Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Arsenal FC

Read 190617 times
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Re: Talk Arsenal FC
      Reply #989: Aug 07, 2014 12:53:40 pm
      I remember this lot some 12 points clear in December last year and they bottled it.

They've bottled it year in year out and fail to see that it's Wenger.

They are a laughable.  Mediocre from the board, to the #4thPlaceSelfie players, then down to the fans.

I hate myself for saying this, but I dislike Arsenal fans more than those from Salford. 

At least they can back up their modern success with silverwear.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #990: Aug 07, 2014 02:15:48 pm
      From that I only see two above average players, Ozil and Sanchez.

Don't think they're the threat people are expecting them to be.

Walcott, Chamberlain and Ramsey are certainly above average players too. They do have some over hyped players though, like Wiltshere and Arteta who have seemed to have become passengers of late.

The downfall of Arsenal is their manager. They play their football too slowly in front of other teams defences whereas we rip straight through teams directly with quick counter attacks.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #991: Aug 07, 2014 08:15:04 pm

Except they are always injured.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #992: Aug 10, 2014 03:44:39 pm
      Utterly dominated Man City in this Shield match. Arsene's got a team there as strong as any Arsenal side in 10 years. Providing they can keep Ramsey and Walcott fit for most of this season then I think they are incredibly well placed.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #993: Aug 10, 2014 03:45:28 pm
      Utterly dominated Man City in this Shield match. Arsene's got a team there as strong as any Arsenal side in 10 years. Providing they can keep Ramsey and Walcott fit for most of this season then I think they are incredibly well placed.

To be fair City have been awful.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #994: Aug 10, 2014 03:46:32 pm
      To be fair City have been awful.

They are still a pathetic, soulless team.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #995: Aug 10, 2014 03:46:55 pm
      Sanchez looking okay. Doesn't look as quick as I thought he'd be but he has good movement around the pitch.

Arsenal have fielded a much stronger side mind you. City looking poor.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #996: Aug 10, 2014 03:52:45 pm
      Still think Arsenal lack a striker. Giroud is decent but no where near good enough to be leading the line week in, week out.

City have looked bad but Arsenal are still dominating them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #997: Aug 10, 2014 05:23:30 pm
      They'll start well and then soon fade off, always happens.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #998: Aug 10, 2014 05:25:51 pm
      Hope the community shield gives them the confidence and luck it gave utd last season :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #999: Aug 10, 2014 06:39:07 pm
      From what I seen of Sanzhez today, he doesn't look like a £35m player. I understand he is not known for his pace but at times I wondered if he was running his fastest. It summed it up when he got a through ball from Sanogo and it was not exactly overhit but his lack of pace saw him get nowhere near it and it rolled into the keepers hands. I do think he has a decent footballing brain and made a nice play with a longball, but I don't think he shown clever footwork to suggest he will ever be up there with the best in the world. Of course this is just one game, but I am not sure what other people think about his pace? at one time I saw him have to pass the ball because the player behind him was catching up with him. 
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1000: Aug 10, 2014 09:46:11 pm
      If you watched Sanchez during the WC then you wouldn't have come up with that point.
      If you did watch alexi during the WC then you would know that this is his first competitive game for arse and you can't judge him on that one performance in the charity shield.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1001: Aug 10, 2014 11:40:40 pm
      Man City were poor.  Hope City take this form into their 2nd league game! 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1002: Aug 23, 2014 06:23:26 pm
      Arsenal looked poor last week poxed a win. They look absolutely sh*te against the bitters today. Thank god we didn't sign Sanchez he is overrated same as Ozil. Chambers is starting way too soon. Mertesacker is a sloth. Koschielny their best defender by far is sitting on the bench for some strange reason. Debuchey is average downgrade on Sagna. They look fragile every time Everton break with the ball. Ramsey is trying to do everything himself in midfield as Flamini and Wilshire are so poor. Wenger looks bemused as usual. They look a shambles. Can't wait to play them this season!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1003: Aug 23, 2014 07:07:54 pm
      Ozil would be the most depressing player to play in a side that's behind you could imagine. His lack of effort is embarrassing!!

Arsenal have been dire but Wenger shouldn't have brought Sanchez off, it should have been Ozil and switched Sanchez out wide. Wilshire has also done nothing at all for the entire game.

Mertesacker looks even slower than last year.

Not writing them off as I think Sanchez will prove to be an outstanding signing for them but they do have issues in a few areas.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1004: Aug 23, 2014 07:21:49 pm
      sh*t.... bloody last minute goal 2-2
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1005: Aug 23, 2014 07:29:40 pm
      Sh*t.... bloody last minute goal 2-2

Bitters were robbed. Arsenal were garbage for 75 mins. Wenger will have to drop his "marquee" signings now after his subs got him out of jail.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #1006: Aug 23, 2014 07:31:52 pm

Really? Everton just defended like pansies and it cost them. Plus Everton's second goal was offside.

A draw was probably fair.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1007: Aug 23, 2014 07:40:38 pm
      Really? Everton just defended like pansies and it cost them. Plus Everton's second goal was offside.

A draw was probably fair.

Did you watch the match? Whatever about the offside goal Arsenal were awful for first 75 mins. Bitters looked like they could score every time they broke in the first half was desperation stuff from the Arse. Problem was Bitters have no bench although I'm shocked Martinez didn't at least bring on Stones to try see the game out especially as their midfielders tired in the last 20 mins. 
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #1008: Aug 23, 2014 07:43:08 pm
      Did you watch the match? Whatever about the offside goal Arsenal were awful for first 75 mins. Bitters looked like they could score every time they broke in the first half was desperation stuff from the Arse. Problem was Bitters have no bench although I'm shocked Martinez didn't at least bring on Stones to try see the game out especially as their midfielders tired in the last 20 mins. 

Everton didn't create anything other than those two chances. Everton had two shots on target, and got two goals. One was offside.

They were the better side until they dropped deep and started defending like a championship side.

They don't deserve the win.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1009: Aug 23, 2014 07:52:30 pm
      Everton didn't create anything other than those two chances. Everton had two shots on target, and got two goals. One was offside.

They were the better side until they dropped deep and started defending like a championship side.

They don't deserve the win.

They were poor for last 20 minutes but that was down to them having no bench so they couldn't keep their momentum. Their squad is tiny and with Barkley out for 5 months and Pienaar possibly out for a while they are really going to struggle after a couple of months.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #1010: Aug 23, 2014 07:57:59 pm
      They were poor for last 20 minutes but that was down to them having no bench so they couldn't keep their momentum. Their squad is tiny and with Barkley out for 5 months and Pienaar possibly out for a while they are really going to struggle after a couple of months.

Arsenal had a match in Turkey 3 days ago while Everton had all week to rest. The defence was just poor, and Arsenal's team was hardly changed.

If they can't close out games they'll never get close to top 4
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1011: Aug 23, 2014 08:02:53 pm
      pleased with the draw and I don't see Arsenal getting close to the title on todays showing

Quick Reply