      It's funny isn't it. This communication lark.

I quite clearly prefaced my post with "my opinions" whereas you position what are actually your "opinions" as fact.

I believed it when I wrote it......that's er why I wrote it......and I believe it now.

Laters.

It's like Chinese whispers gets mixed up lost in communicador .
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #4528: Aug 01, 2016 02:38:50 pm
      We would be better off with him, for around 20 mil pounds, i'd sell him right away. He isn't top quality and he's very injury prone. I'm sure he will never become a top player, sadly.

Even though i abused Whiskey nose for his views regarding Jordan, i think in the end he was right.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4529: Aug 01, 2016 02:45:30 pm
      Would love to see him more like he was 2-3 years ago. I saw much better mobility from him on Saturday night.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #4530: Aug 01, 2016 02:47:22 pm
      This thread needs a poll. Feels 50/50

Quick Reply