Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Kop Faithful's No To Groundshare

Read 10033 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Kop Faithful's No To Groundshare
      Aug 01, 2011 01:14:52 pm
      Dear Sirs,

Kop Faithful welcomed the update on the stadium issue following the joint statement released by LFC and Liverpool City Council on the 10th of July ‘011, however we are disappointed and frustrated to learn that after 9 months of dialogue between the two parties, there are still obstacles preventing the potential re-development of Anfield.

Many supporters would prefer the club to stay and redevelop our iconic home, particularly as we consider this to be a more cost effective solution than building a new stadium in Stanley Park.

A significant refurbishment of the main stand and Anfield Road stands is a viable option that would bring prosperity to the area and create employment both during the construction phase and post completion. It would also trigger the same much needed regeneration of the area. At the very least, the club should be free to explore both options unfettered.

Council leader Joe Anderson claims that the Council will continue to support what the club are trying to deliver, but how can that be the case if there are still land/property acquisition, environmental and statutory issues that are blocking Liverpool FC’s proposed plans? It has come to light that when Mr Anderson first met with Fenway Sports Group following their takeover in October 2010, a potential ground-share with Everton FC was discussed. It's fair to say that the vast majority of Liverpool fans abhor the notion of a ground-share with Everton, and fear that key Everton-supporting individuals within the local council may be trying to block Liverpool’s plans in preference for a ground-share with our cash-strapped neighbours.

Kop Faithful has learnt that the council are still attempting to force Liverpool FC into a groundshare with Everton and have recently presented the club with proposed plans for a shared stadium at the central docks (http://onfinite.com/libraries/1529119/54a.jpg). 650 acres of redundant docks in Liverpool and Birkenhead are due for regeneration as part of the £10 billion Liverpool Waters and Wirral Waters schemes due to be carried out by Peel Holdings. The property investment company have previously worked in close partnership with Liverpool City Council before and seemingly enjoy a very close relationship with Mr Anderson.

“Joe Anderson is working for Peel Holdings, he may not be taking a wage, but he is working for them alright. Today's paper is a joint effort from the Daily Peel and Council to propagate the myths that English Heritage will not be listened to by this current council. We have laws to protect us from Joe and the cosy little relationship with Peel Holdings, and the World Heritage Steering Group and all that the council is. They are proving to be no better than the last lot of uneducated clowns that destroyed the Pier Head. Take no nonsense from this man he is far too close to Peel Holdings and Lindsay Ashworth their chief arrogant b***ard.”

Liverpool Preservation Trust: Joe Anderson-Spiving for Peel Holdings.

Back in February 2006 the Echo reported that Everton FC (the club that Mr Anderson supports) were in talks with Peel Holdings regarding the construction of a new stadium at Switch Island (icLiverpool - We'll build Blues' new stadium ). Kop Faithful understands that Mr Anderson and Peel Holdings are now proposing that a new shared stadium is constructed at Clarence Docks and will be the centre piece of the Liverpool Waters development.

We believe that Peel are attempting to model the Liverpool Waters development on a similar scheme in Melbourne, where a stadium was used as a driver to get investment down to the docks, which had been unused and fell into disrepair since the 1980's due to containerisation taking the trade away. The stadium at Melbourne attracts 2 million people a year and was a key driver to getting multi-national companies like Sony and Ericsson to invest in the area.

The proposed scheme sounds like a money spinner for Peel Holdings, the docks and for those who will have their palms greased with silver, but what about the regeneration of Anfield and the wellbeing of the local community that Mr Anderson was so keen to safeguard?

Liverpool fans worldwide fully support the clubs plans, whether they involve redeveloping Anfield or building our own new stadium in Stanley Park - both would clearly make a positive contribution to the local area. However, it's fair to say that all Liverpool fans totally oppose a groundshare with Everton FC and question the Council's commitment to doing all they can to keep Liverpool FC in L4, and to regenerate the local area.

It is time for Liverpool City Council and Joe Anderson to stop trying to bail out Everton FC, put their cards on the table and work in partnership with the city’s biggest revenue earner for the good of the people of Anfield and the city as a whole.

NO TO GROUNDSHARE.

Yours faithfully,

KOP FAITHFUL
      The Kop Faithful - No to RBS refinance - Liverpool FC

I haven't got a clue what Alan's been told, but the plans he refers to are old drawings that somebody stuck up on the Skyscraper City forum years ago. Liverpool (and Everton) had to look at loads of sites as part of the planning process for Stanley Park (and Kirkby). The docks was one of those sites, so maybe that's where all this comes from.

As far as groundshare goes, the council can't "force" Liverpool into anything. If people think that the problems around redeveloping Anfield are part of some sort of conspiracy then they are mistaken, it is about planning law and, mainly, neighbouring properties' right to light. That's why the club needs to buy up more properties than it needs just to extend the footprint.

