Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Grand Theft Auto V

Read 39178 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Grand Theft Auto V
      Oct 25, 2011 11:10:56 pm
      http://www.rockstargames.com/

Nothing announced at all apart from that yet, but trailer in a week - figured all the GTA fans here could start chatting about it now!

What's everyone hoping for in the next installment?

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Grand Theft Auto V
      Reply #1: Oct 25, 2011 11:44:48 pm
      What's everyone hoping for in the next installment?

That it is nothing like GTA IV, as a massive fan of all previous GTA games on the other platforms, this was a massive disappointment, they took everything good about the others, got rid of it and replaced it with a boring story and very unlike-able characters, don't get me started on Roman, I could have murdered that arse if he asked for another lift somewhere xD
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2: Oct 25, 2011 11:59:57 pm
      Better story line & likable characters, scrap the dating mini-game.  And above all, it has too be fun, OTT & have loads of funny radio stations.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3: Oct 26, 2011 12:01:36 am
      And above all, it has too be fun, OTT & have loads of funny radio stations.
      I think Saints Row 3 sounds perfect for you :D
      The way a sandbox game should be!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4: Oct 26, 2011 12:02:44 am
      I think Saints Row 3 sounds perfect for you :D
      The way a sandbox game should be!

Only completed Saints Row 2 yesterday.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #5: Oct 26, 2011 03:47:19 am
      I'd like something along the lines of the businesses you could set up on Vice City or San Andreas.

Agreed regarding more likeable characters and better storyline. Didn't finish GTA IV as I lost interest.

The online multiplayer needs a shake up too. Got very samey once people figured out the easiest way to win each game.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #6: Oct 26, 2011 09:52:55 am
      I'd like to see them do more with the online side, such as being able to join gangs on a map and fight for control of districts.
      Also on the single player GTA IV, they boasted about the number of buildings you could enter but the majority were empty. Would be nice to bust into random apartments / shops / clubs and do them over when you're in a F**k-about mood.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #7: Oct 26, 2011 10:17:41 am
      Can't wait for it.

Loved all the GTA games. The game has always been great but I think one think they can improve is definitely the graphics. For a game being the top of the all time charts for PS3, it's graphics are prerry poor, to be honest.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #8: Oct 26, 2011 10:27:13 am
      I'd like to see them do more with the online side, such as being able to join gangs on a map and fight for control of districts.

Agreed.

I thought online was very poor in the last game.  Although admittedly, GTA was always about the single player. 

The game has always been great but I think one think they can improve is definitely the graphics.

It's a fine line between having great graphics and a sprawling map filled with characters and locations.  I'm sure the graphics could be much better, but then would you want the game reloading every 200 metres you drive along the road?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #9: Oct 26, 2011 10:44:33 am
      Hope it's based in Vice City.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #10: Oct 26, 2011 10:54:13 am

What? Norris Green!

Like the 1st installment best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_(video_game)

My put this on my Laptop. Anyone remember "Total Carnage"?

danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #11: Oct 26, 2011 10:56:33 am

Haha imagine it lad. Set in Liverpool.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #12: Oct 26, 2011 11:02:13 am
      They couldn't do it, nobody outside of Merseyside would know what the characters were saying!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #13: Oct 26, 2011 12:09:20 pm
      Apparently they are heading back to San Andreas, hopefully its true. But could also play as Niko again, which I hope is not true.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #14: Oct 26, 2011 02:40:30 pm
      I really don't care about the multiplayer, gaming's always been a solo hobby, I hate playing other people, even if they're in the same room, barring the exceptions of lightgun games & sports and even then it grates wiith me.  Good single player, tack on a multiplayer if you must.  Bah Humbug.
      Bier
      Reply #15: Oct 26, 2011 03:05:15 pm
      There's been some possibly leaked info here and there, mostly speculation probably but. The L.A. Noire face technology won't be used in GTA, it's too expensive. It's probably set in California/Los Angeles/Beverly Hills/Hollywood, in modern times. It might be something involving lawyers, bankers and actors. There could be multiple playable characters.

Personally I hope it will be set somewhere in the past. Vice City and San Andreas were the best. But there aren't many options left. GTA set in L.A. Noire's time would've been nice, but that's not going to happen obviously. And I think the 1920's, with the Mafia and prohibition, would make an excellent setting. But that too has been done a few times by other games. Maybe's the hippie era? That would be a funny setting, and good music. Weed would probably play a big role. ;D And I hope characters and their environment will be a bit more customizable. In GTA IV there just wasn't enough choice when it comes to clothes and stuff like that. But I'd prefer it to not be as ridiculous as Saints Row.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #16: Oct 26, 2011 03:44:20 pm
      Follow up from San Andreas please please please please please.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #17: Oct 26, 2011 08:41:25 pm
      I like the present day setting of GTA IV. Hopefully they keep that aspect.

I liked the freedom you got in San Andreas. The West Coast setting is also nice. The V in the teaser looks like it could symbolise Vegas. Also, the inside of the 'V' looks like an upside down spade (the card suit), which could also signify Vegas.
      Bier
      Reply #18: Oct 26, 2011 08:49:40 pm
      I think the V, the inside of it, the green, and the five through it, reminds me of American money more than anything,

If I was them I'd just put all sorts of random sh*t everywhere to F**k with us. :D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #19: Oct 26, 2011 09:17:38 pm
      I hope the keep the present day setting as well. And remove any online trophies hahaha!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #20: Oct 30, 2011 10:28:07 pm
      Reading up on this and the fact that Rockstar have worked extensively mapping 'real life' L.A. in previous games (Midnight Club and L.A. Noire, albeit 1940's Los Angeles) might be the biggest hint towards the first proper open world 'real life' setting, as opposed to an obvious parody of real life cities.

Looking forward to this regardless. No doubt they'll have listened to all qualms about IV and will have acted on it. They're one of the few developers who listen extensively to fan feedback.
      Bier
      Reply #21: Nov 02, 2011 03:54:18 pm
      Trailer available in 6 minutes!
      Bier
      Reply #22: Nov 02, 2011 04:04:05 pm
      Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

Wow, looks brilliant!
      « Last Edit: Nov 02, 2011 04:16:34 pm by Bier »

Quick Reply