Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Stadium question

Read 10458 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Stadium question
      Reply #23: Aug 14, 2013 10:38:25 am
      Doubt they've paid anyone to design any yet!
      Sound, i know its a slow process but the suspense is killing me, thought we were also getting a big screen installed within the ground, not sure where that would go tbh.

would be nice if they demolish and extend the main stand next summer as we need the capacity increase, if we get top 4 this season then i hope they pull it off.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #24: Aug 14, 2013 12:54:51 pm
      Doubt they've paid anyone to design any yet!

I'll bet they have.

As far as I understand it, the hold up is to do with buying up the remaining properties around the ground.
      The club wants to pay market price, or lower if they can, and the residents want to milk it for everything they can.

No blame attached, most people would do the same, especially with the way the club has treated the area over the last few years.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25: Aug 14, 2013 01:11:58 pm

They'll have to have plans drawn up when the planning permission is submitted and they will have already done some of the costings for the work.  They can't do that without some sort of plans.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #26: Aug 14, 2013 04:11:04 pm
      I'll bet they have.

As far as I understand it, the hold up is to do with buying up the remaining properties around the ground.
      The club wants to pay market price, or lower if they can, and the residents want to milk it for everything they can.

No blame attached, most people would do the same, especially with the way the club has treated the area over the last few years.

Try a lot lower, from what I've heard, the way the club have gone about is absolutely disgusting, hope the residents, most of who are reds and would of moved had they been given a decent offer in the first place, get everything they can from the club.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #27: Aug 15, 2013 02:27:18 pm
      If any of those people want to stay in the area I have a house for sale near Breck Road.Even when I was a kid that area was due for demolition
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28: Aug 16, 2013 05:06:58 pm
      Try a lot lower, from what I've heard, the way the club have gone about is absolutely disgusting, hope the residents, most of who are reds and would of moved had they been given a decent offer in the first place, get everything they can from the club.

I know.
      It's been dragging on for years while the club have let the area go to wrack and ruin, seemingly in an attempt to buy up the rest of the houses on the cheap.

Piss poor from the club really.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #29: Aug 20, 2013 12:47:49 am
      If John Henry can piss away a lot of money for a newspaper, then he surely should respect the community and pay what the residents are asking for.

I would definitely hold the club to ransom - a home is a home and for many it is priceless. The lack of respect and the distance between LFC's owners and its Anfield residents is sickening. Sadly, that is the state of the Premier League these days - instead of the original intention of football reaching out to local communities, over the years this aim has gone in the opposite direction. Football clubs don't represent the community, they represent themselves now. Aslo, the fans are at the bottom of the tier when it comes to owners listening.

The Premier League is just one example of capitalism gone wrong. I hope the Anfield residents know the fans are on their side.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #30: Sep 06, 2013 10:41:51 am
      tbh i think the owners are worknig well with the council as if there were just chucking people out on the street we would have had an upgraded groung already.  I think the delay is because they are sorting out housing redevelopment 1st so that residents are rehomed and onboard. can understand people have centimantal value as the've always lived there but this project will improve the area on the whole and be a better place for the whole community.

I may be wrong this is just my opinion but i dont think FSG are being disrespectfull or souless.

Etienne
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Stadium question - Ticket Availabilty
      Reply #31: Feb 24, 2014 02:32:25 pm
      Would be great if Liverpool could have more fans / supporters.  We foreign supporters struggle to get hold of tickets.  For example,  my dad is going to be 70 next month and I planed to surprise him by taking him to watch Liverpool play Aston Villa on the 30th March - the few tickets available within the Liverpool supporters club in Malta have long been sold out.  Is anyone in a position to help out ?? we plan to travel to Liverpool around the 27th March.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #32: Feb 24, 2014 09:29:04 pm
      Would be great if Liverpool could have more fans / supporters.  We foreign supporters struggle to get hold of tickets.  For example,  my dad is going to be 70 next month and I planed to surprise him by taking him to watch Liverpool play Aston Villa on the 30th March - the few tickets available within the Liverpool supporters club in Malta have long been sold out.  Is anyone in a position to help out ?? we plan to travel to Liverpool around the 27th March.

Good luck with those tickets, but I fear you have no chance of obtaining a ticket to see Liverpool vs Villa on the 30th March, as we are playing Spurs.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #33: Feb 28, 2014 06:39:12 pm
      tbh i think the owners are worknig well with the council as if there were just chucking people out on the street we would have had an upgraded groung already.  I think the delay is because they are sorting out housing redevelopment 1st so that residents are rehomed and onboard. can understand people have centimantal value as the've always lived there but this project will improve the area on the whole and be a better place for the whole community.

