Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jose Enrique (Contract Expired)

Read 156916 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Re: Jose Enrique Player Thread
      Reply #759: Nov 21, 2013 02:01:17 pm
      As the man said 'you don't miss your water 'till your well runs dry'.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #760: Nov 21, 2013 02:24:45 pm
      Just coming back from injury ready to make it our strongest possible starting 11 too.

sh*te. Need a LB in January now but I doubt we'll get one tbh, unless it's a youngster.

Heard it's his cruciates giving him trouble.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #761: Nov 21, 2013 05:04:55 pm
      Sakho is a great defender, but as a full back, I can't see him making much effect pushing up the field. If it was a traditional flat back four then we would be fine, but obviously Rodgers likes his full backs further up the field to support attacks. I can't see Sakho doing that unfortunately.

Right now alarm bells are ringing because there seems to be no other option than Cissokho.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #762: Nov 21, 2013 09:58:09 pm
      Uh oh, hope to god it's either Agger or Sakho that goes to left back, or even Johnson! Either way I just hope it's not Cissokho, that guy could easily cost us the Derby!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,229 posts | 6355 
      Reply #763: Nov 22, 2013 02:23:42 pm
      Uh oh, hope to god it's either Agger or Sakho that goes to left back, or even Johnson! Either way I just hope it's not Cissokho, that guy could easily cost us the Derby!

Looking like Flanagan.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #764: Nov 22, 2013 04:16:30 pm

Christ I hope not! Flanno at left back would be as bad as Cissokho (potentially)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #765: Nov 25, 2013 11:40:12 am
      Liverpool confirm Jose Enrique sidelined for 10 weeks after knee op

Liverpool confirm Spanish defender Jose Enrique is set to be sidelined for 10 weeks after surgery on a troublesome knee injury
      Jose Enrique is set to be sidelined for 10 weeks after undergoing surgery on a troublesome knee injury, Liverpool have confirmed.
      The Spaniard returned from a month out to make a 29-minute cameo in Liverpool’s 4-0 victory over Fulham at Anfield in early November.

However, Enrique, who has made two assists in six Premier League appearances, was forced to have surgery to fix the problem.

A Liverpool statement read: “Liverpool Football Club can confirm that Jose Enrique has successfully undergone arthroscopic surgery to resolve an issue with his right knee.

“The Spaniard has not started for the Reds since the 3-1 victory over Crystal Palace on October 5.

“While the full-back made a second-half appearance against Fulham earlier this month, manager Brendan Rodgers last week confirmed the 27-year-old would require a procedure.

“Enrique is expected to return to full training at Melwood in around 10 weeks’ time.”

I wondered why Gerrard was showering Flanagan with praise. He played well.....but not that well!
      « Last Edit: Nov 25, 2013 11:47:44 am by s@int »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #766: Nov 25, 2013 10:55:06 pm
      Get well soon Jose.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #767: Jan 08, 2014 05:08:49 pm
      When  will he be back ... I think he is the best we have for the LB  position.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #768: Jan 08, 2014 05:27:45 pm
      When  will he be back ... I think he is the best we have for the LB  position.

Physioroom has him back 18th Jan but not sure if that's playing or training.  I'm guessing it's playing as Studge was due back 12th Jan and he's hopefully in the squad for Sunday  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #769: Feb 05, 2014 05:47:54 pm
      Physioroom has him back 18th Jan but not sure if that's playing or training.  I'm guessing it's playing as Studge was due back 12th Jan and he's hopefully in the squad for Sunday  ;D

anyone seen our fullback has been abducted by Aliens?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #770: Feb 05, 2014 05:49:35 pm
      anyone seen our fullback has been abducted by Aliens?

You could be right mate he's not been seen for months.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #771: Feb 05, 2014 07:28:15 pm
      You could be right mate he's not been seen for months.

And we probably won't see him for another month or two. He was supposed to have been back mid-February, but Brendan said Enrique's recovery hasn't gone as well as they'd have liked:

The manager also offered an injury update on Jose Enrique, who has been out of action since the 4-0 home victory over Fulham on November 9.

