Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jose Enrique (Contract Expired)

Read 156890 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Jose Enrique Player Thread
      Reply #805: May 14, 2014 02:44:43 pm
      I'm actually a fan of his. I think he'll be 1st choice left back if he recovers fully and stays fit.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #806: May 14, 2014 08:42:22 pm
      Just wondering how many of you lot think he will be our starting LB next season?

I have a feeling he will.

Strange medical issues, possibility he will never be the same.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #807: May 14, 2014 10:06:38 pm
      Strange medical issues, possibility he will never be the same.

ah, well that might be his lucky charm!  Lucas had an injury and will never be the same and yet somehow our supporters value him more than Suarez!

in any event, Enrique is a solid player and it would be ridiculous to get rid of him.  We may get a LB to start ahead of him but with Rodgers emphasizing needing a strong squad, Jose is more than up to being a backup.  To be honest if he is fit again next season I don't even think we need to buy a new starting LB.  We can't have superstars at every position.  Enrique is---most importantly---solid defensively, decent going forward, strong, and fast.  He had some freak injury but if he can come back strong then I think we could spend the money better elsewhere.  He's more than up to being our starting LB again.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #808: May 14, 2014 10:09:11 pm
      ah, well that might be his lucky charm!  Lucas had an injury and will never be the same and yet somehow our supporters value him more than Suarez!

What are you basing that odd statement on?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #809: May 14, 2014 10:16:05 pm
      What are you basing that odd statement on?

it's called playful hyperbole mate.   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

onwards and upwards Enrique!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #810: May 14, 2014 10:22:49 pm
      it's called playful hyperbole mate.   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

onwards and upwards Enrique!

Really

It seemed to me it was a gobs***e statement attempting to get a rise, which I obliged with ( my bad)

What you need to think though is that we... Will back our players, support our players, loyally fight for our players through thick and thin...

So yes Lucas gets the backing of us and so he should..
      No more or no less than anyone else who fights for us

The debate isn't regarding Lucas and Suarez and their impacts this season but the odd way and timing of the comparison you drew

No need
      « Last Edit: May 14, 2014 11:23:04 pm by Paisleydalglish »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #811: May 14, 2014 10:25:12 pm

Don't be silly! Plus I think the worm has turned, after Henderson's displays this season, a lot would probably sell Lucas if they saw a better player coming in for that position.

As for Enrique, get him fully fit and let him battle it out with Flanno for the left-back role.

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #812: May 14, 2014 10:28:11 pm

You must not have watched the last half of our season.  Lucas doesn't show any fight at all.  Jogs around the pitch, puts a tackle in every now and then, gives away stupid fouls in dangerous areas, donates the ball to the other team. 

If you want to see a player who fights for us, try having a look at Suarez.  He goes and goes and goes, tracks back, gets on every player when they make a bad pass, he is NEVER injured, he gives 110%.  Suarez fights for us. 

So yes Lucas gets the backing of us and so he should..

Do you back Lucas or do you back the club?  pretty sure at our club "no player is bigger than the club."  No one is "not supporting" Lucas.  I don't hear anyone booing him at the matches or anything.  Here, we talk about players, who needs to go, who needs to come in, etc.  You don't seriously think you're "not supporting" Lucas by suggesting he might not be good enough, do you? 

anyway, let's not have a drawn out conversation about Lucas in Enrique's thread.  Lucas isn't good enough IMO.  That's just my opinion and it's not about supporting or not supporting him.  It's about supporting the club and what is best for the club.  To his credit, Lucas isn't the only one who's not good enough. 

I think Enrique is more than good enough to start, and would be a luxury to have on the bench.  He's a solid LB and I think that we need more strengthening in midfield than at LB.  But if Moreno or someone is available for the right price then it wouldn't hurt.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #813: May 15, 2014 10:17:53 am
      Because this thread was bumped, I thought there was actually some good news about Enrique.
      No, just like loads of the threads on here now, they're all off topic and about infighting.
      Pathetic.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #814: May 15, 2014 10:20:36 am
      Because this thread was bumped, I thought there was actually some good news about Enrique.
      No, just like loads of the threads on here now, they're all off topic and about infighting.
      Pathetic.

