Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 670576 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Steven Gerrard Player Thread
      Reply #115: Apr 16, 2008 10:50:21 pm
      Here's one especially for you MsG  ;) :D  And anyone else that fancies Mr Gerrard  ;) :D

Thanks Smiggs for such a perfect view ;) made my night  ;D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #116: Apr 18, 2008 07:36:43 pm
      I can't believe the Andriy Voronin thread has got more pages than this thread...
      lıverpool_turkey
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #117: Apr 19, 2008 08:32:46 pm
      _-_11 years _-_                    GERRARD=LİVERPOOL
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #118: Apr 20, 2008 07:24:55 am
      Don't know if this is the right thread for this?  :f_steam: From The Times this morning:

Chelsea eye Steven Gerrard bid as title race heads for dramatic finish

Chelsea will make a third attempt to sign Steven Gerrard from Liverpool if, as expected, Frank Lampard leaves at the end of the season. Jose Mourinho, Chelsea’s former manager, was twice out of luck when he tried to buy the Liverpool captain. However, fortune may well smile on his successor, Avram Grant, whose title hopes were raised yesterday when leaders Manchester United could only draw 1-1 at Blackburn thanks to a late goal from Carlos Tevez. Chelsea are three points behind United, who visit Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Gerrard almost joined Chelsea in June 2004 for £20m, and again 12 months later, for £32m, after the Anfield captain reacted to the interest by submitting a transfer request. He changed his mind only after his family received death threats and a fan burned his replica shirt live on Sky TV.

Now Grant will try to make it third time lucky, if he survives in the job beyond the end of the season and, as seems likely, Lampard leaves to take on a fresh challenge.

Grant, whose Chelsea side meet Liverpool at Anfield in the Champions League semi-final first leg on Tuesday, said: “Gerrard is a great player and a great person. For me, he is the player of the year in England, and maybe in Europe, because of the influence he has on the team. I like him very much as a player and I know him. He is a nice guy and an example to others. He plays against me, but he’s still my favourite player.”

Grant added that he greatly admired the England midfielder’s versatility, pointing to his success in a new role, playing off Fernando Torres, Liverpool’s main striker. He said: “I’m not surprised; he has the quality to play in any position. In the one he is in now he probably feels more free.”

Reminded that Mourinho had tried to sign him twice, Grant said: “If you can bring him to me, I will be happy.” Gerrard and Lampard are widely considered too similar to play in the same England midfield, and Liverpool’s dynamic leader would be a like-for-like replacement for Lampard, who is known to hanker after a move to Spain, and will probably end up wherever Mourinho resumes his managerial career. Like their playing styles, their records are much the same. Gerrard has scored 21 goals in all competitions this season, Lampard is Chelsea’s leading scorer with 18, albeit in fewer games. For England, Gerrard has netted 12 times in 64 appearances, Lampard 14 in 60.

In terms of market value, Gerrard has the edge, if only because he is still only 27. Lampard will turn 30 in June. Rebuffed twice, Chelsea believe they could get their man this time because Gerrard is known to be unhappy about Liverpool’s continued failure in the Premier League, and is appalled by the boardroom feud at Anfield and what the chief executive, Rick Parry, has called the washing of dirty linen in public.

It has also been noted at Stamford Bridge that in his autobiography, Gerrard admits to “looking long, and jealously, at Chelsea”. Grant’s comments are sure to add extra spice to Tuesday’s clash at Anfield.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #119: Apr 20, 2008 07:33:05 am
      Can't see it myself.  Players will be leaving Chelsea in the summer like rats on a sinking ship, and who would you rather have as your manager, Rafa or Avram - case closed  ;) :D

If he was gonna move,  he would of done it last time he was tempted when Maureen was in charge.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #120: Apr 20, 2008 07:41:00 am
      Can't see it myself.  Players will be leaving Chelsea in the summer like rats on a sinking ship, and who would you rather have as your manager, Rafa or Avram - case closed  ;) :D

If he was gonna move,  he would of done it last time he was tempted when Maureen was in charge.

I thought the same thing Smiggs, the only thing that made me doubt for a second was when they mentioned that he must be pissed off with all the takeover crap that has been going on.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #121: Apr 20, 2008 08:07:46 am
      I thought the same thing Smiggs, the only thing that made me doubt for a second was when they mentioned that he must be pissed off with all the takeover crap that has been going on.