Later that month, it was confirmed that the Spaniard had successfully undergone arthroscopic surgery to resolve an issue with his right knee.

"Jose Enrique, we'll just need to analyse," said Rodgers. "It was 10 weeks yesterday since the operation and we'd hoped he'd be a little bit further on in his recovery. So we just need to look at a strategy in terms of getting him back."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/154406-br-on-allen-johnson-and-enrique-latest

So maybe the end of March or something? I really hope he'll be ready by the end of this month because in March we're playing Southampton away, Sunderland home, United and Cardiff away, and Spurs at home. Tough month.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #772: Feb 05, 2014 08:02:19 pm
      And we probably won't see him for another month or two. He was supposed to have been back mid-February, but Brendan said Enrique's recovery hasn't gone as well as they'd have liked:

So maybe the end of March or something? I really hope he'll be ready by the end of this month because in March we're playing Southampton away, Sunderland home, United and Cardiff away, and Spurs at home. Tough month.

Hadn't read that mate so that's disappointing.  It's unusual these days for surgery, if deemed necessary, to not cure the problem.  Let's hope it doesn't end his career.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #773: Feb 05, 2014 08:39:00 pm
      Hadn't read that mate so that's disappointing.  It's unusual these days for surgery, if deemed necessary, to not cure the problem.  Let's hope it doesn't end his career.

Sucks, doesn't it? He's had a problem with that knee for two years now. Hope it isn't one of those cases where it will never properly heal.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #774: Feb 05, 2014 08:43:20 pm
      Sucks, doesn't it? He's had a problem with that knee for two years now. Hope it isn't one of those cases where it will never properly heal.

It does mate especially when we really need him back playing but if he's not ready, he's not ready and I'd prefer we at least try to get him properly right than rush him back.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #775: Feb 05, 2014 08:59:38 pm
      It does mate especially when we really need him back playing but if he's not ready, he's not ready and I'd prefer we at least try to get him properly right than rush him back.

Absolutely. Best to let Jose get to 100 percent before rushing him back. Cissokho is frustrating as hell, but he works hard and hasn't been THAT terrible (though he hasn't been that good either haha). Imagine what it'd be like if never brought Aly in on loan!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #776: Feb 05, 2014 09:11:35 pm
      Absolutely. Best to let Jose get to 100 percent before rushing him back. Cissokho is frustrating as hell, but he works hard and hasn't been THAT terrible (though he hasn't been that good either haha). Imagine what it'd be like if never brought Aly in on loan!

We'd probably have brought back Jack from Blackpool mate or had to use Glen or someone else at lb.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,229 posts | 6355 
      Reply #777: Feb 05, 2014 09:19:55 pm

The problem with injury prone players is that they tend to get injured a lot.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #778: Feb 05, 2014 09:24:40 pm

Enrique hasn't really been that injury prone though. It's just this recurring problem with his knee.

We'd probably have brought back Jack from Blackpool mate or had to use Glen or someone else at lb.

That's true. Or kept Wisdom.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #779: Feb 05, 2014 09:43:39 pm

This is the most Yogi Berra quote I think I've read on this forum. Well played :D

We miss Jose very much. He's not the best, but he was F***ing Maldini compared to Aly. :D
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #780: Feb 06, 2014 02:27:31 am
      This is the most Yogi Berra quote I think I've read on this forum. Well played :D

We miss Jose very much. He's not the best, but he was f**king Maldini compared to Aly. :D

Always liked Enrique. Of course he had some poor performances but so does everyone. But when he plays well he can do everything, defend, attack and possess the ball. Not to mention he is one of the strongest players I have seen when it comes to the 50/50 ball.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #781: Feb 06, 2014 11:06:59 am
      That's a shame but as soon as Glen is fit again we can shift Flanagan over to the left or play Glen as LB and then when we get Agger and Sakho back again our defence should start looking a lot more solid.

Quick Reply