Sorry Fish!

I just bumped it to guage opinion as to whether folk on here think he will be starting left back next season. A pretty reasonable to debate to have I would have thought but some people seem intent on starting rows in every thread these days.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #815: May 15, 2014 11:23:33 am
      Sorry Fish!

I just bumped it to guage opinion as to whether folk on here think he will be starting left back next season. A pretty reasonable to debate to have I would have thought but some people seem intent on starting rows in every thread these days.

Nah that's cool obviously, that's usually the reason in player threads when we don't know what their condition is.
      It was more all the string offs too, by the end of reading them all I thought wow, haven't learned anything there really.
      A few threads have had that theme, the managers thread too, the owners thread.
      Guess people have to find something to do, seen as the season is over. 
      If all is right with his physical condition then I'd have him starting, he's solid, strong and energetic whenever he plays.
      I'm concerned about what exactly is going on with him.
      If he was fit earlier he could of helped us over the line, with Flanagan going to the right.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #816: Jun 27, 2014 03:48:53 pm
      Does anyone know if he has recovered from his injuries yet?  I still don't even know what kept him out all year....
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #817: Jun 30, 2014 03:25:50 pm
      Looks like he is fit to begin preseason training:

https://twitter.com/Jesanchez3/status/483593994182868992/photo/1
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #818: Jun 30, 2014 03:36:19 pm

Wow he's looking super slim too.

Great to see him back, let's hope he regains some decent form during pre season.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #819: Jun 30, 2014 07:28:00 pm

Omg, so happy :D I can't wait! I think we should take a gamble and have him as our 1st choice left back if he's fully fit!
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #820: Jul 08, 2014 10:20:48 pm
      Great to see Enrique back.
      What a miss he was last season. Don't get me wrong Flanno was excellent but a Enrique/Flanno full back combo gives me a lot more confidence.
      Hopefully his injuries gone for good.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/165941-enrique-i-ve-been-waiting-for-this
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #821: Jul 08, 2014 10:26:36 pm

Credit to the guy, he's stayed in great shape throughout his injury lay off. Quite a few players put on a few pounds. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #822: Jul 08, 2014 10:32:40 pm
      Credit to the guy, he's stayed in great shape throughout his injury lay off. Quite a few players put on a few pounds. 

Certainly does seem determined to get back to full fitness and become a key player.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #823: Jul 09, 2014 12:00:59 am
      Good to see him so focused to get back to full fitness asap.

Jose Enrique interview on returning to training | "The atmosphere is brilliant"
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #824: Jul 09, 2014 12:48:48 am
      Could be like a new signing for us.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #825: Jul 09, 2014 01:42:00 am
      Could be like a new signing for us.

Definitely.
      Much under rated is Jose I really like him. Good in defense and good in attack. Maybe not outstanding in both but I'd prefer a FB to be solid enough in both departments than the likes of Johnson (not the best example because I think he's hopeless in both regards) where his game is more sided to one extreme than the other.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #826: Jul 10, 2014 03:56:26 pm
      Enrique raring to go after completing his recovery
      Jose Enrique admits he's relishing LFC's pre-season schedule after proving his fitness, the Spanish left-back who returned to Melwood a week earlier than his team-mates has recovered from the knee injury that ended his campaign last November.

more:
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-star-jose-enrique-7387662
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #827: Jul 10, 2014 07:32:39 pm
      Definitely.
      Much under rated is Jose I really like him. Good in defense and good in attack. Maybe not outstanding in both but I'd prefer a FB to be solid enough in both departments than the likes of Johnson (not the best example because I think he's hopeless in both regards) where his game is more sided to one extreme than the other.

I also think he is underrated, he is a fantastic left back and I hope Rodgers could see it too

Quick Reply