Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool - LA Galaxy - Youth Academy - Rangers - Aston Villa)

Read 666353 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool -> LA Galaxy)
      Reply #5359: Jul 16, 2016 05:25:53 pm
      He scored the winning goal against Houston yesterday taking his season tally to 3 goals and 7 assists in 14 games.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5360: Jul 20, 2016 12:03:14 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #5361: Jul 20, 2016 12:36:41 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #5362: Aug 03, 2016 11:14:45 pm
      F**k I miss him. I would have a young Gerrard over anyone in the whole world.

Just watching old videos and this guy was mixing it up with the big boys at such a young age.

Never ever ever going to be another Gerrard. What a pleasure it was to see his whole career at Liverpool. I actually remember that first ever appearance coming on as a wing back for Heggem.

I can watch YouTube videos of him all day.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #5363: Aug 04, 2016 10:21:53 pm
      F**k I miss him. I would have a young Gerrard over anyone in the whole world.

Just watching old videos and this guy was mixing it up with the big boys at such a young age.

Never ever ever going to be another Gerrard. What a pleasure it was to see his whole career at Liverpool. I actually remember that first ever appearance coming on as a wing back for Heggem.

I can watch YouTube videos of him all day.

Not allowing my bias to get in the way, for a period when he was between 24 and 29 there was no other player on the planet as complete as him. I would take him over any player you could mention of the last 20 years and it wouldn't even be a hard choice.

Incredible footballer, absolutely incredible.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #5364: Aug 04, 2016 11:09:20 pm
      Not allowing my bias to get in the way, for a period when he was between 24 and 29 there was no other player on the planet as complete as him. I would take him over any player you could mention of the last 20 years and it wouldn't even be a hard choice.

Incredible footballer, absolutely incredible.

Absolutely! I wouldn't swap him for Zidane, Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, non of them. Incredible player, mentally and physically.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #5365: Aug 26, 2016 03:12:14 pm
      Why did we let him leave again?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5366: Aug 26, 2016 03:18:09 pm

Apparently his legs had gone but his brain still works though... Would be a waste if he is not in some sort of coaching capacity at the club.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5367: Aug 26, 2016 06:24:19 pm
      he left because one week he was told he could play until he was 40 and before you knew it he was on the bench against RM go figure,
      We just need his desire and his drive back at this club in whatever capacity we can find for him
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #5368: Aug 26, 2016 06:31:06 pm
      Actually tpm pissed on his chips that night in Madrid was a fck up from start to finish tbh.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #5369: Oct 01, 2016 10:49:22 pm
      Would you have him back? Could be a perfect impact sub.

His contract expires next month.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5370: Oct 01, 2016 10:53:31 pm
      Would you have him back? Could be a perfect impact sub.

His contract expires next month.

Most definitely not. Why would we need him as an impact sub?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #5371: Oct 01, 2016 10:55:01 pm
      Most definitely not. Why would we need him as an impact sub?

Just to get him back in the squad. Get that local personality in there, get him coaching.

Calm down mate
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #5372: Oct 05, 2016 01:43:35 pm
      How any Liverpool fan could say they wouldn't have him back is beyond me.

He is our captain. Never should of left in the first place.

His legs "going" doesn't mean anything. It means he's not a box to box midfielder like he used to be. But what about Xavi, Pirlo, Alonso. They never had "legs" but they're still world class.

I'd love to see him come back.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5373: Oct 05, 2016 01:58:05 pm

His legs "going" doesn't mean anything. It means he's not a box to box midfielder like he used to be. But what about Xavi, Pirlo, Alonso. They never had "legs" but they're still world class.

Not sure he'd really fit in with what Klopp is implementing. So you don't think he needs his legs to do the kind of pressing Klopp demands?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5374: Oct 05, 2016 02:02:49 pm
      Just to get him back in the squad. Get that local personality in there, get him coaching.

Calm down mate

How was I not calm? The question related to him coming back to play, not to coach so I said no as he doesn't have the energy anymore to do as we need. Isn't that why we got rid of the likes of Benteke?

Because he's not the same Gerrard that we all loved, surely that's obvious. By all means bring him back in to coach but as a player? He's just taking a spot from somebody else. His legs going means an awful lot when you're asked to close down and run as much as our midfielders do.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #5375: Oct 05, 2016 02:11:33 pm
      Christ.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5376: Oct 05, 2016 03:22:26 pm

Calm down mate

Yeah that's kind of an insult to Buvac, Kraweitz and Linders isn't it. Not doing a good enough job are they? 'Local personality'? So he's going to sing 'Ferry Cross The Mersey' and things will be all perfect?

Away with all this tokenism bullshit. I genuinely believe some people would love to sabotage our good efforts on the training field just to get Gerrard back in the club. F**k the sentimentality and get real. He's not qualified to coach at this level so he shouldn't be at Melwood in my opinion. If he wants to be a coach at Liverpool then he can work his up like most other coaches in the country. One of our greatest players he may be but that doesn't give him a God given right to do anything he wishes or desires at the click of a finger.

The personality cult that surrounded him for the last few years of his playing career here, enough for Rodgers to turn a blind eye to his obvious deficiencies at the club, was bad enough.

And those saying he could still play a role under Klopp are f**king delusional.

Get over it. He's part of the past, time to embrace the future.
      « Last Edit: Oct 05, 2016 05:42:04 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5377: Oct 05, 2016 03:44:32 pm
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #5378: Oct 05, 2016 04:35:16 pm
      Sounds to me like a few people are sore he left in the first place...

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #5379: Oct 05, 2016 04:49:35 pm
      Yeah that's kind of an insult to Buvac, Kraweitz and Linders isn't it. Not doing a good enough job are they? 'Local personality'? So he's going to sing 'Ferry cross the Mersey' and things will be all perfect?

Away with all this tokenism bullshit. I genuinely believe some people would love to sabotage our good efforts on the training field just to get Gerrard back in the club. F**k the sentimentality and get real. He's not qualified to coach at this level so he shouldn't be at Melwood in my opinion. If he wants to be a coach at Liverpool then he can work his up like most other coaches in the country. One of our greatest players he may be but that doesn't give him a God given right to do anything he wishes or desires at the click of a finger.

The personality cult that surrounded him for the last few years of his playing career here, enough for Rodgers to turn a blind eye to his obvious deficiencies at the club was bad enough.

And those saying he could still play a role under Klopp are f**king delusional.

Get over it. He's part of the past, time to embrace the future.

This all day. If he proves he can coach and is at the required standard then yeah get him in and that's where his status will count for something. All things being equal if it was choosing Stevie as a coach over another equally as qualified coach then obviously Stevie would be my preference.

But to be honest, I've never really been concerned with our backroom staff it is whoever the manager is comfortable with. Just so long as we get results I'm happy!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5380: Oct 05, 2016 05:09:28 pm
      Sounds to me like a few people are sore he left in the first place...

It's got F**k all to do with that, it's about using common sense and realising that he can't offer what we need in midfield. Sounds more like you and a few others can't move on from the past.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #5381: Oct 05, 2016 05:17:02 pm
      It's got F**k all to do with that, it's about using common sense and realising that he can't offer what we need in midfield. Sounds more like you and a few others can't move on from the past.

It's what I dislike about Anfield at present, it's like a museum, which I don't mind having separately, but it should be a shrine to the current players on match days and looking forward to creating history not a part of history.

Quick Reply