Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 729933 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4715: Sep 17, 2016 04:56:29 pm
      Brilliant goal ! Keep up this great form.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #4716: Sep 17, 2016 05:26:34 pm
      Great goal, good performance. That should be his standard to aspire to.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4717: Sep 18, 2016 09:55:08 am
      It's the modern day #6's, they are asked to do a lot more than just defending now.
      They were also asked to do more than just defending in the 'olden' days too PM.   :laugh:

Way back, when most teams lined up 3-4-3,  the #6 position was also known as "left-half" - his primary role was defensive... picking up runners, marking the oppos inside forwards and the like (along with the #4; the right half) but who also, when his team were attacking, pushed up to support.

That position, of course, evolved/changed with the advent of the use of two centre backs in a four - one of the two became a CH the other, more often than not, the 'holding'/'defensive' midfielder.

Jürgen has, more often than not, lined up 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. In each case there are either one, or two, players who's primary role is indeed that of the old #6 [and/or #4]. Hendo and Wijnaldum have played those 'left/right half' roles this season just as he used [right half] Gundogan at BvB for example.

So... yeah you are right buddy - we do deploy at least one player who's primary (but not only) role is defensive but they are given licence, for want of a better description, to be flexible in which of them 'goes' and when.

Can and Lucas are both more than capable of playing that role but may be (in my opinion) limited by their lesser mobility and as it stands, in Hendo and Wijnaldum, we are (probably) looking at Jürgen's first choice pairing.

So, anyways... Jordan? He didn't half dominate on Friday.  :nod:
      « Last Edit: Sep 18, 2016 10:05:17 am by bad boy bubby »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4718: Sep 18, 2016 07:29:58 pm
      What a goal on Friday. I hope that gives him confidence now to push on to where he was 3 seasons or so ago.

He's a much better player when he is confident and when he is comfortable in his role as captain. Could see him stand taller and puff his chest out a little more on Friday.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4719: Sep 18, 2016 07:42:37 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fepIDJr8G4s

I think his performance ranks along side the one vs Spurs away during the Suarez season.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #4720: Sep 19, 2016 09:42:20 pm
      I've never been a big fan of hendo, don't really see him as a dominant, bossing centre mid player.
      He did have a good run of games a couple of seasons ago, and I thought i'd have to eat my words. He then returned to the ineffective run all day with no end product sort of player.
      It seems he has now become the player we all hoped he would become. Can he hold that form over the remainder of the season ? I know everyone has a dip in form now and again, but Hendo seems to hit the heights, only now and again.
      Hope he can keep his current form up for most of the rest of the season, but somehow I doubt it. I'll just enjoy what he does best while he's doing it, and lament again when he returns to his usual self.
      I hope if that does happen, hopefully we will be in control of our own destiny and it won't cause us too much damage.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #4721: Sep 25, 2016 04:56:56 am
      So happy to see him doing well after the sh*te that he took on here last season. He's the F***ing business.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #4722: Sep 25, 2016 08:35:30 am
      So happy to see him doing well after the sh*te that he took on here last season. He's the F***ing business.

Agree.

I've always been a huge fan of Hendo's and it was clear to me his 'poor form' was down to trying to get over that injury.

Quality footballer.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4723: Sep 25, 2016 10:48:23 am
      it was clear to me his 'poor form' was down to trying to get over that injury.
      It was clear to everyone Si but for some it just didn't suit their narrative to see it; they are adamant they are right and anything which appears to contradict their opinion is either totally ignored or met with aggression.

But let's look at Jordan honestly... without going into too much detail and setting aside international managers; from Jürgen to Kenny (and before) he's been picked, when fit, by quite a few top footballing folk; people who definitely know a bit more about the game than me and you. Why is that?

I mean; surely every last F***ing one of them can't be missing what some fans on here see?  :-\

The fact that he gets picked on merit would be debatable if it was the truth that only say BR, who thought highly of Jordan (what with BR being the antichrist and all), then the sheep might have a point but that ain't the case. Do they genuinely believe they know more than every last one of Jordan's coaches/managers?  :laugh:

It's likely that the fact that Jürgen has kept him, picks him and uses him as Captain will (at least) do away with some of the white noise because let's be honest; a number of the sheep are just too F***ing yellow to be seen to question Jürgen.

As it stands; we are doing very well indeed with Jordan anchoring and captaining the team and long may that continue.  8)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #4724: Sep 25, 2016 10:51:03 am
      It was clear to everyone Si but for some it just didn't suit their narrative to see it; they are adamant they are right and anything which appears to contradict their opinion is either totally ignored or met with aggression.

But let's look at Jordan honestly... without going into too much detail and setting aside international managers; from Jürgen to Kenny (and before) he's been picked, when fit, by quite a few top footballing folk; people who definitely know a bit more about the game than me and you. Why is that?

I mean; surely every last f**king one of them can't be missing what some fans on here see?  :-\

The fact that he gets picked on merit would be debatable if it was the truth that only say BR, who thought highly of Jordan (what with BR being the antichrist and all), then the sheep might have a point but that ain't the case. Do they genuinely believe they know more than every last one of Jordan's coaches/managers?  :laugh:

It's likely that the fact that Jürgen has kept him, picks him and uses him as Captain will (at least) do away with some of the white noise because let's be honest; a number of them are just too f**king yellow to be seen to question Jürgen.

As it stands; we are doing very well indeed with Jordan anchoring and captaining the team and long may that continue.  8)

Calm down mate.

He's doing really well and it's nice to see Klopp find him a position he can excel in.

