Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

The what are you drinking thread

Read 128711 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: The what are you drinking thread
      Reply #529: Nov 29, 2014 10:43:14 pm
      ^^^Great stuff Si xx

I'm drinking this after a day at Anfield....hard fought win so I reckon I deserve this xxx  8)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #530: Nov 29, 2014 11:10:29 pm
      ^^^Great stuff Si xx

I'm drinking this after a day at Anfield....hard fought win so I reckon I deserve this xxx  8)

Love Leffe.

I'm on this tonight after yet another long day.

MsGerrard
      Reply #531: Nov 29, 2014 11:13:48 pm
      Enjoy hun xxx it is Saturday night after all  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #532: Nov 29, 2014 11:18:02 pm
      Enjoy hun xxx it is Saturday night after all  ;D

You too Cas. :ernaehrung004:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #533: Nov 30, 2014 12:00:07 am

Cheers....I'm off to bed now, been up early and I'm shattered from all that Kopite shouting ;D xxx Night hun xx
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #534: Dec 03, 2014 12:53:53 am
      For the past 3 months, I have found work at my local pub, as a barman.

Now, I have done this before, and I remembered why I fecking hate it.

I have looked online to see if any other bar people share my pet hates, and none do. And so, I will share my hates with you.

1. Piss taking. I am not here to take your insults, or your so called "wicked" wit, I am here to take your money. THAT'S IT. If you are a local, and I know you, then fine, ok, I can put up with you, and you can put up with my response. If you don't know me, then STFU.

2. Our strongest drink is a glass of water and my fist, I assure you one will knock you the F**k out, and one will liven you up.

3. Jagerbomb...REALLY?? do you kids not know of any other drink?

4. Don't tip because you feel sorry for us. Don't come to the bar with £2.50 for your drink and a quid for me, that's insulting. If I have given you a pleasant service, then buy me a drink, don't throw change at me as if im homeless.

5. You are not funny.

6. You are not clever either.

7. Just because you play football representing the pub, you are not the superstar, for a start, you play football for a place where people get pissed, including you you idiot.

8. You may well be a regular, but you don't have the right to be served before everyone else. Everyone pays in cash, and that pays my wages, newcomer or else, deal with it.

9. Bang that glass just once, I F***ing dare you !

10. Female bosses. Every pub I have worked in who has a female boss has a serious inferiority complex. They just constantly have the need to belittle the staff. My latest boss tried this with me, so I gave her a choice. Knock the F**k off, or im off ! needless to say, no.10 isn't so much a problem anymore.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #535: Dec 03, 2014 06:06:06 pm
      Can of Strongbow at the moment.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #536: Dec 03, 2014 07:20:31 pm

I have looked online to see if any other bar people share my pet hates, and none do. And so, I will share my hates with you.

1. Piss taking. I am not here to take your insults, or your so called "wicked" wit, I am here to take your money. THAT'S IT. If you are a local, and I know you, then fine, ok, I can put up with you, and you can put up with my response. If you don't know me, then STFU.

2. Our strongest drink is a glass of water and my fist, I assure you one will knock you the f**k out, and one will liven you up.

4. Don't tip because you feel sorry for us. Don't come to the bar with £2.50 for your drink and a quid for me, that's insulting. If I have given you a pleasant service, then buy me a drink, don't throw change at me as if im homeless.

5. You are not funny.

7. Just because you play football representing the pub, you are not the superstar, for a start, you play football for a place where people get pissed, including you you idiot.

8. You may well be a regular, but you don't have the right to be served before everyone else. Everyone pays in cash, and that pays my wages, newcomer or else, deal with it.

9. Bang that glass just once, I f**king dare you !

10. Female bosses. Every pub I have worked in who has a female boss has a serious inferiority complex. They just constantly have the need to belittle the staff. My latest boss tried this with me, so I gave her a choice. Knock the f**k off, or im off ! needless to say, no.10 isn't so much a problem anymore.

