Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sebastian Coates Player Thread (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 114641 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Sebastian Coates Player Thread
      Reply #115: Sep 19, 2011 07:31:43 pm
      Oh yeah, regarding his booking. I saw the initial challenge on an internet stream and had to run out of the room immediately afterwards to stop my dad's dogs barking. I came back to find he'd been boooked but haven't seen the replays.
      Honest answer, now you've all had time to calm down, was it a foul? I thought he got the ball but as I said, I didn't get to see it properly.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #116: Sep 19, 2011 07:32:57 pm
      Probably the only positive coming from that game was Coates' debut. He may have been a little over excited when playing his first couple of passes, especially that over hit cross field, but I don't mind that at all. He certainly seems to have the confidence to play the ball out on the deck and that's a massive positive for me. Wasn't particularly at fault for any of their goals and can hold his head up relatively high compared to the rest.

Looking forward to watching him develop as a player and I'm very confident that he's going to do well for us.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #117: Sep 19, 2011 08:43:39 pm
      Difficult to comment on his performance to be honest wasn't overly impressed or overly concerned.

Agreed, very hard to judge his performance considering the team was in chaos
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #118: Sep 20, 2011 01:05:16 am
      Honest answer, now you've all had time to calm down, was it a foul? I thought he got the ball but as I said, I didn't get to see it properly.

Looked like he got the ball at first, replay showed he did catch the player.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #119: Sep 20, 2011 01:56:44 am
      Looking back at it Rep, he cleaned Adebayor out. Thought he got the ball at first, but head on shows otherwise. Hell of a game to make your debut.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #120: Sep 20, 2011 03:07:43 am
      Difficult to judge him in his first game but I have to be honest and say he wasn't that impressive but as stated, it was one hell of game to make your debut in.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #121: Sep 20, 2011 09:59:26 am
      Pretty good conisdering what arena he had to enter. Kenny must rate him to chuck him in like that, we did have other options. Looks like he has good awareness for one so young comming from a different league. Very hard to tell if he will be a Vidic or a Senderos though.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #122: Sep 20, 2011 12:04:45 pm
      Pretty good conisdering what arena he had to enter. Kenny must rate him to chuck him in like that, we did have other options. Looks like he has good awareness for one so young comming from a different league. Very hard to tell if he will be a Vidic or a Senderos though.

Wouldn't a Liverpool fan say "very hard to tell if he will be a Sami or a Torben"?

As for Coates, he was ok I suppose. Didn't see anything overly impressive, bar that tackle and didn't see him F**k up much bar the odd over hit pass. Will probably start against Brighton tomorrow, be interesting to see how he does against a lower league side.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #123: Sep 20, 2011 12:10:41 pm
      Wouldn't a Liverpool fan say "very hard to tell if he will be a Sami or a Torben"?

No really, as we are playing the game today I'd expect to use players from today. We dont have any extreames like that today. Stop looking into things to much. Do you want me to name some Liverpool players for you to make it better?

This has been taken off topic again, not by me. I make a reasonable comment & instead of a reasonable reply Im accused of something. No need for it.

& TBH I cant see what you saw in the lad to liken him to teddy bear!

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #124: Sep 20, 2011 12:28:39 pm
      No really, as we are playing the game today I'd expect to use players from today. We dont have any extreames like that today. Stop looking into things to much. Do you want me to name some Liverpool players for you to make it better?

If you're talking today's game then why not use Agger and Paletta? Yes I would rather Liverpool fans spoke about Liverpool players. But as I don't believe you're a Liverpool fan, it comes as no surprise that you mention players of other clubs.

This has been taken off topic again, not by me. I make a reasonable comment & instead of a reasonable reply Im accused of something. No need for it.

Giz a violin for fucks sake.

& TBH I cant see what you saw in the lad to liken him to teddy bear!

I didn't liken him to anyone you soft b***ard. Learn to read.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #125: Sep 20, 2011 12:42:11 pm
      If you're talking today's game then why not use Agger and Paletta? Yes I would rather Liverpool fans spoke about Liverpool players. But as I don't believe you're a Liverpool fan, it comes as no surprise that you mention players of other clubs.

Giz a violin for fucks sake.

I didn't liken him to anyone you soft b***ard. Learn to read.

Christ man, I mention 2 well known footballers & you go off on one about nothing. Can you not mention other players? What a joke! I dont give a fukk if you believe Im a Liverpool fan, makes no odds to me. However you shouldnt keep going off topic because you have a problem about that.

No need for a violin & personally Im not bothered, I'd chat away all day. I am just trying to show respect for other users that dont like this kind of bickering & people going off topic

Yes you did hard lad, you said "hard to tell if he would be a sami or a torban" that in anyones English means likening to. Your suggesting he might be either or, therefore suggesting he could be a teddy bear. I cant see how on earth you draw that conclusion?

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #126: Sep 20, 2011 12:50:51 pm
      No need for a violin & personally Im not bothered, I'd chat away all day. I am just trying to show respect for other users that dont like this kind of bickering & people going off topic

Yes you did hard lad, you said "hard to tell if he would be a sami or a torban" that in anyones English means likening to. Your suggesting he might be either or, therefore suggesting he could be a teddy bear. I cant see how on earth you draw that conclusion?

