Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Android Appreciation Thread

Read 78174 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: Android Appreciation Thread
      Reply #115: Nov 23, 2011 08:44:56 am
      Got my galaxy s2 today and i do like it better than the iphone that i have
      Got my galaxy s2 today and i do like it better than the iphone that i have

Ha ha. Make your mind up lad!

I see the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus is out.  Looks a beast.  Very very tempted...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #116: Nov 23, 2011 10:24:28 am
      Really enjoying the galaxy at the moment now that i have worked my way around it, been told the battery is proper weak though, i guess the deal i got aint that bad, £25 monthly exc vat,24 month contract with unlimited text and broadband but the beauty is i get 1000 mins per month with any unused rollovered for next month, happy at the mo.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #117: Nov 23, 2011 10:35:23 am
      Ha ha. Make your mind up lad!

I see the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus is out.  Looks a beast.  Very very tempted...

Samsung Galaxy Nexus hit by hardware flaw
      by Mat Bettinson

The newly released European version of the first Android 4.0 device, Samsung's Galaxy Nexus, suffers from a universal hardware flaw that results in erratic volume control behavior.

Officially released last Friday, the latest Nexus-branded Android super phone began shipping Monday and was immediately greeted by a chorus of complaints of widely varying volume control during calls.

Samsung has so far failed to respond to the issue although one anecdotal report on the smartphone enthusiast forum XDA Dev suggested that Samsung UK's retail support team were telling British retailers that the flaw was likely Google's fault and that the company was waiting for a response.

However collaborative testing on Android forums by new Galaxy Nexus owners has since revealed the scale of the problem. It now seems likely that every Galaxy Nexus is affected and that the flaw is most likely hardware related. Evidence for that comes from the observation that the Galaxy Nexus exhibits the same fault even in bootloader mode, before Google's brand new Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich has even loaded.

Galaxy Nexus owners further narrowed down the fault to the use of 900MHz 2G networks with the devices essentially operating trouble free if connected to 3G or using a different frequency. However another phone operating on the 900MHz band in close proximity to the Galaxy Nexus has also been shown to make the phone exhibit the same fault.

The Galaxy Nexus version in the US, armed with the 4G LTE mobile standard and twice the memory, apparently does not suffer from the flaw suggesting that Samsung's redesign of the model by the European GSM/HSPA+ market has introduced the bug.

Possible causes include interference to the GPIO circuitry connected to the volume control buttons or interference with a noise cancellation systems. While it's not impossible that a firmware fix might resolve the issue, susceptibility to external 900MHz transmissions is sadly cause to be pessimistic in that regard.

At least one major online retailer has stopped shipping the smartphones to customers. Handtec announced the firm was putting shipments on hold although they also claimed that not all stock was affected by the flaw.

http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/samsung-galaxy-nexus-hit-by-hardware-flaw/027557

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #118: Nov 23, 2011 06:13:28 pm
      Got a Huawei Sonic meself. Not exactly the flashiest phone on the market but it does what I want it to.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #119: Nov 24, 2011 06:24:52 pm
      Got to use the Sensation XL today, bulky but good piece of kit. Also get beats earphones with it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #120: Nov 24, 2011 06:48:46 pm
      XE is better and slightly smaller
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #121: Nov 25, 2011 01:49:30 am
      What do people think of the rumoured HTC Edge and Zeta? They look unreal. Anyone aware of anything else really decent coming out around March 2012 running on Android? I've got a Desire HD at the moment and want something equally as outrageous when I upgrade. Doesn't have to be HTC though.

AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #122: Dec 12, 2011 09:53:51 pm
      Selling my Wildfire now, Iphone this week.......  ;D

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #123: Dec 14, 2011 08:18:28 pm
      F**k me some of the permissions that Google maps asks for on these things are ridiculous. If I could remove it from my phone I would.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #124: Dec 14, 2011 08:26:17 pm
      You should be able to remove it, mate. I know you have a different phone to me but on my S2, it's :

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

Then select any that you want to remove.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #125: Dec 14, 2011 08:30:33 pm
      Most apps will let me remove them but maps will only let me remove updates.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #126: Dec 16, 2011 03:24:17 pm
      Anyone want to buy a HTC Wildfire in Cambs?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/htc-wildfire-smartphone-cw-original-box-cables-and-memory-card/93286554

Special LFC Reds discount available, just let me know when you call/text
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #127: Dec 16, 2011 03:29:26 pm
      Most apps will let me remove them but maps will only let me remove updates.

I think maps is integrated into the OS therefore you can't remove it
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #128: Dec 24, 2011 07:52:33 pm
      My lovely wife won a phone when she topped up her credit and gave it to me, she thought she had won a iPhone but when it turned up it was a Samsung galaxy s2. I have to say it is pretty slick and crystal clear.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #129: Dec 29, 2011 08:21:03 pm
      My lovely wife won a phone when she topped up her credit and gave it to me, she thought she had won a iPhone but when it turned up it was a Samsung galaxy s2. I have to say it is pretty slick and crystal clear.

That's cool man I heard they are pretty sweet!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #130: Dec 30, 2011 01:56:39 pm
      I'm still well impressed with my S2 now I've had it for a few months and my mate who has an iPhone 4 and is an Apple fanboy admitted the other night that he was also very impressed. He was amazed by the display, the speed, the video quality and the Swype keyboard mainly.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #131: Dec 30, 2011 02:19:30 pm
      I'm still well impressed with my S2 now I've had it for a few months and my mate who has an iPhone 4 and is an Apple fanboy admitted the other night that he was also very impressed. He was amazed by the display, the speed, the video quality and the Swype keyboard mainly.

Im impressed with the s2,much much better that the iphone in my opinion.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #132: Dec 30, 2011 02:29:53 pm
      Im impressed with the s2,much much better that the iphone in my opinion.
      I had the iPhone 3GS, and after it I decided to go for another OS/phone so went with the S2, its a good phone, but it felt like had downgraded phones instead of upgrading, so gave it to my mum and got an iPhone 4 :D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #133: Dec 30, 2011 02:39:00 pm
      I had the iPhone 3GS, and after it I decided to go for another OS/phone so went with the S2, its a good phone, but it felt like had downgraded phones instead of upgrading, so gave it to my mum and got an iPhone 4 :D
      Get out.

;)
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #134: Dec 30, 2011 02:41:04 pm
      It was too wide aswell xD

They made it nice and thin but added that loss onto the width ;D, gotta admit though, I think the HD camera was a lot better than what the iPhone 4 has.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #135: Dec 30, 2011 03:42:16 pm
      Oi Fanboy.
      Noooo!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #136: Dec 31, 2011 04:07:18 pm
      We need Sky Go app tbh!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #137: Dec 31, 2011 07:15:09 pm
      Missing your dose of media bias? :p

Seriously though, it'll be out soon, it's in development.

Quick Reply