Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jose Enrique (Contract Expired)

Read 157144 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Jose Enrique Player Thread
      Reply #115: Aug 13, 2011 06:31:48 pm
      was really strong on the ball and made a couple of good passes linking up well with Downing and Suarez.

Agree with this bit. Surprised me with just how strong he was on a couple of occasions.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #116: Aug 13, 2011 06:52:25 pm
      very good debut. hope to see more of the same.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #117: Aug 13, 2011 07:27:35 pm
      Did good today did not get forward as much as i thought he would,played well and will only get better.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #118: Aug 13, 2011 07:30:01 pm
      Did good today did not get forward as much as i thought he would,played well and will only get better.

Agreed. I think he was solid at the back today and that was enough for his debut. As he gets more game time he'll get forward more like Glen does.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #119: Aug 13, 2011 08:16:09 pm
      I thought he was very good. Didn't put a foot wrong. No doubt our long term left back.  Strong as an ox and great on the ball. 
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #120: Aug 13, 2011 08:18:54 pm
      Absolutely massive positive to come out of today's game for me, thought this lad looked composed, assured with his touch and his passing range for a full back is outstanding! Very quick and I'm sure once he's settled you'll see him being that bit more adventurous, but was actually nice to see that register with him and take it a bit more conservative being his first game. Right up there with our best performers today.
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #121: Aug 13, 2011 08:25:36 pm
      Jumping the gun a bit saying he should be our long-term LB

I'm impressed by him, I would start him every game but if his form dips, I wouldn't be scared of letting Aurelio get a game or two for all the service he's given us

I'll wait 'til I see how well he plays for Liverpool over a few games, not Newcastle before I relegate Fabio to permanent bench-warmer status

Don't get me wrong though, he does look like the best we have for that position but I don't wanna see a Liverpool scared of rotating when individual performances get poor, leaving players going through dry spells or just downright substandard players in the starting eleven for weeks on end

Remind you of anyone?

;)

;D
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #122: Aug 13, 2011 10:41:39 pm
      Thought he had a good debut, but I'm sure will get a lot better once he gels with everyone, stats are good:

"via AnfieldIndex Top passer for #LFC today? Enrique: 70 passes | 100% aerial duels won | 100% ground duels won | 100% tackles won."
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #123: Aug 13, 2011 11:56:29 pm
      by paul_tomkins
      Enrique Stats: 70 (76% accurate) passes | 100% aerial duels won | 100% ground duels won | 100% tackles won | 3 Interceptions
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #124: Aug 14, 2011 12:01:19 am
      Jumping the gun a bit saying he should be our long-term LB

I'm impressed by him, I would start him every game but if his form dips, I wouldn't be scared of letting Aurelio get a game or two for all the service he's given us

I'll wait 'til I see how well he plays for Liverpool over a few games, not Newcastle before I relegate Fabio to permanent bench-warmer status

Don't get me wrong though, he does look like the best we have for that position but I don't wanna see a Liverpool scared of rotating when individual performances get poor, leaving players going through dry spells or just downright substandard players in the starting eleven for weeks on end

Remind you of anyone?

;)

;D

Sadly Fabio was injured again yesterday.  Great player but far too fragile to be our number one LB.  Very pleased we have Enrique here, thought he had a solid debut.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #125: Aug 14, 2011 12:52:39 am
      Thought he had a solid debut, didn't do anything wrong and it looks like we might have solved what has been a problem area for us in recent years.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #126: Aug 14, 2011 01:42:43 am

Very good debut for him ... He will get even better, once he adapts to the team ...
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #127: Aug 14, 2011 01:48:12 am
      Sadly Fabio was injured again yesterday.  Great player but far too fragile to be our number one LB.  Very pleased we have Enrique here, thought he had a solid debut.
      I'd go as far as to say our LB options are better than our RB options

Aurelio will make a great replacement when Enrique's resting up, injured (touch wood) etc.

