Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Marc Pelosi (Liverpool > San Jose Earthquakes)

Read 13078 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Marc Pelosi (Liverpool > San Jose Earthquakes)
      Nov 08, 2011 02:11:49 pm
      I don't know where to put this but he is a player for us, isn't he? :laugh:

Liverpool sign USA midfielder

Liverpool Football Club have confirmed the signing of Marc Pelosi from the DeAnza Force Club in California.

The midfielder was captain of the United States U17 team who participated in this year's FIFA World Cup tournament in Mexico.

Pelosi has featured 28 times for the U17s against other national sides, scoring eight goals.

Academy director Frank McParland said: "We're determined to identify the best possible talent globally and I'm delighted we've been able to to bring Marc in to the club."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/liverpool-sign-usa-midfielder

Welcome to the club, Marc. Hope you impress us here and eventually make the step up to the first team for a bright future at Anfield.

Feb. 25, 2011: U-17 MNT vs. JAM - Marc Pelosi Goal

Feb. 22, 2011: U-17 MNT vs. SLV - Marc Pelosi Goal
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2015 06:20:55 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Marc Pelosi Player Thread
      Reply #1: Nov 08, 2011 02:15:02 pm
      Was on the bench for the Ressies last night.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #2: Nov 08, 2011 03:01:48 pm
      Obviously want this cat to do well, glad to see Americans going overseas. I've been impressed more with other players on his US youth teams but he seems a smart player which is good for a youngster
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3: Nov 08, 2011 03:28:58 pm
      From what I've read over here, he's a bit like Coady. Not the flashiest, but moves the ball around and works hard. Can't wait to see him play more than the brief times I've seen him for the U-17s.
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #4: Nov 08, 2011 08:05:14 pm
      another great prospect at liverpool YNWA 8) the future is bright
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #5: Nov 25, 2011 03:50:25 pm
      Played a belter of a pass for the winner in the u-18s against United today. First time, picked out Quirk who played a clever ball through for Dunn who finished it off. Pelosi was probably the best player on the pitch today.
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #6: Nov 26, 2011 08:54:36 pm
      Actually looks like a good prospect :D
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #7: Nov 28, 2011 11:15:43 pm
      Also saw him play on Friday and agree with Billy.Superb skills and very confident.his future looks bright.

sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #8: Nov 29, 2011 06:07:53 pm
      Also saw him play on Friday and agree with Billy.Superb skills and very confident.his future looks bright.                                       
      Hopefully.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #9: Nov 29, 2011 06:57:46 pm
      Played a belter of a pass for the winner in the u-18s against United today. First time, picked out Quirk who played a clever ball through for Dunn who finished it off. Pelosi was probably the best player on the pitch today.

For just about the first time ever I watched some ressies football and this kids a good player. Hits it with both feet too which is rare.
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #10: Nov 30, 2011 09:21:26 pm
      For just about the first time ever I watched some ressies football and this kids a good player. Hits it with both feet too which is rare.
      Is it?? :o
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #11: Nov 30, 2011 09:52:37 pm
      Was mugged, according to his twitter.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #12: Nov 30, 2011 09:56:07 pm
      Where
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #13: Nov 30, 2011 10:44:57 pm
      He should always bring suarez round with him as protection but seriously where and when?
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: Nov 30, 2011 11:24:09 pm
      All he said was "at police station, just got mugged by two angry scousers on bikes! I'm ok though". Deleted from his twitter too by the looks of it.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #15: Dec 01, 2011 02:27:09 am
      Hope not.

Stuart Holden as a young American was mugged too in England
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #16: Dec 01, 2011 12:51:02 pm

It is yes. Were you trying to be funny or do you just not understand the game?
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #17: Dec 02, 2011 10:19:20 pm
      It is yes. Were you trying to be funny or do you just not understand the game?
      I think id better go for the 1st option before i get in trouble ;)
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #18: Dec 03, 2011 07:16:17 pm
      This boy looks good, watched him today for the under 18's had a great game
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: Feb 13, 2012 04:10:41 pm
      Has just said on his twitter that he tore his MCL in training yesterday. :(
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #20: Feb 13, 2012 05:03:25 pm
      Oh for fucks sake.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #21: Jul 12, 2012 03:54:49 am
      Found this, it's old, from 2/22/12. His knee is now recovered in July 2012.  8)
      Yanks Abroad: For Pelosi, Progress at Liverpool Takes a Knock in the Knee
      By BRIAN SCIARETTA

After signing with Liverpool last fall and enjoying strong performances within the club’s youth levels, Marc Pelosi is on the road to recovery after sustaining a knee injury last weekend(EDIT - THIS STORY WAS WRITTEN IN FEBRUARY).

Pelosi, 17, is widely regarded as one of the top teenage American prospects after he was the captain of the United States U-17 World Cup team last year. In November, Pelosi followed his fellow American prospect Villyan Bijev and signed with Liverpool and began playing with the club’s under-18 and reserve teams.

