Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Liverpool close in on naming rights partner

Read 36278 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Re: Liverpool close in on naming rights partner
      Reply #23: Oct 07, 2011 12:47:14 pm

I've also thought about the idea, but I don't think that "Stanley Black & Decker" are a company that would invest in such a deal ... It is usually the companies from the finance sector that invest in the biggest naming rights deals ... Still, an idea worth exploring ...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #24: Oct 07, 2011 12:57:57 pm
      I've also thought about the idea, but I don't think that "Stanley Black & Decker" are a company that would invest in such a deal ... It is usually the companies from the finance sector that invest in the biggest naming rights deals ... Still, an idea worth exploring ...

Morgan Stanley it is then...

Although then both our main sponsors would be blue based sponsorship.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #25: Oct 07, 2011 01:00:49 pm
      An Field sponsored by The Campaign For Better English is still my shout.  :P
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #26: Oct 07, 2011 01:50:40 pm
      Heard a rumour that Toyota and Sony were the two other names.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #27: Oct 07, 2011 02:03:17 pm
      The pitch must be close to the stands as well.

Won't happen, most stadiums built now have a gap between the pitches and the stands similar to the Emirates, remember reading that somewhere during the ongoing stadium issue when H & G were in charge.

F**k black & Dekker, try Stanley Knife, two words that used to send shivers down any away fan coming up to Liverpool!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #28: Oct 07, 2011 02:12:01 pm
      F**k black & Dekker, try Stanley Knife, two words that used to send shivers down any away fan coming up to Liverpool!

Or just F**k any naming rights off and keep it as Anfield. Imagine the sign walking down the stairs onto the pitch "Welcome to Coca Cola Anfield" Nah swerve it, the ground is Anfield. And, providing we stay in the Anfield area which looks a given on Stanley Park, it should remain Anfield and nothing else.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #29: Oct 07, 2011 02:29:27 pm
      The only positive of a new ground would be the opportunity to sort out the demographic of the crowd in the new Kop.

All the old ST holders in the current one will hopefully move to the sides and allow the new Kop to be filled with young, local lads, mixed in with those that want to be in there and the club working with the fans to make it work. Otherwise, it'll just end up like a theme park.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #30: Oct 07, 2011 04:47:35 pm
      With all the names being thrown around it would not suprsie me we end up with an airline from the middle east,either qatari or kuwaiti.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #31: Oct 07, 2011 05:34:30 pm
      Heard a rumour that Toyota and Sony were the two other names.

Can't see that myself, as the Japanese economy is up the wall with one thing and another.

If it were Sony, I bet the finish would be boss. 

As with H&G I will believe it when I see it, and not a second earlier.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #32: Oct 07, 2011 07:01:25 pm

Without the money from the naming rights, the new stadium will always remain a fantasy ... Even Sheikh Mansour, world's wealthiest football club owner, wasn't willing to invest hundreds of millions into building a new stadium, and decided to buy a club that already had a new and modern stadium ... The redevelopment of the current Anfield site, combined with the money from the naming rights of the new ground, is the only realistic way of building a new and modern stadium, that will allow us to compete financially with the likes of Real Madrid, Barca, Man Utd, Bayern Munich or Arsenal ...
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #33: Oct 07, 2011 08:11:12 pm
       Rumours aside, this looks both:

a) Like a new stadium is definitely going ahead.
      b) Going to be announced pretty soon. 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #34: Oct 07, 2011 09:00:28 pm
      Rumours aside, this looks both:

a) Like a new stadium is definitely going ahead.
      b) Going to be announced pretty soon. 

As much as we would love to stay at our spiritual home a new stadium is a must to secure our future.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #35: Oct 07, 2011 09:01:45 pm
      Without the money from the naming rights, the new stadium will always remain a fantasy ... Even Sheikh Mansour, world's wealthiest football club owner, wasn't willing to invest hundreds of millions into building a new stadium, and decided to buy a club that already had a new and modern stadium ... The redevelopment of the current Anfield site, combined with the money from the naming rights of the new ground, is the only realistic way of building a new and modern stadium, that will allow us to compete financially with the likes of Real Madrid, Barca, Man Utd, Bayern Munich or Arsenal ...

Exactly!!!

We need the finance, we are lacking to nearly every major European club. Probably well over £100 million less per year in terms of income from ticket sales received compared to other top sides who can carry 60,000+ a week and the fact that champions league revenue is vital in a football's clubs finance and ability to compete.

Also commercial we're miles behind United. Both very similar footballing brands but United just generate so much more then us. We need to catch up and we will. 
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #36: Oct 07, 2011 10:35:06 pm

The Mancs' match day revenue is around £110 million, on annual level ... Arsenal's match day revenue is around £100 million, on annual level ... Our match day revenue is around  £42 million, on annual level ...
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #37: Oct 07, 2011 11:38:27 pm
      The Mancs' match day revenue is around £110 million, on annual level ... Arsenal's match day revenue is around £100 million, on annual level ... Our match day revenue is around  £42 million, on annual level ...
      Enough said mate,it has to happen in whatever form!!!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #38: Oct 08, 2011 12:30:04 am
      Exactly!!!

We need the finance, we are lacking to nearly every major European club. Probably well over £100 million less per year in terms of income from ticket sales received compared to other top sides who can carry 60,000+ a week and the fact that champions league revenue is vital in a football's clubs finance and ability to compete.

Also commercial we're miles behind United. Both very similar footballing brands but United just generate so much more then us. We need to catch up and we will.

