Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 670732 times
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Re: Steven Gerrard Player Thread
      Reply #4761: Feb 07, 2015 07:50:40 pm
      It'll be a sorry sight to behold, but from now on he should merely be a bench warmer. He's hindering progress big time now. Far better for us to have memories of him possibly coming late on as a game changer or winner rather than being a liability for his remaining time here.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4762: Feb 07, 2015 08:13:59 pm
      Thought Gerrard would've given that extra gear and be our match winner today, but it wasn't to be. As soon as Lucas went off, we should've either stuck him in midfield with Allen or sub him off for Sturridge.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4763: Feb 11, 2015 11:27:27 pm
      3 games in 7 days.
      Hamstring injury.

Looks like the captain is out for 3 weeks.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #4764: Feb 11, 2015 11:39:45 pm
      3 games in 7 days.
      Hamstring injury.

Looks like the captain is out for 3 weeks.

Would think Lovren is going in the back 3 with Can moving to the mid.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #4765: Feb 12, 2015 07:23:51 am
      I think it's a massive blow personally. Gerrard adds composure and a touch of class. I'm gutted he's out.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #4766: Feb 12, 2015 08:45:54 am
      The injury shouldn't have happened, I think he is a good manager but his management of Gerrard is near gross negligence at times - you don't play a 35 year old for 3 games in 6 days and not expect some sort of injury - esp as we have other options.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4767: Feb 12, 2015 10:00:45 am
      I think it's a massive blow personally. Gerrard adds composure and a touch of class. I'm gutted he's out.

It's nowhere near massive, he's been poor the past few games. Lucas is a massive blow.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4768: Feb 12, 2015 10:03:22 am
      Well, with Lucas and Gerrard out for the next few weeks,
      expect to see our average starting age hit the 23s.

The squad is ridiculously young.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #4769: Feb 12, 2015 12:22:51 pm

You have seen Gerrard play this season right?

Would have been a massive blow in the past, even last season, but I think Lucas being out is the greater blow.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #4770: Feb 19, 2015 10:16:39 pm
      Why has Geriatric Gerrard just thrown Mario under the bus on live Tele? It's the best 20 minutes he's ever played for us and Gerrard said he was disrespectful and will have a word with Mario.....he was the more confident man took it and we won. Why is there even a fuss?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #4771: Feb 19, 2015 10:34:28 pm
      Why has Geriatric Gerrard just thrown Mario under the bus on live Tele? It's the best 20 minutes he's ever played for us and Gerrard said he was disrespectful and will have a word with Mario.....he was the more confident man took it and we won. Why is there even a fuss?

I really don't get why he said what he did today. As if "I'm the big man I'll put that Balo in his place." Who knows maybe Balo's problem is he hasn't had enough people to put him in his place in his career I dunno...
      Sometimes I just feel with Balo its all stick no carrot at times. To be fair I think I'm just soft on him I really want it to work for him here think he could be a great player still
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4772: Feb 19, 2015 10:37:59 pm
      Steven said what Steven said. At least he was upfront and honest (bit like the King) with it and livened up these post match discussions even though it will probably brew a shitstorm in the media.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4773: Feb 19, 2015 10:45:23 pm
      Steven said what Steven said. At least he was upfront and honest (bit like the King) with it and livened up these post match discussions even though it will probably brew a shitstorm in the media.

Wasn't his finest decision... he must know the sh*t this will cause in the following week (and its a big week) But who is going to shout at Stevie? Bit of leadership from the coach needed now to keep things in order. Can see the media playing this out as a negative turning point in our season should we lose away at Saints and then drop points to the current champions.

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #4774: Feb 19, 2015 11:02:52 pm
      Wasn't his finest decision... he must know the sh*t this will cause in the following week (and its a big week) But who is going to shout at Stevie? Bit of leadership from the coach needed now to keep things in order. Can see the media playing this out as a negative turning point in our season should we lose away at Saints and then drop points to the current champions.

Yip no need for it.
      Rodgers has never stamped his authority on Gerrard now may be the time to say "Steven knows we don't air our dirty laundry and I've made him aware of his responsibilities" - won't happen but Steven Gerrard should take note of who's boss I feel at times and it ain't him or Jamie Carragher
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #4775: Feb 20, 2015 08:06:55 am
      last night was a player who in his head has already left to come out as our current captain and publicly slag off another player. Hendo said the right things and to be honest Mario needs to be our pen taker
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #4776: Feb 25, 2015 04:42:43 pm
      any news on his return date with blackburn comming up i would like to see him start that game giving a rest to hendo or coutinho maybe play him in the attacking role.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #4777: Mar 06, 2015 11:04:42 pm
      Just read on Facebook, that Liverpool have a 100% record when Gerrard hasn't played! Food for thought Brendan!
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #4778: Mar 07, 2015 12:49:26 pm
      Just read on Facebook, that Liverpool have a 100% record when Gerrard hasn't played! Food for thought Brendan!

a) 6 games is not a huge sample size even if it were an individual stat and b) holistic stats to draw individual conclusions are weak at the best of times - they require much larger sample sizes than individual stats due to the much greater number of variables.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #4779: Mar 11, 2015 01:38:01 am
      Liverpool have never won the Prem when Gerrard has played! Food for thought Brendan....?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4780: Mar 11, 2015 11:14:57 am
      Liverpool have never won the Prem when Gerrard has played! Food for thought Brendan....?

Ever since Stevie said he was leaving us I've had this nagging feeling we're going to win it next season.  I say "nagging" even though winning the title has been what we've all wanted for too long but when I heard the news the first thing that came to mind was Judas leaving in 2004 and what happened in 2005.

Different scenarios I know but as much as I/we want to win it, it would just feel so sad that Stevie wasn't with us to join in the celebrations  :(
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #4781: Mar 11, 2015 08:19:25 pm
      He will be loaned back to us from LA, so he will take a part in wining the league  ;)
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #4782: Mar 13, 2015 12:38:58 pm
      He will be loaned back to us from LA, so he will take a part in wining the league  ;)
      agree mate people forget we will have him on load over the winter break and at that point we will be sitting pretty at the top as i think UTD will buy to many players and they will need to click. Chelsea will still be strong but City will sack their manager and be starting all over again and will buy loads also in the summer.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4783: Mar 17, 2015 12:30:19 am
      Nice to see Gerrard come on and bring experience and composure to the team, was much needed in the 2nd half!

Welcome back, Captain Marvel!!

Quick Reply