Ladies and gents, if Jack Dee worked behind a bar. ;D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #537: Dec 11, 2014 10:36:58 pm

2. Our strongest drink is a glass of water and my fist, I assure you one will knock you the f**k out, and one will liven you up.

5. You are not funny.

9. Bang that glass just once, I f**king dare you !

10. Female bosses. Every pub I have worked in who has a female boss has a serious inferiority complex. They just constantly have the need to belittle the staff. My latest boss tried this with me, so I gave her a choice. Knock the f**k off, or im off ! needless to say, no.10 isn't so much a problem anymore.

You really need to find another job..

Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #538: Dec 29, 2014 02:12:15 am
      You really need to find another job..

I really do. Over this Christmas period I realised just how much I hate this job.

It sucks. You have to work stupid days that everyone else has off, you don't get overtime, you don't get bonuses, you get the same sh*t as every other day of the year and to top it off. Shall I start another list?

1. Christmas promotions. 20p of this drink, 30p of that drink. Oh and to make life more pleasant for the bartender, they have these promotions on a separate button on the till. So considering the amount of customers over christmas, forget that one promotion in the orders and the tossers insist on having that 20p knocked off. Tills down on cash, staff get a shouting at for the tills being down, and all because of that a'hole who insisted on having that 20p discount.

2. Cocktails. F**k OFF. To celebrate christmas our brewery decided, yeah lets have cocktails. Fortunately for me though, my boss thought the same as I do, they can feck off! We are busy enough without having to mess about with several spirits and sh*t all mixed together to cause more fights amongst the customers as they get more and more pissed quicker and quicker. I swear to god, these idiots who are at these brewery's have never spent one night in a local.

3. Mobile Phones. Ask any bar person at christmas if the mobile phone is a great piece of technology. They will probably punch you. Phone rings, you look at who is calling, and your soul is literally sucked from you. Its your boss, you know whats coming. "HI, can you ruin your christmas so everyone else can enjoy theirs by working for me?"
      You can ignore the phone of course, but mobiles have this annoying "text" feature that goes with it.

4. Kids. Now don't get me wrong, I don't blame kids themselves, I naturally blame the parents. The kids are off school, its christmas, and I am pretty damned sure the kids have better places to be than in a pub watching their parents get pissed. And so we get moaned at as bar persons to tell the kids not to sit on the tables, not to run on furniture, not to run around the pub. Generally, parenting the kids while the actual parents don't give two fucks what their kids are doing as long as they get pissed.

5. Christmas songs. HATE THEM. HATE THEM ALL. Whenever someone walks in they always say, "hey, lets get festive, lets get some music on the go". They pop on Mariah Carey, The Pogues, Band Aid etc. I cannot express how much I LOATH these "songs". To customers, they are music, to me, they are rage enhancing, murder inducing piles of w*nk.

I will stop there.

I hate being a bar person. It sucks, but at this minute its this or dole, so at least I am contributing. I can relate to all other bar people because its simple, your life means nothing to everyone. You will get the odd customer who can relate to you, and understand the hardships of this job, however the majority don't. Its not rocket science in itself, you get a glass, pull a lever and there you go. Thats not the problem. The problem is become a bar person and lose your happiness, your dignity and your social life.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #539: Dec 29, 2014 03:50:50 am
      I really do. Over this Christmas period I realised just how much I hate this job.

It sucks. You have to work stupid days that everyone else has off, you don't get overtime, you don't get bonuses, you get the same sh*t as every other day of the year and to top it off. Shall I start another list?

1. Christmas promotions. 20p of this drink, 30p of that drink. Oh and to make life more pleasant for the bartender, they have these promotions on a separate button on the till. So considering the amount of customers over christmas, forget that one promotion in the orders and the tossers insist on having that 20p knocked off. Tills down on cash, staff get a shouting at for the tills being down, and all because of that a'hole who insisted on having that 20p discount.