Then there's the small matter of Everton not being able to afford their share, not to mention the 20,000 disparity between what the two clubs are looking for.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Kop Faithful's No To Groundshare
      Reply #1: Aug 01, 2011 01:36:00 pm
      I'm no legal expert but I would imagine that if certain people took exception to the following, there might be a few smacked arses :

“Joe Anderson is working for Peel Holdings, he may not be taking a wage, but he is working for them alright. Today's paper is a joint effort from the Daily Peel and Council to propagate the myths that English Heritage will not be listened to by this current council. We have laws to protect us from Joe and the cosy little relationship with Peel Holdings, and the World Heritage Steering Group and all that the council is. They are proving to be no better than the last lot of uneducated clowns that destroyed the Pier Head. Take no nonsense from this man he is far too close to Peel Holdings and Lindsay Ashworth their chief arrogant b***ard.”

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #2: Aug 03, 2011 04:25:23 am
      Certainly seems quite a paranoid piece that. All finger pointing with little or no evidence.

Plus I'm certain Everton fans would piss themselves at the notion of the council helping them out. Most I've spoken to see themselves as the ginger stepkid of the two clubs, especially with regard to us getting the go-ahead for Stanley Park after they apparently got the knock back.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #3: Aug 06, 2011 02:26:46 pm
      Certainly seems quite a paranoid piece that. All finger pointing with little or no evidence.

Plus I'm certain Everton fans would piss themselves at the notion of the council helping them out. Most I've spoken to see themselves as the ginger stepkid of the two clubs, especially with regard to us getting the go-ahead for Stanley Park after they apparently got the knock back.

Yes, but they're crying tw*ts anyway, had softshite Bill had the right finance, instead of telling the blueshite he had the money ringfenced, they'd be playing in a new stadium at the Kings Dock, instead of crying about Kirkby and Stanley Park!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Aug 08, 2011 08:16:59 am
      Yes, but they're crying tw*ts anyway, had softshite Bill had the right finance, instead of telling the blueshite he had the money ringfenced, they'd be playing in a new stadium at the Kings Dock, instead of crying about Kirkby and Stanley Park!

:D

Very true indeed.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #5: Aug 08, 2011 02:03:12 pm

They are well F***ing bitter about the Stanley Park carry on and the bitters I spoke to all read from the same sheet as they do: LFC have the council behind us as usual, they were founded before LFC existed, Everton have no financial wherewithall unlike Liverpool who are F***ing minted, they were founded before LFC existed, they can't persuade any top flight players to come to Goodison because we can and they were founded before LFC existed blardy F***ing blar.
      There must be a simple solution as to why a straightforward proposition involving specific individuals following a particular football team should all act in such a perverse manner when any mention of Liverpool FC is made???
      It could be that they were abused as a child by somebody they trusted implicitly taking them out on a bus on a Saturday and leading them the wrong way across the park to Goodison.
      I can hear you all gasp in horror but this believe it or not has happened and these people are left to pick up the pieces of their chaotic lives, so next time a bitter gives you loads just remember he is in all probability as soft as he looks.
      « Last Edit: Aug 08, 2011 02:10:02 pm by stuey »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #6: Aug 09, 2011 08:15:53 am
      It could be that they were abused as a child by somebody they trusted implicitly taking them out on a bus on a Saturday and leading them the wrong way across the park to Goodison.

:lmao:
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #7: Aug 09, 2011 10:33:16 am
      LFCexiled
      Reply #8: Aug 10, 2011 10:36:43 am
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #9: Aug 11, 2011 12:24:19 pm
      They are well F***ing bitter about the Stanley Park carry on and the bitters I spoke to all read from the same sheet as they do: LFC have the council behind us as usual, they were founded before LFC existed, Everton have no financial wherewithall unlike Liverpool who are F***ing minted, they were founded before LFC existed, they can't persuade any top flight players to come to Goodison because we can and they were founded before LFC existed blardy F***ing blar.
      There must be a simple solution as to why a straightforward proposition involving specific individuals following a particular football team should all act in such a perverse manner when any mention of Liverpool FC is made???
      I can hear you all gasp in horror but this believe it or not has happened and these people are left to pick up the pieces of their chaotic lives, so next time a bitter gives you loads just remember he is in all probability as soft as he looks.

:lmao: :lmao:

"Hey little boy would you like to see some trophies?"

daveyboy
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #10: Aug 11, 2011 01:12:15 pm

:lmao:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #11: Aug 15, 2011 10:14:25 am
      They are well f**king bitter about the Stanley Park carry on and the bitters I spoke to all read from the same sheet as they do: LFC have the council behind us as usual, they were founded before LFC existed, Everton have no financial wherewithall unlike Liverpool who are f**king minted, they were founded before LFC existed, they can't persuade any top flight players to come to Goodison because we can and they were founded before LFC existed blardy f**king blar.

Excellent Stu !

Then there's the small matter of Everton not being able to afford their share, not to mention the 20,000 disparity between what the two clubs are looking for.