I may be wrong this is just my opinion but i dont think FSG are being disrespectfull or souless.

the homes are empty its the problem trying to communicate with absent owners is causing a delay in the CPO programme.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #34: Jan 17, 2015 07:14:53 pm
      Just wanted to know are we going to widen the pitch as well or is it just more seats?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #35: Jan 17, 2015 07:30:46 pm
      Just wanted to know are we going to widen the pitch as well or is it just more seats?

Only 3 teams have wider pitches, in the Premier League, a combined 7 yards extra between the 3 of them.  We do have the (joint) shortest length though, but as many a girl, with lying eyes, will tell you, girth is better and length isn't important.  ;)
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #36: Jan 26, 2015 11:52:26 am
      what's happed to getting a large screen in i thought that was supposed to happen this season, does anyone know if the new plans account for a large scree. not that it matters but it would be good to see goal reply's when at the ground like other teams do around the world
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #37: Jan 29, 2015 09:08:05 pm
      what's happed to getting a large screen in i thought that was supposed to happen this season, does anyone know if the new plans account for a large scree. not that it matters but it would be good to see goal reply's when at the ground like other teams do around the world

Looking at Anfield as it is I can't see it, where would you out it for a start. Have to be honest not a fan of the screens, can watch the replays to me hearts content once I get home!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #38: Feb 25, 2015 12:46:57 pm
      Looking at Anfield as it is I can't see it, where would you out it for a start. Have to be honest not a fan of the screens, can watch the replays to me hearts content once I get home!
      yer good point and if it means less seats then swerve it.
      diegoLFC07
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #39: Apr 27, 2015 03:09:54 pm
      We could fill a 75,000 week in week out. The ticket demand is ridiculous. Probably not against Port Vale in the cup, but every prem game would be filled.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #40: Apr 27, 2015 08:07:36 pm
      Could liverpool fill a 60,000+ stadium every week?

Well we were getting 45k with 56k on the season ticket list.
      Say we knocked some waiting list people off, there's still many who'd want to see 5, 10, 30 games a season instead. So say 45k + 35k, EASILY. Thats 80k

Provided we have a decent team, and fair prices.

Dont listen to the plants and pricks that frequent various forums (Rawk being one of the most obvious examples of plant infiltration). All their kind want to do is have lower capacity and tighten demand to charge obscene amts for ticket. Which is exactly what various scumbag owners in Italy are doing  ie capacities being slashed massively, even well below recent AVERAGE crowds.

You need to remember that the typical Anfield crowd has made Irish, Scandinavians and others travelling. LFC was the biggest/2nd club in much of England until recently. And the local supportership is barely being catered for currently.

Decent team, decent owners, and decent prices and we could sell 80k, 90k or more.
      Where things are going currently, well thats a different issue. And a different thread perhaps.

I predict a bit of a backlash against the rising ticket prices, and sinking team quality. SOS seem to think so.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #41: Apr 27, 2015 08:08:38 pm
      PS Arsenal went from 36k to 60k avg gate overnight.
      There are many egs like that with big stadium expansions.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #42: May 07, 2015 06:33:25 pm
      70000 stadium should be the minimum to aim for, with potential to expand in the future.

Very cheap tickets for league cup/fa cup games :). Maybe FSG can bring some new ideas with regards to ticketing from the Fenway stadium.

Bang on, The Emirates Stadium was finish in 2006 and by 2007 most supporters were say that it should have been at least a 70,000 seater plus... By the way I live in Tottenham albeit a life long Liverpool supporter
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #43: Jun 12, 2015 10:51:42 am
      are there any scopes to do the centenary stand?

its currently 12k including executive boxes but once anney rd and main stand are complete it will look out of place and think we will possibly look at expansion there once again probably try get it as a 3 tier stand maybe to get it to 18k including boxes.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #44: Jun 12, 2015 11:33:26 am
      are there any scopes to do the centenary stand?

its currently 12k including executive boxes but once anney rd and main stand are complete it will look out of place and think we will possibly look at expansion there once again probably try get it as a 3 tier stand maybe to get it to 18k including boxes.

Sorry to be dismissive, but again, the capacity can not bet increased to the 70-80,0000 as the transport infrastructure will not accommodate that amount of people.

This is out of the clubs hands. Locals and the council have the power here.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #45: Jun 12, 2015 12:12:50 pm

This is why the original plan was to build a new stadium on stanley park, that would have included new transport infrastructure as well. But FSG reviewed all old plans and decided most cost effective & practical plan was to re-vamp & increase Anfield.

I think most fans are happy with this no?

Quick Reply