Last weekend, however, Pelosi’s rise with the Reds suffered a setback in training when his foot was planted during a scrimmage and a defender slid and hit his knee from the side. Pelosi’s knee buckled and at first a serious injury was suspected.

Scans would later reveal a Grade 2 sprain of the medial collateral ligament, which does not require surgery but will keep Pelosi out for two months. Despite the injury, Pelosi remains upbeat and thankful that the injury was not worse.

“It’s probably the worst injury of my career but it could have been worse,” he said in a telephone interview. “Obviously it’s horrible to get injured but that’s just part of football. There’s no player that never gets injured. I just look forward from here. Obviously I’m down but I just have to stay positive and work hard in therapy and in the gym to get stronger.”

Before the injury, however, the left-footed Pelosi had been playing well at both left back and in the midfield — two positions he says he likes equally. He was a regular in training with Liverpool’s reserve team but had also played with the U-18 team to get games before his work permit was secured. Next year he is expecting to be with the reserve team full-time.
      The American midfielder Marc Pelosi at Anfield after recently signing with Liverpool of England's Premier League.Deanzaforce.orgTh e American midfielder Marc Pelosi at Anfield after recently signing with Liverpool of England’s Premier League.

While he is off to a strong start at Liverpool, the decision to sign with the five-time European champions as a teenager was not an easy one. As one of the top young American players, he had options ranging from college to Major League Soccer to a wide range of European clubs.

A club like Liverpool also presented the challenge of having a world-class first team that is difficult to break into for young players. In the end, however, Liverpool was able to sign Pelosi in large part because of its storied history and its willingness to sign him without a trial.

“I was going to go to U.C.L.A.,” Pelosi said. “I had offers from M.L.S and a few other teams in Europe. It was a tough decision but with Liverpool being one of the top teams in the world with an incredible history, I heard a lot of good things about their youth teams so I thought it’d be a good place to develop.

“Obviously their first team is really good and everyone wants to break through to that level. I’m going to try my best for that but it’s always good to start at a team at the top because there is always somewhere else to go after that.”

Once Pelosi recovers from his injury, Liverpool will not be the only team happy to have him back. He is also expected to be a big part of the United States U-20 team as it moves toward next year’s World Cup in Turkey.

Pelosi was invited by U-20 Coach Tab Ramos for the first camp of 2012 last month but Liverpool did not want to release him because he was still adjusting to the club.

“The next step for me is probably the U-20s with Tab Ramos as the new coach,” Pelosi said. “I’ve met him once before. I think he’s going to be a really good coach. Hopefully in the summer I’ll be with them for a camp soon.“

Pelosi was born in Germany in 1994 but moved to California when he was 3 years old. He also is a distant relative of the former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, though he has never met her.

Growing up, Pelosi returned to Germany every summer to visit family. While he has an affinity for both countries, he acknowledged that he feels more American and is proud to play for the United States.

Before he moved overseas, Pelosi developed his game primarily at U.S. Soccer’s Bradenton Academy, where he played with many of the other top American players his age. While the program is in the process of undergoing changes, Pelosi has fond memories of the program and his former U-17 coach, Wilmer Cabrera.

“I really miss Bradenton now that I look back on it,” he said. “I saw that as a really good opportunity to grow as a player. If I had just stayed home in California, I would have just trained three or four times a week. At Bradenton I got to train with some of the best players in the U.S. and trained six times a week. That really helped with my development along with living with top soccer players.”

If all goes according to plan with his recovery, Pelosi should be back on the field in April. He will then try to continue his goal of breaking through at Liverpool. The first year has seen its ups and downs, but Pelosi said he was confident that the decision to move to Liverpool has been worth it, and that it will allow him to realize his potential.

“It’s hard in the beginning being on a new team,” he said. “I’ve never been on a new team like this because for my whole life I’ve always been part of U.S. youth teams with the same people. Now I come to Liverpool and everyone is new. But once I got used to it, I thought I was doing well. I was getting better as a player — my passes were quicker. You just learn a lot quicker here and become a better a player.”

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/22/yanks-abroad-for-pelosi-progress-at-liverpool-takes-a-knock-in-the-knee/
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #22: Jul 12, 2012 03:57:56 am
      Found this on ESPN. You need to pay to read the rest of the article.  >:( I hate that site.
      Two decades after California teenager Jovan Kirovski became the first American to sign with Manchester United, it's still big news whenever a promising U.S. product lands with one of Europe's iconic clubs.

Marc Pelosi became the latest member of this still-exclusive group last November when he inked a pro deal with English Premier League giant Liverpool.

Pelosi, who turned 18 in June, left his home just outside San Jose last week and headed back to England, where he's participating in his first preseason training camp with the Reds.

"I really like it over there," Pelosi, now fully recovered from a knee injury that sidelined him for the last three months of the 2011-12 season, told us hours before heading to the airport. "I adjusted well, and the fans are crazy -- they're so into the game."

http://insider.espn.go.com/sports/soccer/blog?name=us_national_soccer&id=8156622&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fsports%2fsoccer%2fblog%3fname%3dus_national_soccer%26id%3d8156622

Quick Reply