Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 672059 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Steven Gerrard Player Thread
      Reply #4830: Apr 24, 2015 07:24:35 pm
      Its a shame that Steven's career with his club is coming to somewhat a drab end, that he hasnt been able to go out with a bang.. He hasnt looked himself all season and i think that missing out last year hurt him in a way that not even he knows, a spark seems to have gone from him.. Losing that title i fear is something he hasnt got over.

But im here on a rallying call..

Steven Gerrard

Aye this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8ZcZ4EoeiM#ws

We are witnessing his last few weeks at the club.. Savour him, thank him..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbkSPAf8hT8#ws

Its been a tough week this week.. Watch those clips and enjoy

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #4831: Apr 24, 2015 09:34:55 pm
      Oh we are gonna miss him gave us some fantastic memories special special player.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #4832: Apr 24, 2015 09:40:38 pm
      Its a shame that Steven's career with his club is coming to somewhat a drab end, that he hasnt been able to go out with a bang.. He hasnt looked himself all season and i think that missing out last year hurt him in a way that not even he knows, a spark seems to have gone from him.. Losing that title i fear is something he hasnt got over.

Steven Gerrard

Aye this one

Thank you PD.

We've been blessed with some greats over the years.

As a (nearly) 45 year old man (who looks damned good on it incidentally!) I hope enough people realise just how special this boy is.

There's one more "hole in one" left in the bag Stevie - get out and remind us all.

A true legend, at the club of legends.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4833: Apr 25, 2015 12:07:32 am

Steven Gerrard

Aye this one

Shame that over the last few years he has stopped hitting shots from distance, he used to score quite a few from range that were simply unstoppable but now he just looks to play the pass instead.

Never mind it being weird him not playing for us anymore, will be weird him being moved the the General Football Forum board :D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #4834: Apr 25, 2015 12:10:45 am
      Shame that over the last few years he has stopped hitting shots from distance, he used to score quite a few from range that were simply unstoppable but now he just looks to play the pass instead.

I think that's a lot to do with the groin injuries mate. I don't think he trusts his body anymore. He doesn't strike through the ball like he used to

Never mind it being weird him not playing for us anymore, will be weird him being moved the the General Football Forum board :D

Dont

Maybe we can make one exception

:'(
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #4835: Apr 27, 2015 12:26:27 pm
      legend and moving on is the right choice out of his depth in the prem now not upto the pace of the game

sad to see him go but we alreay miss him this season and that's when he's playing as he's not the gerrard he used to be. we need to spend 30mil in that area
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #4836: Apr 27, 2015 11:05:56 pm
      I have season tickets to the LA Galaxy and am hugely looking forward to seeing him out here in Los Angeles but i have to say that i honestly feel that between him and Lampard, who is heading to New York City FC that i feel that it is Frank that we prove to be a better player in the MLS.
      Gerrard's rapid deterioration has been so deeply depressing that i am deeply concerned about how he will do out here.
      The standard of the MLS is the equivalent of middle of the road championship teams but for what this league lacks in technical ability it more than makes up with players of stamina.
      Beckham was never the quickest but even towards the end of his career he could still push on for 90 mins...just not convinced that Stevie will do well here in the heat as he is meant to join the galaxy during the middle of the LA summer...and trust me, it gets bloody hot here even for evening games.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #4837: Apr 27, 2015 11:18:05 pm
      I have season tickets to the LA Galaxy and am hugely looking forward to seeing him out here in Los Angeles but i have to say that i honestly feel that between him and Lampard, who is heading to New York City FC that i feel that it is Frank that we prove to be a better player in the MLS.
      Gerrard's rapid deterioration has been so deeply depressing that i am deeply concerned about how he will do out here.
      The standard of the MLS is the equivalent of middle of the road championship teams but for what this league lacks in technical ability it more than makes up with players of stamina.
      Beckham was never the quickest but even towards the end of his career he could still push on for 90 mins...just not convinced that Stevie will do well here in the heat as he is meant to join the galaxy during the middle of the LA summer...and trust me, it gets bloody hot here even for evening games.
      Good post. Was thinking this too. Would hate too see him poverty there sitting on the bench.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #4838: Apr 28, 2015 07:47:02 am

He will be fine in the Pirlo DLPM role as long as he has another couple of willing runners next to him.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4839: Apr 28, 2015 08:12:17 am

He will stroll it, no pressure of being LFC captain, and not played at same pace as EPL.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #4840: Apr 28, 2015 03:06:48 pm

Have a few of these concerns myself. MLS is making strides to be a faster and fitter league. I'd hate the thought of LA winning the league again, but I want Stevie to get a league medal so bad.

He will be fine in the Pirlo DLPM role as long as he has another couple of willing runners next to him.

He'll have them at LA for sure. They have some great young talent (Zardes, Villarreal, Jamieson, etc.) who like to buzz around. Stevie is probably going to sit deep, let Juninho do all the dirty work in midfield, and spray passes all over the pitch.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4841: Apr 28, 2015 04:41:35 pm
      He has his pal Robbie Keane to help him settle into the team as well.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #4842: May 02, 2015 04:58:16 pm
      The silver lining of having nothing to play for at this stage is that we'll get to see our captain play for the remaining games of his last season in a red. For all that he's done for this football club, he F***ing deserves that at least.
      Nice goal today, Stevie.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #4843: May 02, 2015 05:40:14 pm
      He almost busted a gut to get up for that one and saved Rodgers blushes .Well scored Skipper .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4844: May 02, 2015 06:05:37 pm
      He almost busted a gut to get up for that one and saved Rodgers blushes .Well scored Skipper .

Fantastic. Even patronising the skipper's ability to jump (wowsers! Who'd have thought a footballer could jump?) just to have a sly dig at Rodgers.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4845: May 02, 2015 06:27:34 pm
      Fair play Stevie boy, when the chips are down ...
      We is gonna miss you.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #4846: May 02, 2015 06:32:19 pm
      Fantastic. Even patronising the skipper's ability to jump (wowsers! Who'd have thought a footballer could jump?) just to have a sly dig at Rodgers.
      If it was Jordan Henderson that scored it you'd be creamin yerself , i don't see too many giving Gerrard any Kudos except slag him off every chance ye get . And he did save face for Rodgers .

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #4847: May 02, 2015 08:04:32 pm
      That goal summed up his career for us at lfc.
      Gonna miss you in the red shirt
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #4848: May 02, 2015 10:42:05 pm

Oh come on FMS - you're way better than that.

The kid did what he's done the whole of his career - put his minerals on the line, absorbed disappointment (maybe embarrassment personally?!) and found a way for us to win. Facht - he wanted to put his head on that ball more than anyone else in Red or White/Blue today.

How would BR be feeling tonight if that hadn't happened?   

Stevie.........I still think there's a tear-jerker of a goal in there. It hasn't ended........
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #4849: May 02, 2015 11:41:56 pm
      Despite me thinking he shouldn't have started the game, and still do, it was great to see him get the winner just then watching the highlights.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4850: May 03, 2015 09:45:03 pm
      Pulled us out of the sh*t again.

Legend.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #4851: May 03, 2015 10:52:50 pm

Says it all really.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #4852: May 03, 2015 11:01:00 pm
      I would literally love to know how many he's been the match winner for us, I'd say it's a lot, especially for a midfielder.

Quick Reply