Had to get it in Huyton   ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #12: Aug 15, 2011 02:02:42 pm

Reading it back now, I see what you mean, but genuinely said that without meaning it as a dig!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #13: Aug 16, 2011 06:27:44 am

:lmao: :lmao:
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #14: Sep 13, 2011 01:08:23 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #15: Sep 13, 2011 01:17:39 pm
      I'd go as far as to say lock the thread because 'none starter' is an understatement.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #16: Sep 26, 2011 11:15:55 pm
      I'd accept a groundshare if it was right for the club, benefiting us financially.  I didn't think it would work, with them only able to afford a fraction of any combined stadium.  However, if we built and owned the stadium, but also had Everton as long-term tenants that could allow us to spend money on players rather than debt.  I know many are instinctively opposed to the idea, but if it could be beneficial to the club, I'd think about it.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #17: Sep 27, 2011 07:39:02 am
      One of the selling points of LFC last year (off the record) was the demise of Everton leaving Liverpool with the fanbase of Merseyside in the future. What you're suggesting may help them out so FSG may not be in favour. We could never share as equals; they are too far behind us financially now.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #18: Sep 27, 2011 02:32:03 pm
      One of the selling points of LFC last year (off the record) was the demise of Everton leaving Liverpool with the fanbase of Merseyside in the future.  What you're suggesting may help them out so FSG may not be in favour.

FSG have suggested they would have considered a groundshare, but the strength of feeling of the fans made it a no go.

We could never share as equals; they are too far behind us financially now.

I know, joint ownership could never work.  But a tenancy agreement could work out well
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #19: Sep 27, 2011 03:18:29 pm
      One of the selling points of LFC last year (off the record) was the demise of Everton leaving Liverpool with the fanbase of Merseyside in the future. What you're suggesting may help them out so FSG may not be in favour. We could never share as equals; they are too far behind us financially now.

We've had the fanbase of Merseyside for some time, despite what the mongrels say. Have a look around the city centre on any given day. Guarantee the ratio will be something like five child Liverpool shirts for every Everton shirt or a ratio of 3:1 for adults.

And I said it before and I'll say it again, I wouldn't share Aids with them wankers!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20: Sep 27, 2011 06:29:05 pm
      Sharing with them is just so wrong.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #21: Sep 28, 2011 08:10:49 pm
      If it can save us £10m a year, is it wrong? If it can help us to build a better first team and a deeper squad in a shorter time, how can that be wrong?
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #22: Sep 28, 2011 08:33:48 pm
      You've got a pitch being played on every week. You need two different sets of hospitality suites or else they can't be team themed. You need two sets of office blocks, two shops, 2 completely different sets of sponsors logos, etc etc
      There's so much duplication that the cost would be more than going it alone.
      Plus would you really want to see them sat on the kop when we were 'away' in the derby? Would you want to have to walk through the Dixie Dean gates to get into the ground?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #23: Sep 29, 2011 01:50:30 pm
      If it can save us £10m a year, is it wrong? If it can help us to build a better first team and a deeper squad in a shorter time, how can that be wrong?

It's just wrong to be sharing with them wankers in the first place. We all know they're skint, I still don't see how it'll be saving us money, can you see the council offering to pay Everton's way, when they are now struggling to keeping the Mathew St festival going. So who is going to pay Everton's share?

And why the F**k does Liverpool as a city have to be the only city in England that has to have it's football clubs share a ground. I still haven't heard one f**ker suggest West Ham and Spurs should share the Olympic stadium.

As with the press, I wish some of these funding agencies would keep their F***ing noses out of our business.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #24: Sep 29, 2011 04:19:05 pm
      no F***ing way

YNWA
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #25: Sep 29, 2011 10:40:17 pm
      So who is going to pay Everton's share?

They would not have a share, we would own the stadium in its entirety.  They would rent the stadium from us.  We build it, they pay us £Xm a year to use it.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #26: Sep 30, 2011 09:49:19 am
      Goodison holds 40000, their average attendance is 36000.
      If they can't fill that what would be the point of them being in a 60000 + stadium.It would be like a Mortuary in terms of atmosphere.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #27: Sep 30, 2011 10:16:59 am
      It would certainly cheapen the appeal for me.

Although I don't know why we're even bothering to give it the light of day as a topic.

The tickets for their games would have to be cheaper to get more in, thus cheapening the whole experience and putting Liverpool fans off paying more for the same seats.

Now, I know the quality would justify higher prices. But some people are fickle.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #28: Sep 30, 2011 02:29:40 pm
      They would not have a share, we would own the stadium in its entirety.  They would rent the stadium from us.  We build it, they pay us £Xm a year to use it.

Probably end up getting the council to pay the rent for them. F**k it, just let them go bust.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #29: Sep 30, 2011 10:50:44 pm
      ;D

However, if Everton go bust, we'll lose the derby, that would be a shame.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #30: Oct 02, 2011 01:05:47 pm
      Goodison holds 40000, their average attendance is 36000.
      If they can't fill that what would be the point of them being in a 60000 + stadium.

It would be like a Mortuary in terms of atmosphere.

Be great that wouldn't it.

Bitters in the BoneYard.

Is right.
      We build it.
      They can rent it from us every other Saturday.
      £10 Surcharge on each ticket.

Quick Reply