Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jose Enrique (Contract Expired)

Read 157160 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Re: Jose Enrique Player Thread
      Reply #920: Sep 02, 2015 11:42:27 am
      Enrique will continue to be sidelined that is a given.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #921: Sep 02, 2015 12:36:05 pm
      We need clever people like him.

What if we've joined a reputable organisation with good staff benefits and a high salary. But our contribution is not valued by our bosses. Yet the organisation is unable to move us on due to contractual obligations. We know we're nearing the end of our careers. There's lots to lose if we join a competitor. We need prove ourselves to our new employers all over again. Let alone accept a less favorable pay structure.

The smart thing to do is to stay put. For our families, for our careers.

See, he's no more a human worker than us. But this action of his is taking value away from the club. Clever as he is, he's a very selfish person. I'd say management should give him hell so that he'll resign on his own.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #922: Sep 02, 2015 12:41:07 pm
      And better still PM; in 2012/13 [Brendan's first season] - Premier League - played 2257 mins: 2 goals: 6 Assists: 12 clean sheets & 23 goals conceded.

You know the way the accusation is often levelled that a player becomes better [in people's minds] when he's not playing? Well... for some weird reason Enrique became worse [in people's minds] when he wasn't playing. Truth is: he's way better than a lot of Reds either remember or are prepared to give him credit for.

He's one player (in my opinion) who genuinely deserves a chance to prove himself.

I agree and I also don't understand why he gets so much sh*t for being on social media and not playing.

If Jose picked the side I could understand but he doesn't and will only play if the manager picks him.

If he's out of the side and the squad he may as well post sh*te on Instagram and go on holiday with his missus.

« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2015 01:30:13 pm by srslfc »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #923: Sep 02, 2015 01:15:53 pm
      He can't pass apart from hoofing the ball, is prone to defensive lapses and his knee is shot to peices.

Still better than Dejan mind.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #924: Sep 02, 2015 01:26:22 pm
      Cancel his contract, he is more active on twitter than on the pitch.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #925: Sep 02, 2015 01:29:35 pm
      Cancel his contract, he is more active on twitter than on the pitch.

Again George.

What would you rather he do of he isn't selected for the first 11 and the match day squad?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #926: Sep 02, 2015 01:57:56 pm
      Again George.

What would you rather he do of he isn't selected for the first 11 and the match day squad?

Just interjecting...but if I'm sitting at home doing nothing whilst collecting a paycheck...I'd keep that on the down low if you know what I mean. I wouldn't be broadcasting it all over Facebook or Twitter that I was basically getting paid to be a teenager. That's just me.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #927: Sep 02, 2015 02:03:05 pm
      Just interjecting...but if I'm sitting at home doing nothing whilst collecting a paycheck...I'd keep that on the down low if you know what I mean. I wouldn't be broadcasting it all over Facebook or Twitter that I was basically getting paid to be a teenager. That's just me.

But if you were fit and well to work and the boss didn't give you that call to come in I'd guess you'd have yo find something to occupy you mate.

Listen he might be the worst trainer in the history of football.

He might have an attitude that stinks.

He might be that sh*te that the manager would rather play the new 18 year old CB in his place.

But if he is willing to play and is not causing a hassle in training them I'm not sure what else he is supposed to do when he's not in the match squad.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #928: Sep 02, 2015 02:57:41 pm
      But if you were fit and well to work and the boss didn't give you that call to come in I'd guess you'd have yo find something to occupy you mate.

Listen he might be the worst trainer in the history of football.

He might have an attitude that stinks.

He might be that sh*te that the manager would rather play the new 18 year old CB in his place.

But if he is willing to play and is not causing a hassle in training them I'm not sure what else he is supposed to do when he's not in the match squad.

Oh I'm not saying he should't play Xbox or whatever, I'm just saying...maybe keep those sorts of things to yourself as opposed to broadcasting to everyone that you are getting paid 10s of thousands per week to do them. Out of sight out of mind ya know?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #929: Sep 02, 2015 03:01:01 pm
      Oh I'm not saying he should't play Xbox or whatever, I'm just saying...maybe keep those sorts of things to yourself as opposed to broadcasting to everyone that you are getting paid 10s of thousands per week to do them. Out of sight out of mind ya know?

See that stuff doesn't bother me mate.

He's a multi millionaire footballer who is able to go on holiday at the drop of a hat or play Xbox all day long so him not posting about it doesn't make a difference to me.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #930: Sep 02, 2015 03:04:16 pm
      Can't blame him seeing out his contract. It's not his fault the club gave him £60K and no other club are willing to match it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #931: Sep 02, 2015 03:24:45 pm
      See that stuff doesn't bother me mate.

He's a multi millionaire footballer who is able to go on holiday at the drop of a hat or play Xbox all day long so him not posting about it doesn't make a difference to me.

