Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Jose Enrique (Contract Expired)

Read 157657 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Jose Enrique Player Thread
      Reply #897: Aug 12, 2015 06:40:28 pm

We have been trying to sell Borini for 2 years now...he chose not to go....Balotelli?.....it seems nobody want him.

These players (borini especially) have known they have no place at the club but just carry on getting paid and don't seemed fussed one way or another.

No pity here at all.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #898: Aug 13, 2015 04:16:36 pm
      Sorry, I've got no sympathy for a player who complains about being ignored but doesn't want to move because the salaries aren't good enough at other clubs.

That isn't a Liverpool player, that is a freeloader.

If I was managing the club and players refuse to move on unless they get paid equal or better to what they are getting, then I wouldn't waste my efforts on them.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #899: Aug 13, 2015 06:46:04 pm
      Suggests of a cry of victimisation from a player, or rather a trio of players we all know are not good enough for the squad anymore. Kind of pissed off with players who will happily milk the club dry rather than seek better playing opportunities elsewhere. The fact that only a couple of posts have been made with regards to this interview just goes to show how much of a sh*t fans give about whether they're hear or not. If you can't even make fans aware of your presence of the club don't expect the club within to fully acknowledge you.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #900: Aug 13, 2015 07:34:46 pm
      I'd like to be Jose Enrique. I get paid shitloads of money and be associated with the club I love as a player. I get all the player benefits while not doing much work.

I wonder how much weight he has put on, and whether he has lost the competitive edge.

To those of you who think all our players work very very hard at Melwood, I'm sorry to think otherwise. Because I belong to this particular group who think that we have very lazy players on our books. Like once they've signed, they've reached the pinnacle of their careers. It's all downhill from there. It's my opinion that we do not have a perfect team because no team is ever perfect.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #901: Aug 13, 2015 07:42:52 pm
      It's my opinion that we do not have a perfect team because no team is ever perfect.

So you are saying imperfect team is imperfect?
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #902: Aug 13, 2015 07:48:57 pm
      So you are saying imperfect team is imperfect?
      I'm saying no one is perfect in this world. If we had a perfect team, we'd hammer every team at the rate of one goal every minute and bring home all the silverware every year.

But seriously, I think it's normal that there are some lazy players at some clubs. And there are those who go downhill after signing for us because they think they have "arrived".
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #903: Aug 17, 2015 10:59:48 am
      No pity for guys who hang around like a bad smell knowing they will never play again.

I know its a lot of money etc. But ffs, they mibees take a bit of a pay cut, from what 70k a week to 50/60k a week, or something.

they are still getting paid an amazing salary to kick a bloody ball around everyday.

Does my nut in, Im considering moving jobs for another few £'s per hour cos it will help me clear some debt, and these guys are bickering over silly money.

But as well as that at least Jose was honest in saying money did come into teh equation, istead of telling lies like a sertain little snake.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #904: Aug 17, 2015 04:29:46 pm
      Moreno has said the same things about Balo and Enriqué. There is some truth to it. Don't know how far it goes, but definitely not right. They're being mistreated. Mario had 10 starts ffs. José may as well be the tea boy!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #905: Aug 17, 2015 04:35:59 pm

Yeah we are all crying tears for the 50-80k/week they are abused with while on the xbox
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #906: Aug 20, 2015 03:15:39 am
      We have been trying to sell Borini for 2 years now...he chose not to go....Balotelli?.....it seems nobody want him.

These players (borini especially) have known they have no place at the club but just carry on getting paid and don't seemed fussed one way or another.

No pity here at all.

Sorry, I've got no sympathy for a player who complains about being ignored but doesn't want to move because the salaries aren't good enough at other clubs.

That isn't a Liverpool player, that is a freeloader.