Firstly, if you're going to quote me quote correctly. I said "Sami or Torben" as they are the correct spellings, not Torban. Again makes me think you're no Liverpool fan.

And I still didn't liken him to either. I said isn't that what a Liverpool fan would say if they were to liken him, which you wanted to do with Vidic and Senderos. I said wouldn't a Liverpool say "very hard to tell if he'll be a Sami or a Torben". Not difficult to understand really is it?

I've handed this piece of advice out a few times on this forum and I think it's time for it again. Learn to read, it's essential for a forum.

If you did read, you'd see I didn't liken Coates to either. I judged his performance which was ok. Wasn't great, wasn't sh*t.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #127: Sep 20, 2011 12:53:18 pm
      Didn't see enough from him to judge him yet.

Shouldn't judge any player until they've played a fair number of games in the starting team anyway. Say about half a season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #128: Sep 20, 2011 12:55:35 pm
      Baptism of fire for the lad and under those circumstances, I think he done pretty well for his debut, I'd like to see him on a level playing field 11 vs 11, where I'm sure he will give a much better account of himself.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #129: Sep 20, 2011 01:08:07 pm
      Firstly, if you're going to quote me quote correctly. I said "Sami or Torben" as they are the correct spellings, not Torban. Again makes me think you're no Liverpool fan.

And I still didn't liken him to either. I said isn't that what a Liverpool fan would say if they were to liken him, which you wanted to do with Vidic and Senderos. I said wouldn't a Liverpool say "very hard to tell if he'll be a Sami or a Torben". Not difficult to understand really is it?

I've handed this piece of advice out a few times on this forum and I think it's time for it again. Learn to read, it's essential for a forum.

If you did read, you'd see I didn't liken Coates to either. I judged his performance which was ok. Wasn't great, wasn't sh*t.

Joke, you pick at rushed spelling again. The fact I call him teddy bear means you know exactly what is going on. Like I said think what you like, doesn’t bother me. Keep saying the same boring thing over & over if it helps you.

You did the very words you typed suggested I should have used the players you named. Thats not too hard to understand is. You said I should have likened him to those players, either or. Keep digging ;D

You judged his performance after who you said I should have likened him to. I suggest you take you take your own advice!

This is all nonsense anyway, I’ll talk about Coates if you like. Your petty attempts to wind me up & point score simply don’t work, keep it on topic yeah?
      « Last Edit: Sep 20, 2011 01:30:15 pm by RedSteve »
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #130: Sep 20, 2011 01:22:24 pm
      ......or both DM each other and stop boring everyone to death about trivial bollocks zzzzzzzzz.

Tough game for him to come into, thought he was ok, but didn't see anything in particular. Looking forward to seeing him get a proper run out tomorrow against Brighton.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #131: Sep 20, 2011 02:07:42 pm
      It seem obligatory to say it was a "baptism of fire" so... it was ;D

Hope to see him start alongside Skrtel on Saturday.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #132: Sep 20, 2011 08:10:34 pm
      Hope to see him start alongside Skrtel on Saturday.

Is Skrtel only banned the for the one game?

Personally I would prefer him to start with Carragher for the advice he would get on the pitch and I would do it against Brighton tomorrow.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #133: Sep 20, 2011 11:45:08 pm
      He pushed up well and showed good awareness to keep the offsides line on two of Spurs' goals. Unfortunately Enrique and Carragher did not :P
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #134: Sep 21, 2011 12:19:57 am
      i couldnt watch the game so can anyone tell me if he looked like his got enough pace to keep up with the PL? Due to his size am a bit worried abt his pace and acceleration
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #135: Sep 21, 2011 03:49:16 am
      Compared to someone like Mertesacker, I don't think he's slow. I think he just got caught off guard seeing it was his debut and he needed to adjust to the English game.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #136: Sep 21, 2011 09:30:30 am
      I couldnt watch the game so can anyone tell me if he looked like his got enough pace to keep up with the PL? Due to his size am a bit worried abt his pace and acceleration

He got caught & that led to him getting booked. It was reasonably close to being a red as well & I dont think he took that into consideration, that said he had to take the man down. Looked slow on the turn, abit clumsy. He's very young & this was his first game & lets face it it wasnt the easiest of first games & that was without what had happened prior to him comming on. To sum up, he is not the quickest.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #137: Sep 21, 2011 09:46:50 am
      He got caught & that led to him getting booked. It was reasonably close to being a red as well & I dont think he took that into consideration, that said he had to take the man down. Looked slow on the turn, abit clumsy. He's very young & this was his first game & lets face it it wasnt the easiest of first games & that was without what had happened prior to him comming on. To sum up, he is not the quickest.

Nope, he was fine, his pace won't be a problem, please don't allow RedSteve to help you form an opinion of a player, because if it's a Liverpool player it will be a negative opinion that he's trying to get you to form.

Quick Reply