I'm just saying what I would do if I were in his situation. Like it or not for these footballers, people make judgements and perceptions are created and if you desire to stay in the supporters favor then maybe it's best to fly under the radar? I just can't imagine someone like Coutinho doing that can you? He comes across as a bit of a clown. And I like Enrique, he's probably really fun to hang out with.

The other thing is....managers see what you are doing when you are on social media as well. So maybe Brendan sees it as Enrique being happy with being a sideshow and not really caring about fighting for his spot?

Bottom line is, if I REALLY was interested in forcing my way back into the picture, I'd make sure that everything I did at least had the appearance of me doing it to improve as a footballer.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #932: Sep 02, 2015 04:14:45 pm
      We've wasted this guy, I'm not sure how ready he's been with the injuries but he's a solid defender and was better getting forward than Johnson but Johnson always got a game no matter how sh*te he was. Enrique El Toro, sorry the management have been such horrible tw*ts towards you, tweet all you want in your spare time because it's not like the boss is telling you you're part of the plans.
      Sometimes this club pisses me right off, I don't get a lot of things, why certain players are like bumbuddies with Brendan and others are on the sh*t list.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #933: Sep 02, 2015 04:52:35 pm
      I'm just saying what I would do if I were in his situation. Like it or not for these footballers, people make judgements and perceptions are created and if you desire to stay in the supporters favor then maybe it's best to fly under the radar? I just can't imagine someone like Coutinho doing that can you? He comes across as a bit of a clown. And I like Enrique, he's probably really fun to hang out with.

The other thing is....managers see what you are doing when you are on social media as well. So maybe Brendan sees it as Enrique being happy with being a sideshow and not really caring about fighting for his spot?

Bottom line is, if I REALLY was interested in forcing my way back into the picture, I'd make sure that everything I did at least had the appearance of me doing it to improve as a footballer.

Well I heard he's deleted his Instagram so maybe he's giving it one last go FL. ;D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #934: Sep 02, 2015 10:29:45 pm
      Not in the Europa League squad so I doubt he'll get any chances to force his way back in or even play for a contract somewhere else.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #935: Sep 02, 2015 10:44:20 pm
      He's not exactly a world class player by any means and has had his injury problems but I can't quite understand the reason he is banished from all match day squads yet Lovren is given the treatment of some sort of god by Rodgers. Enrique is no worse than the majority of our defence IMO. He has had some good games for us and is certainly more reliable at the back than Moreno!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #936: Sep 02, 2015 10:51:02 pm
      He's not exactly a world class player by any means and has had his injury problems but I can't quite understand the reason he is banished from all match day squads yet Lovren is given the treatment of some sort of god by Rodgers. Enrique is no worse than the majority of our defence IMO. He has had some good games for us and is certainly more reliable at the back than Moreno!

Probably burned his bridge when the club told him no reason for a surgery and he went ahead and did it anyway.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #937: Sep 02, 2015 11:24:37 pm
      Probably burned his bridge when the club told him no reason for a surgery and he went ahead and did it anyway.

Don't blame him for doing it off his own back to be honest because our medical department is utter crap and haven't a clue on how to manage/prevent injuries.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #938: Sep 02, 2015 11:50:02 pm

I can't remember this :( Any chance of a link so I can read up on it? Quite disappointed to hear he had to go against our doctors advice and just go for surgery.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #939: Sep 03, 2015 12:00:35 am
      I can't remember this :( Any chance of a link so I can read up on it? Quite disappointed to hear he had to go against our doctors advice and just go for surgery.

He went against medical advice Si.  He insisted on having surgery for his knee injury when he was advised it could end his career, he's barely been available for selection since due to the recurring problems the surgery caused.

Gonna have to ask Debs...if she said it I believe it would be true.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #940: Sep 09, 2015 03:40:37 pm
      What's going on with this player? he is a good player, is he injured? Has he got a new laptop and can't draw himself away from social media?
      Is he out on loan? I honestly don't know.
      He's a solid mo fo, much more than Glen was but he was allowed to play wth is going on at this club.
      We have wasted so much talent, lets say a player has certain attributes and mightn't be totally world class, use their strengths or what is the alternative? Just pay wages for them to never be utilised whatsoever.
      That's too many questions, I do realise. They're the questions I have in relation to the running of this club though.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #941: Sep 29, 2015 11:52:47 am
      He was Injured long time, pissed about on social media annoyed folk.

Now he has deleted social media, and is fighting to get back in the team, played for ressies this week. Dunno how it went though ?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #942: Sep 29, 2015 12:25:56 pm
      He was Injured long time, pissed about on social media annoyed folk.

Now he has deleted social media, and is fighting to get back in the team, played for ressies this week. Dunno how it went though ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrCbzO16TDs

I do wonder whats up with him, is he really that sh*t that he can't even get a look in, or his perhaps his fitness the issue? Maybe he had a falling out with Rodgers?

Quick Reply