The number 6 is now his to lose.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #4725: Sep 25, 2016 05:37:08 pm
      Agreed... Jordan is playing very well and long may it continue. I wouldn't get carried away though.
      This is what i expect from the captain of LFC.
      Keep it going Jordan!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #4726: Sep 25, 2016 07:25:55 pm
      Play like this as your standard Jordan and I'll have no issue with your name on the team sheet or with you wearing the armband. I've still got some doubts about his ability to captain a side when the going gets tough, but for right now, he's earning all the accolades he's getting. Hope it continues.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6719 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4727: Sep 25, 2016 10:00:21 pm
      I just love the way he celebrates our goals.

Looks like a kid who has just walked into a Candy Store for the first time ever.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4728: Sep 26, 2016 05:31:56 pm
      Some impressive numbers regarding passing from the captain so far this season...

But, according to the experts at WhoScored.com, Henderson has completed a whopping 499 passes in the English top-flight so far, with Danny Drinkwater closest behind on 403 and Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla on 399.

Moreover, Henderson’s pass accuracy is at 90%, and is bettered only by Cazorla, who sits at 90.5% – pretty impressive, eh?

From: http://www.talkingbaws.com/2016/09/stats-show-liverpools-jordan-henderson-tearing-prems-passing-charts-shreds/
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4729: Sep 26, 2016 09:21:30 pm
      Certain people have gone predictably quiet on this thread all of a sudden.

Just go back to January/February in this thread and look at the sh*te being posted up until a few months ago, like I said then, it's absolutely shameful the way he's been treated at this club. Moreover; the fact that the stampede of hatred for some bad games playing whilst clearly injured doesn't match to the same number of great performances this season just goes to show that Jordan is fighting a losing battle with some fans who'd rather see him fail and be 'right' than succeed and admit they got it wrong.

Just wait, one bad game and this thread will explode, just F***ing wait. It's utterly infuriating.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4730: Sep 26, 2016 10:08:15 pm

Just go back to January/February in this thread and look at the sh*te being posted up until a few months ago, like I said then, it's absolutely shameful the way he's been treated at this club. Moreover; the fact that the stampede of hatred for some bad games playing whilst clearly injured doesn't match to the same number of great performances this season just goes to show that Jordan is fighting a losing battle with some fans who'd rather see him fail and be 'right' than succeed and admit they got it wrong.

Just wait, one bad game and this thread will explode, just F***ing wait. It's utterly infuriating.

I've admittedly questioned a few aspects of his game in the past year or so (shooting, how he needs to be more positive thinking, how he can sometimes disappear in games & whether he should be captain) but one thing I've always remained on his side with is how good he looks when he is more positive on the pitch with his movement and passing. He's shown in the past that he can get goals & assists but this season something different is being asked of him and he's adapted very well. He's definitely showing some discipline in the middle of the pitch.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #4731: Sep 26, 2016 10:30:33 pm

Just wait, one bad game and this thread will explode, just f**king wait. It's utterly infuriating.

He was sh*t last year and he's started well this year.

Long may it continue
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #4732: Sep 27, 2016 10:10:03 am

Just wait, one bad game and this thread will explode, just f**king wait. It's utterly infuriating.

Henderson is playing well this season but that doesn't change the fact he was sh*te for the last 2 seasons. Most of the criticism directed at him was fair in my opinion.

It's not about being right or wrong it's about giving credit to a player who is playing well or calling out a player who isn't. Henderson has been solid this season.

Should he captain? No of course he shouldn't and he never would of been if Klopp had been around when Gerrard left.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #4733: Sep 27, 2016 03:04:29 pm
      Should he captain? No of course he shouldn't and he never would of been if Klopp had been around when Gerrard left.

How the he'll do you know?

Amazing how many people seem to 'know' what Jürgen would or wouldn't do.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #4734: Sep 27, 2016 03:13:13 pm
      Keeps on grafting like he has the last two games, those including myself who said he wasn't good enough will soon be back on board the Hendo bus.

Call it like I see - and Jordan has been F***ing boss the last two games. Keep it up Jordan!
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #4735: Sep 27, 2016 03:47:49 pm
      How the he'll do you know?

Amazing how many people seem to 'know' what Jürgen would or wouldn't do.

Well I think if Jürgen was around when Gerrard left then Gerrard wouldn't of left, hence Henderson wouldn't be captain.

If you're going to take everything literal on a forum then you're gonna have "he'll" of a bad time.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4736: Sep 27, 2016 05:46:01 pm
      Well I think if Jürgen was around when Gerrard left then Gerrard wouldn't of left, hence Henderson wouldn't be captain.

If you're going to take everything literal on a forum then you're gonna have "he'll" of a bad time.

You really think Gerrard and his fading legs would have had a place in a fast pace, high-pressing Klopp team?
      « Last Edit: Sep 27, 2016 06:06:22 pm by Roddenberry »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4737: Sep 27, 2016 09:47:23 pm
      Henderson is playing well this season but that doesn't change the fact he was sh*te for the last 2 seasons. Most of the criticism directed at him was fair in my opinion.

It's not about being right or wrong it's about giving credit to a player who is playing well or calling out a player who isn't. Henderson has been solid this season.

Nah. Last season he was out of action or playing injured gets a pass in my book. 2 seasons ago is what pisses me off about our ignorant boo boys. He was bashed and bashed despite making 13 assists (5 more than anyone else in the team) and scored 7 goals. 20 combined which was more than the rest of the squad. So yea, sh*te right? F***ing moronic.

May seem like I'm banging on about Henderson, but quite frankly people need to wake up and see we've got a player and a captain here. When he's fit, when he's in the centre, he's been consistently good, there's no two ways about it. Don't understand why so many think he's been this terrible player for us. Like I've said before, the facts don't lie and facts say he's been our best centre midfielder when fit for years now.

Fact.

Quick Reply