Don't think thats enough to sway him Ayrton, after all things are looking up in that area  ;)   All the players are pissed off with it as well as the fans and the manager.  Stevie will not let it get to him, look at the performances they've had over the last few weeks and the Torres/Gerrard love-in.  Do you really think he'd leave Nando now ?  ;) :D :D  :-* :-*
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #122: Apr 20, 2008 08:16:07 am
      Don't think thats enough to sway him Ayrton, after all things are looking up in that area  ;)   All the players are pissed off with it as well as the fans and the manager.  Stevie will not let it get to him, look at the performances they've had over the last few weeks and the Torres/Gerrard love-in.  Do you really think he'd leave Nando now ?  ;) :D :D  :-* :-*

It's true! They've only been together a few months, I thought most marriages lasted longer than that, even nowadays! :D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #123: Apr 20, 2008 09:11:38 am
      I guess there must be 2 Champions Cup games coming up, there cannot be any other explanation for this rubbish about Stevie going to Chelsea.Is it possible that the special 1 is still advising Chelsea on ways to unsettle the Mighty REDS-It will not work as RAFA is far too clever.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #124: Apr 20, 2008 09:22:17 am
      when we are playing someone in champion lea. the other team always go in for gerrard, like mancini of inter two days before the first leg said that he is interested in him. all this is rubbish for me.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #125: Apr 20, 2008 10:17:36 am
      Just been browsing through the bbc website and came across the following statment

Chelsea will make a third attempt to sign Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard if Frank Lampard, as expected, leaves at the end of the season.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #126: Apr 20, 2008 10:43:51 am
      This is already being discussed in the Steven Gerrard thread.  Topic merged.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #127: Apr 20, 2008 11:17:35 am
      I reckon Chelsea have a similar chance to winning the CL and signing Steven Gerrard....

That is...roughly 0.

mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #128: Apr 20, 2008 11:22:14 am
      It's just another tabloid thing trying to cause unrest in our squad before we meet Chelsea on Tuesday.

Take no notice of this, and lets instead, get behind our team and cheer us on through to yet another European Cup Final.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #129: Apr 22, 2008 12:43:11 am
      If Avram did say he wanted Gerrard then he's just trying to unsettle him. Avram thinks he's the Mourinho no.2, well not even close to that but anyway neither of those Chelsea managers had any class about them.

Rafa has class, and so does Gerrard! Hope he plays the game of his life tommorow!
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #130: Apr 22, 2008 08:31:02 am
      I dismissed this as BULL the first time I saw it...

I see he is trying the same strategies that Maureen used...and needless to say THEY DIDN'T WORK.

STEVIE might be thinking of leaving...but I don't think he's moving NOW...and certainly not to CHELSKI...
      freddy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #131: Apr 22, 2008 10:10:09 pm
      I would take this seriously if it wasn't the third bloody time Chelski tried to steal us our captain. Besides, I don't think Stevie wants to move anyway.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #132: Apr 22, 2008 11:26:51 pm
      Talk about unsettling players, we all know that there is no better midfielder on the globe, but hey, Chelsea have some big names themselves.  And by saying that Gerrard is his favourite player, surely he is not doing anything positive to his own camp and players like Fat Frank, Ballack, Essien...etc it will not be exactly music to their ears.
      kennys88lads
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | -4 
      Reply #133: Apr 23, 2008 12:01:44 am
      Who gives a F**k!! F**k off!
      I've been getting text messages all day about stevey being gay, apparently he's the midfielder that was in the papers last week, He still a legend and always will be, has anyone else heard this????????
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #134: Apr 23, 2008 12:24:58 am

I'm not sure if you've realised this, but that original post was made over two years ago, and the chap that posted it hasn't been on here for the same amount of time either. I doubt he's gonna get to read your post.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #135: May 01, 2008 12:08:09 am
      Was one of our worst performers today. Rafa has to learn to sub him off if he's not playing up to standard, being a captain shouldn't interfear with Rafa's decisions.

Don't know if he was injured but he didn't look too interested, probably injured!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #136: May 01, 2008 12:14:31 am
      Mate did we watch the same F***ing game as me?

Are you just smoking your socks again??

Pinpoint what was wrong with his game? Maybe you were waiting for a 40 yard cracker ffs the man gave his all as always and played that through ball for Torres in the first half which he should have buried. He committed to less challenges and tackles because he was cautious about the yellow.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #137: May 01, 2008 12:15:06 am
      Was one of our worst performers today. Rafa has to learn to sub him off if he's not playing up to standard, being a captain shouldn't interfear with Rafa's decisions.

Don't know if he was injured but he didn't look too interested, probably injured!

Rafa couldn't sub him, he'd already used all his subs :(

A lot of players didn't perform tonight, and although I hate to admit it............Gerrard was one of them. :(

Quick Reply