Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Spirit of Shankly Press Release Concerning the Proposed New Stadium

Read 3448 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Spirit of Shankly Press Release Concerning the Proposed New Stadium
      Jul 12, 2011 01:35:17 pm
      SOS have just released this regarding the new stadium:

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/statement-about-ongoing-stadium-situation

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Spirit of Shankly Press Release Concerning the Proposed New Stadium
      Reply #1: Jul 12, 2011 01:53:53 pm
      Lazy git  :roll:

Following the statement from Liverpool FC about the ongoing stadium situation, Spirit Of Shankly would like to reaffirm its position.

Under a period of new management and direction the current owners, FSG, and Managing Director, Ian Ayre, should be afforded the time and opportunity to make the right decision for the Club, its supporters and the local community.

While the issue of a new stadium or redeveloped Anfield has been in discussion for over two decades, the lack of recent progress lies with the previous owners. Neither, Liverpool FC, nor Liverpool City Council, however, can afford to get this decision wrong at a time when the Club should be looking to move forward and find a solution not just for the present but for the next century. We would hope the correct, but lengthy processes are allowed to run their course to prevent mistakes that could hinder future generations being able to watch their team firsthand.

These processes must be full and thorough. They must be transparent and those responsible, accountable. With this in mind we call on the Club and the Council to actively engage with each other as well as with the other stakeholders in this debate - the supporters and local community. Given recent experiences with past owners, our involvement in the Football Quarter and the importance of any stadium decision, we feel it is necessary and right that the views, opinions and feelings of those directly affected, are heard.

The options should be explained in detail, and plans for refurbishment and a new stadium should be published, allowing for open dialogue and consultation to take place where the true custodians of the Club and local community, the supporters and the residents, are able to have their say.

For too long, those directly affected have been ignored, or the process for engagement has been haphazard, with no clear plan on who to engage or how to move forward. Honest and open debate is needed to allow a solution to be found that suits all parties and allows everyone to work together for the greater benefit of the Club, the community and the city.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2: Jul 12, 2011 02:14:08 pm

Ha ha.

Computer illiterate more like fella!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3: Jul 12, 2011 09:08:20 pm
      Good statement by SOS.

I'm sure all fans would like to see the options for both a redevelopment and new stadium, its cost, impact on the area and how it will affect LFC's future finances. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4: Jul 30, 2011 08:50:08 pm
      I know the stadium is a big issue but for me I would like 100% focus on the team lets get that right and everything else will fall into place.We have managed with 45,000 for many years just a few more will not hurt too much.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #5: Jul 30, 2011 09:04:03 pm
      I know the stadium is a big issue but for me I would like 100% focus on the team lets get that right and everything else will fall into place.We have managed with 45,000 for many years just a few more will not hurt too much.
      If it"s to be redevelopment Walton , then the first thing they need to do is build a decent sized press conference room and reestablish the bootroom again in the exact same spot , we"ve been jinxed since it was tore down.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6: Jul 30, 2011 10:17:45 pm
      Re Development seems to be the best for the club and the fans but the Council seem to want a nice new shiney stadium.
      Something tells me JH will get his way eventually thats why I say get the team right first.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #7: Aug 18, 2011 09:30:02 pm
      So, the stadium issue is not the main problem?

No, the main problem is winning that first premier league.

Quick Reply