I'm just a bit sad to see him lose his starting spot to be honest

:(
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #128: Aug 14, 2011 11:14:24 am
      solid debut, impressive. wish he pushed on a bit further forward at times but still a very good game.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #129: Aug 15, 2011 12:24:38 am
      by paul_tomkins
      Enrique Stats: 70 (76% accurate) passes | 100% aerial duels won | 100% ground duels won | 100% tackles won | 3 Interceptions

Incredible stats there, that is his job, he did it flawlessly.  Can't wait to see him bombing on a bit when he is more settled.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #130: Aug 15, 2011 12:27:32 am
      Biggest plus of the day for me, looked a massive bargain, love his passing ability, dropped one in for Downing that needed to place on a penny and did and some very nice crosses, add to that his supremely solid defensive display he looks a quality addition. Him and Downing could form a frightening partnership.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #131: Aug 15, 2011 01:54:09 am
      Very impressed with him on Saturday. How he held off a man to let the ball roll out alot and even recovering to win back the ball.

All after only signing not more than 24 hours before.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #132: Aug 15, 2011 01:56:39 am
      Excellent debut by Jose.

Very very good addition to the team.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #133: Aug 17, 2011 12:20:56 am
      Liverpool have the class to 'beat anyone' insists Enrique

New Liverpool defender Jose Enrique is targeting a top four finish in the Premier League this season and hopes his move to Anfield will bring him international recognition.

The Spaniard made his debut against Sunderland on Saturday just over 24 hours after completing a £6m move from Newcastle.

Enrique made a quietly confident start to his Liverpool career but knows he and his new team-mates will have to perform much better if they are to break back into the top four, having missed out for the last two seasons.

"We want to get back into the top four this season and if we could win the Premier League that would be fantastic, but we have to be realistic," he said yesterday. "A lot of teams have spent a lot of money and for me this league is the most competitive one in the world. Seven teams could finish in the top four but we want to be there and we will do everything we can to make that possible.

"In the first half [against Sunderland] we played some unbelievable stuff and we need to do that for 90 minutes. If we can do that we can beat anyone."

The 25-year-old Enrique is seen as the solution in what has been a long-term problem position for Liverpool and is certain to come under more scrutiny than he did at St James' Park. However, he hopes that will work to his advantage as he still harbours ambitions to break into the national side.

"It would be fantastic to get into the Spain squad because for every player it's a dream to play for your country," he told liverpoolfc.tv. "But my first priority is Liverpool and helping us get back into the top four this year."

One of the key factors in Liverpool regaining their Champions League status will be the form of their £35m club record signing Andy Carroll, who arrived at Anfield in January with a thigh problem and was never fully fit for the remainder of the season. But Enrique, who saw Carroll at his best when the pair played together at Newcastle, believes the England striker will come good.

"I watched him play last season and I knew he wasn't fit here," Enrique said. "I don't care if the player is Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, if a player is not fit, he is not fit.

"For us in Newcastle he was brilliant and I am sure he will be brilliant for Liverpool. He is a very good player. When a club like Liverpool pays £35m for Andy I know it is not lucky. It is because they think he is a good player. I am sure he is going to do a lot of things very good for us. He is playing very well in his position and he is going to be an important player this season," Enrique added.

Another player who came under the spotlight at the weekend was youngster Jon Flanagan. With Glen Johnson injured he was selected at right-back ahead of Martin Kelly but had a second half to forget as he lost Sebastian Larsson for Sunderland's equaliser and appeared to suffer a lack of confidence as a result.

The 18-year-old, who only made his first-team debut in March against Manchester City, admits he still has plenty to learn.

"I just want to continue improving," Flanagan told LFC magazine. "There are areas where I need to get better such as going forward and crossing. I need to work on everything. With lads like Glen and Martin, there is plenty of competition in the squad. That's always good to have.

"It means if you do get in the team you have to take the chance. Martin is only a few years older than me," Flanagan pointed out.

"He came in last season and did brilliantly. He showed exactly how to grab an opportunity."

The Independent
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #134: Aug 18, 2011 01:38:00 pm
      Just seen his interview, seems like a really nice bloke.

Kept apologizing for his English but he probably speaks it better than Kenny  ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #135: Aug 18, 2011 02:28:36 pm
      Seems really likable on top of being quality which always helps the dressing room and relationship with the fans, can see this lad having a great career here, let's hope full of trophies!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #136: Aug 18, 2011 03:02:48 pm
      Looks like a 7 out of 10 player, week in, week out, much like Steve Finnan was.  Solid & dependable, basically the opposite of Aurelio, who was enigmatic, occasionally brilliant and built like sugar glass.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #137: Aug 18, 2011 04:10:36 pm
      Disagree with you there Rodden, think this lad can be special quite often, does great runs and can create goals with superb crosses and passing.

Quick Reply