2. Cocktails. F**k OFF. To celebrate christmas our brewery decided, yeah lets have cocktails. Fortunately for me though, my boss thought the same as I do, they can feck off! We are busy enough without having to mess about with several spirits and sh*t all mixed together to cause more fights amongst the customers as they get more and more pissed quicker and quicker. I swear to god, these idiots who are at these brewery's have never spent one night in a local.

3. Mobile Phones. Ask any bar person at christmas if the mobile phone is a great piece of technology. They will probably punch you. Phone rings, you look at who is calling, and your soul is literally sucked from you. Its your boss, you know whats coming. "HI, can you ruin your christmas so everyone else can enjoy theirs by working for me?"
      You can ignore the phone of course, but mobiles have this annoying "text" feature that goes with it.

4. Kids. Now don't get me wrong, I don't blame kids themselves, I naturally blame the parents. The kids are off school, its christmas, and I am pretty damned sure the kids have better places to be than in a pub watching their parents get pissed. And so we get moaned at as bar persons to tell the kids not to sit on the tables, not to run on furniture, not to run around the pub. Generally, parenting the kids while the actual parents don't give two fucks what their kids are doing as long as they get pissed.

5. Christmas songs. HATE THEM. HATE THEM ALL. Whenever someone walks in they always say, "hey, lets get festive, lets get some music on the go". They pop on Mariah Carey, The Pogues, Band Aid etc. I cannot express how much I LOATH these "songs". To customers, they are music, to me, they are rage enhancing, murder inducing piles of w*nk.

I will stop there.

I hate being a bar person. It sucks, but at this minute its this or dole, so at least I am contributing. I can relate to all other bar people because its simple, your life means nothing to everyone. You will get the odd customer who can relate to you, and understand the hardships of this job, however the majority don't. Its not rocket science in itself, you get a glass, pull a lever and there you go. Thats not the problem. The problem is become a bar person and lose your happiness, your dignity and your social life.

This is not complete without me knowing which pub it is or at least where. Even DM where if you don't want it up on  here.

Funny rant though.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #540: Dec 30, 2014 05:37:10 pm
      Don't know why as I have not had one for ages but just made myself a brandy sour.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #541: Dec 30, 2014 09:50:53 pm
      Mixed Fruits Koppaberg and it's going down a treat  :)

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #542: Dec 30, 2014 11:51:24 pm
      Just had a JD Honey with iced tea, poured one out as well.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #543: Dec 31, 2014 02:46:53 am
      Mixed Fruits Koppaberg and it's going down a treat  :)

Strawberry and Lime is much better.
      Mind you so is honey bushmills.
      hic.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #544: Dec 31, 2014 11:21:15 am
      Nothing......yet but I did just put 2 bottles of the black stuff into the casserole for the Scottish new year staple of steak pie.

Fierce thirst now like......at 11:21. Oh dear.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #545: Dec 31, 2014 12:47:55 pm
      Everything and anything tonight.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #546: Dec 31, 2014 06:07:34 pm
      Guinness with a shot of Tia Maria ....lush
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #547: Dec 31, 2014 06:22:23 pm
      Bacardi and coke for me but there won't be enough to last all night and into the morning so it'll be Tia Maria and coke followed by a Baileys or three later  ;)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #548: Dec 31, 2014 07:35:31 pm
      Ginger Ale with

a) Jack Daniels
      b) Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey
      c) Jack Daniels Apple Whisky Punch

Assorted real ales
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #549: Dec 31, 2014 07:48:59 pm
      Cardhu and ice.

For the old man.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #550: Dec 31, 2014 08:36:26 pm
      My Grandad was into his real ales when he was a few years younger, he stopped drinking at all in the last few years or so but I'm raising a couple to him tonight..

I've never really drunk them but they ain't bad.

Tangle Foot is the latest

Added to

Wychcraft and an old hooky earlier
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #551: Dec 31, 2014 08:56:38 pm
      A few Guinness before the main event.

Quick Reply