Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Arsenal FC

Read 188432 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Arsenal FC
      Reply #1196: Jun 03, 2016 10:23:35 pm
      Yes because Gotze is already unsettled.

Not in his words he isn't, according to him he is happy at Munich.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1197: Jun 03, 2016 10:29:02 pm
      Hodgson wasn't so bothered about his players when he called up an injured Daniel Sturridge 18months ago that led to a succession of injuries since.

Bingo!
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #1198: Jun 03, 2016 10:34:25 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1199: Jun 03, 2016 11:07:41 pm
      Knowing Arsenal, they probably offered £20,000,001.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1200: Jun 03, 2016 11:09:17 pm
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #1201: Jul 23, 2016 04:09:22 pm
      Independent: "According to reports in France Riyad Mahrez 'agrees to join' Arsenal in €50m deal" .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1202: Jul 26, 2016 12:03:36 pm
      I wonder if their bid for Lacazette was £30,000,001
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1203: Jul 26, 2016 12:19:03 pm
      Independent: "According to reports in France Riyad Mahrez 'agrees to join' Arsenal in €50m deal" .

If it goes ahead, it's amazing what one really good season can do.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1204: Jul 26, 2016 04:58:59 pm

Madness, complete madness.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #1205: Aug 08, 2016 05:16:49 pm
      Watched Arsenal - Manchester City yesterday, both seem to be behind us in terms of fitness by the looks of it and both looked very vulnerable at the back. Guardiola still has a lot of work to do I think.

Regarding their CB-situation: Gabriel got injured yesterday, looked quite bad and he might face a lenghty spell on the sidelines. Mertesacker is out injured too. Wenger has also confirmed that Giroud, Özil and Koscielny won't be fit to play against us either. So they have only one fit 'senior' CB left in Chambers and Wenger will be forced to go on the transfermarket for another CB.

Perfect moment for us to play at the Emirates! The likes of Firmino, Origi, Mané and Coutinho should have a fieldday playing whatever CB-pair they come up against. We should really get the three points and get some momentum going for a perfect start to the season.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #1206: Aug 08, 2016 09:39:49 pm
      Watched Arsenal - Manchester City yesterday, both seem to be behind us in terms of fitness by the looks of it and both looked very vulnerable at the back. Guardiola still has a lot of work to do I think.

Regarding their CB-situation: Gabriel got injured yesterday, looked quite bad and he might face a lenghty spell on the sidelines. Mertesacker is out injured too. Wenger has also confirmed that Giroud, Özil and Koscielny won't be fit to play against us either. So they have only one fit 'senior' CB left in Chambers and Wenger will be forced to go on the transfermarket for another CB.

Perfect moment for us to play at the Emirates! The likes of Firmino, Origi, Mané and Coutinho should have a fieldday playing whatever CB-pair they come up against. We should really get the three points and get some momentum going for a perfect start to the season.

As much as I can agree with you mate it's not gonna be a nice summer stroll come 4 o'clock Sunday.
      They'll be up for it, whoever Wenger put's out..

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1207: Aug 08, 2016 10:00:29 pm
      As much as I can agree with you mate it's not gonna be a nice summer stroll come 4 o'clock Sunday.
      They'll be up for it, whoever Wenger put's out..

I'm actually quietly optimistic about it. I remember back in 08 I think it was when we played the 3 games running in about a week. We Rafa rotated the team where as Arsenal didn't really and we looked a lot fitter than them with the fresher players and we went on to get 2 draws away and then the 4-2 win. Obviously we are going into the new season there looking for the win but they will be rocked with injuries to key players and other than Sanchez, I don't really see a threat in their team, I think they could be their for the taking and nobody will have a chance this good to beat them on their own turf all season IMO.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #1208: Aug 08, 2016 10:08:32 pm
      That Giant in their goal could be their opening day hero...

I'm optimistic too, like you say it is a good time to be playing them without a good scutch of their preferred 1st team.

No easy game against the Arse though..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1209: Aug 08, 2016 10:14:09 pm
      That Giant in their goal could be their opening day hero...

Lets hope he has a first game like last season then when he effectively cost them the game against West Ham(?)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1210: Aug 21, 2016 04:26:17 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1211: Dec 18, 2016 07:52:14 pm
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #1212: Dec 19, 2016 06:34:00 pm

Isn't that the muppet from UK storage hunters who was in the last series of CBB?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1213: Dec 19, 2016 06:46:54 pm
      People say about our defence, they have now gone 12 games without a clean sheet. With the might Cech in goal too...
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1214: Dec 19, 2016 07:36:36 pm
      Isn't that the muppet from UK storage hunters who was in the last series of CBB?

No idea about CBB but he's definitely on Storage Hunters. He's a tool!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1215: Dec 19, 2016 07:43:25 pm

Think that's the c**t, some DJ ain't he?
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1216: Dec 24, 2016 02:47:54 pm
      Really sad to see Kenny Sansom in the state he's in now. Solid full back, wife and kids, throwing it all away on the drink, hope he manages to pull himself back up.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1217: Feb 15, 2017 11:06:44 pm
      Looking at the demeanour of Wenger post match after that 5-1 this must be his last season and for his own sake I hope he retires.
      You just know what it will be like if he continues and he doesn't deserve that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1218: Feb 16, 2017 12:48:23 am
      Looking at the demeanour of Wenger post match after that 5-1 this must be his last season and for his own sake I hope he retires.
      You just know what it will be like if he continues and he doesn't deserve that.

No I don't think he does deserve it either. While the last decade has been unspectacular given his first decade in charge I still think he's done an excellent job particularly in those first few years at the new Emirates when he really had to watch spending and make do with bringing through players like Emmanuel Eboue! The teams of recent years, particularly tonight, have been bland, gutless, characterless and black hole of charisma - the ultimate insult to that great squad he built and fielded in the early 00s.

In all seriousness I think he's the most significant and influential thing to have happened to modern English football. The monumental reversal in fortunes that occurred when he arrived at Arsenal and the revolution in sports science that was applied ALONG with the stunningly beautiful football that was so elegantly displayed week in week out supercharged the Premier League into the most dynamic, exciting and lucrative domestic football competition in world football. In giving football the great invincible side of Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira and company he's provided the league with a beautiful iconography that, while making me very jealous, has also received my utmost appreciation.

For the football purist he provided the perfect antidote to the overly commercial and financially doped ventures of Manchester United and later Chelsea and Man City. In fact the way he single handedly raised the standards in English football ultimately influenced Ferguson to up his game and become European Champions in 1999 on the back of such changes. Ferguson owes Wenger a huge debt. Of course that is a fact the little Britain mindset of our nation's press is unlikely to admit and something even less likely to stream out of Ferguson's mouth.

Quick Reply