That doesn't mean we need to sell the name of the ground to some multi-million corporation and sell our souls while we're at it. The teams we can't compete with apparently - United, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal. Only one sold the name of their ground, City only renamed it to swerve the fair play rules.  As far as I'm aware and I may be wrong, hardly any of the world's biggest named clubs sell their stadium's name. To my knowledge, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, the Milan clubs, Ajax ect ect have not sold the naming rights to their grounds. So why should we? Our home is Anfield, not some advertising slogan for someone else.

And so F***ing what if we're behind United commercially, there's probably 18 other current Premiership clubs we're ahead of commercially and yet people still F***ing whinge about those others as well. Those bullshit arguments do not work both ways. Go to some puddle of the marsh in the middle of nowhere and ask have they heard of Manchester City and the likelihood is they haven't, ask if they've heard of Liverpool they will have. We're a massive brand around the world and earn a F***ing good whack commercially. More than most I'd bet.

We didn't need some F**k off stadium when we were twatting United 4-1 and Real Madrid 4-0 in a matter of days. Probably the two most commercially viable clubs in the world and we fu**ed them over with a shitty arse 45,000 (give or take a few hundred) seater stadium. Bollocks. I'm happy with Anfield and F***ing sure as hell happy with it remaining Anfield.

Rather than forking out millions upon millions on a new stadium, they could do up the Anfield area first. That's in more desperate need of a redevelopment than the actual ground. Maybe these corporations wanting to name us instead can go and name a hospital in Africa and enable sick dying children to some proper care rather than it being left to charities and the good nature of general folk on the street who haven't got two halfpennies to rub together.

But nah lets demand a bigger stadium to increase ticket prices, increase the price of merchandise, increase the number of genuine fans who can no longer afford to go and increase the money in the corporations pockets. Oh yes. To quote Paul Weller - too much money in too few places, only puts smiles on particular faces.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #39: Oct 08, 2011 12:47:48 am

DLS, you should really stick to the history books ... Or alternatively, you should read this ...

http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-UnitedKingdom/Local%20Assets/Documents/Industries/Sports%20Business%20Group/UK_SBG_DFML2011.pdf
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #40: Oct 08, 2011 12:58:57 am
      So what that report says is that in 2009 we had the 7th highest revenue of any football club.

With a new stadium what are we hoping to achieve?

To become the 5th or 6th biggest revenue?

When you put it like that, you really do have to consider whether the downsides of a new stadium - the naming rights, losing Anfield, and also taking out a £100M+ loan are all worth it?

An extra 15,000 seats that we 'hope' will sell.  Let's say an extra £500,000 per home game.  Or £9.5M per Premier League season.

£9.5M wouldn't get you half of a Luis Suarez.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #41: Oct 08, 2011 01:20:20 am
      So what that report says is that in 2009 we had the 7th highest revenue of any football club.

When you put it like that, you really do have to consider whether the downsides of a new stadium - the naming rights, losing Anfield, and also taking out a £100M+ loan are all worth it?

An extra 15,000 seats that we 'hope' will sell.  Let's say an extra £500,000 per home game.  Or £9.5M per Premier League season.

What report?

But to me there is a massive downside to a new stadium. And really not worth it for the hassle it's gonna cause. Plus Anfield is home plain and simple. So surprisingly I don't wanna see us move and certainly not to something that isn't called Anfield.

Not sure if it's been answered or asked before or this could be me just being dim, but while the new stadium is being built where would we play our home games? Is the original Anfield gonna be left standing while the new one is built or is it being flattened before new work can actually begin?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #42: Oct 08, 2011 01:24:24 am

Sorry JD, but it doesn't work that way ... It is not only about the additional 15,000 seats ... It is about the improved corporate hospitality facilities, and the improved match-day hospitality facilities ... And if you want to know how, take a look at this ...

http://www.arsenal.com/tickets/matchday-hospitality

Even at 75% of Arsenal's ticket prices and corporate/match-day hospitality prices, we are not talking about an improvement of £9.5 million on annual level here ... We are talking about an improvement of £35-40 million on annual level ... Or, to use your terminology, that is an additional Sergio Aguero every season ...
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2011 01:54:10 am by Macedonian_Red »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,287 posts | 2805 
      Reply #43: Oct 08, 2011 01:41:34 am
      What report?

But to me there is a massive downside to a new stadium. And really not worth it for the hassle it's gonna cause. Plus Anfield is home plain and simple. So surprisingly I don't wanna see us move and certainly not to something that isn't called Anfield.

Not sure if it's been answered or asked before or this could be me just being dim, but while the new stadium is being built where would we play our home games? Is the original Anfield gonna be left standing while the new one is built or is it being flattened before new work can actually begin?

I would imagine like Arsenal did a few years back, we would continue to play at Anfield until the new one is built.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #44: Oct 08, 2011 11:16:50 am
      Regardless, i don't want our new stadium called Anfield or have the word Anfield in it.

Anfield is a one and only. It will never ever be forgotten from our history much like the Kop never will. If we move on, change the name.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #45: Oct 08, 2011 04:17:12 pm
      I would imagine like Arsenal did a few years back, we would continue to play at Anfield until the new one is built.

Would certainly hope so mate.

If we do end up moving (god forbid), it's gonna be a proper sad day when Anfield comes down. Can imagine thousands upon thousands trying to get a brick or some piece of history as a keeps sake. Know I'll be down there.

Quick Reply