If I was managing the club and players refuse to move on unless they get paid equal or better to what they are getting, then I wouldn't waste my efforts on them.

so what if YOU were purchased by LFC and then given a few sub appearances and then frozen out? you wouldn't just bail off to sunderland, would you? knowing you wont be signed by LFC again, knowing you weren't even given a fair chance, knowing you may never play for a big club again? you would just "know you have no place" and pack on out?
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #907: Aug 20, 2015 03:18:13 am
      man, people talk about money way too much. so cynical in this age, now everything just automatically comes down to money, apparently.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #908: Aug 20, 2015 04:55:01 am
      wing you weren't even given a fair chance, knowing you may never play for a big club again? you would just "know you have no place" and pack on out?

I would probably try to go somewhere where I would have a chance to play, work my ass off so another "big club" came and got me and then stick a middle finger up to the club that froze me out.

So yeah...no pity here.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #909: Sep 01, 2015 10:25:52 pm
      Couldn't get rid of Jose in a lucky dip!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #910: Sep 01, 2015 10:28:40 pm
      Good old Jose it's worth keeping him just for his Instagrams!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #911: Sep 01, 2015 10:44:18 pm
      Couldn't get rid of Jose in a lucky dip!

More bothered about how sh*t Lovren is rather than trying to get rid of Enrique.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #912: Sep 02, 2015 12:38:20 am
      He's apparently given up on social media to show his commitment to his football career and to show how dedicated he is to getting back into the Liverpool team.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #913: Sep 02, 2015 12:42:06 am
      He's apparently given up on social media to show his commitment to his football career and to show how dedicated he is to getting back into the Liverpool team.

Bit late for that idn't it?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #914: Sep 02, 2015 02:48:49 am

I suspect it's more to do with the abuse he has been getting :( Really don't get how quitting social media will show his commitment to his football career as well as dedication to getting selected again.

Anyway, good luck to him, was a quality player in his first 6 months when we signed him :) Would love to see that Enrique again :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #915: Sep 02, 2015 02:56:41 am
      Anyway, good luck to him, was a quality player in his first 6 months when we signed him  Would love to see that Enrique again

So would I mate, he's left-footed so there's no chance of him starting :lmao:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #916: Sep 02, 2015 10:30:10 am
      Anyway, good luck to him, was a quality player in his first 6 months when we signed him  Would love to see that Enrique again
      And better still PM; in 2012/13 [Brendan's first season] - Premier League - played 2257 mins: 2 goals: 6 Assists: 12 clean sheets & 23 goals conceded.

You know the way the accusation is often levelled that a player becomes better [in people's minds] when he's not playing? Well... for some weird reason Enrique became worse [in people's minds] when he wasn't playing. Truth is: he's way better than a lot of Reds either remember or are prepared to give him credit for.

He's one player (in my opinion) who genuinely deserves a chance to prove himself.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #917: Sep 02, 2015 10:39:30 am
      You know the way the accusation is often levelled that a player becomes better [in people's minds] when he's not playing? Well... for some weird reason Enrique became worse [in people's minds] when he wasn't playing. Truth is: he's way better than a lot of Reds either remember or are prepared to give him credit for.

He's one player (in my opinion) who genuinely deserves a chance to prove himself.

I'm sure we're all guilty of that, myself included :D

I do like Enrique, and if he truly is over his injuries, I don't see why we shouldn't give him a run of games. Could be the better option over Gomez or Moreno!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #918: Sep 02, 2015 10:51:39 am
      I do like Enrique, and if he truly is over his injuries, I don't see why we shouldn't give him a run of games.

I agree.  The fact that Rodgers doesn't choose Enrique for the squad has nothing to do with his abilities as a player.  Rodgers doesn't choose Sakho either and yet we all know he is much better than Lovren and Skrtel.

Not saying Enrique is a world beater like, but he is a solid left back who can at least defend.  Going forward he's not great but he is much better defending than Moreno, who is rubbish going forward AND defending.

If Enrique can stay fit then there's no reason he shouldn't compete for the starting LB spot.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #919: Sep 02, 2015 11:08:51 am

Agreed Mouse, lets get him fit and back in the starting XI, I hate the way we as a club appear to freeze players out that we don't want, Enrique won't get a sniff though, he spoke out against Brendan Rodgers and as Daniel Agger said, Rodgers doesn't like being challenged.

Quick Reply