Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Skyrim

Read 40535 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Skyrim
      Reply #115: Jun 25, 2012 05:06:26 am
      The first expansion looks interesting. I'm a bit limited here at work because any sites to do with gaming are blocked but here are some details from Wikipedia:

Bethesda released a trailer for Dawnguard on June 1, 2012, revealing that the add-on would focus around the return of an ancient Vampire named Harkon. Harkon wishes to use the powers of the Elder Scrolls to blot out the Sun, allowing Vampires to overwhelm Tamriel.

Players will be given the choice of joining forces with the Vampires, or alternatively, an order of Vampire hunters known as the Dawnguard. Depending on the player character's choice, they will be granted access to two home bases, Castle Volkihar and Fort Dawnguard, respectively. New armors, perks and weapons, including a crossbow for the Dawnguard, will also be introduced. Additionally, in the case of the Vampires, a transformation into a "Vampire Lord" demon will be made available, working in a similar way to the existing Werewolf transformation. The Vampire Lord will have a new skill tree to level up, as well as a separate skill tree being implemented for Werewolves, with both levelling up individually from the regular skill trees.

New locations will be featured in Dawnguard, including the player character journeying through a rift into Oblivion. A new character will also be introduced in Riften's Ratways, allowing players to change the facial appearance of their character at will.

"Legendary" Dragons will also be present in Dawnguard, and can be slain by the player character. New Dragon Shouts will also be included, exclusive to Dawnguard.

Video (with an irritating uber-nerd doing the interview). This explains it better:

E3 2012 - Skyrim: Dawnguard Stage Interview & Walkthrough

Sounds quality, but I'll have to finish the main game first! :roll:

Been plugging away at this bad boy, currently around 70 hours gameplay in, still got the civil war, Dark Brotherhood and Main quests to finish, nearly completed the Thieves Guild. Also completed all but one of the Daedric quests.

Does make you wonder where all those hours go! Obviously spent a few hours levelling certain skills, but still! Have to admit though, at times I stopped doing quests and just randomly adventured, the game is so interesting you can just wander around and always find something cool to do.

Level 49 now, deffo going to get all the achievements in this game, just seems right after doing it for Oblivion!

Best game ever, IMO.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #116: Jun 25, 2012 05:20:52 am
      Haha, yeah, it's ridiculously time consuming. It's just so easy to get sidetracked on even the simplest of quests.
      I'm still only level 32 thought I must admit, I'd taken a lengthy break from the game and only picked it up again last week.
      I wanted the ahievement for 'Restoring the Thieves Guild to it's former glory'. What a sh*t one that is!! I'm assuming that's the one you're on now. I got so sick of going out, doing a couple of crappy little missions like stealing one item or changing a ledger then having to go back to the Ragged Flaggon. Even fast travelling, that's a ball-ache  >:( Got there in the end though.
      I loved doing the Civil War quests, they're epic. I've taken Solitude and Whiterun (and associated forts) but then it ended. I'm assuming there's a way of starting up more Civil War quests, I'll have to read up now I've got the Thieves Guild achievement out of the way.
      It'll take me forever to get all achievements, I'm on 640 now. Most of the ones left are things like getting a skill to 100, reaching level 50, getting 100,000 gold, things that take time. Doing well for me though, my record for ANY game is 665  :laugh:
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #117: Jun 25, 2012 05:34:38 am
      Haha, yeah, it's ridiculously time consuming. It's just so easy to get sidetracked on even the simplest of quests.
      I'm still only level 32 thought I must admit, I'd taken a lengthy break from the game and only picked it up again last week.
      I wanted the ahievement for 'Restoring the Thieves Guild to it's former glory'. What a sh*t one that is!! I'm assuming that's the one you're on now. I got so sick of going out, doing a couple of crappy little missions like stealing one item or changing a ledger then having to go back to the Ragged Flaggon. Even fast travelling, that's a ball-ache  >:( Got there in the end though.
      I loved doing the Civil War quests, they're epic. I've taken Solitude and Whiterun (and associated forts) but then it ended. I'm assuming there's a way of starting up more Civil War quests, I'll have to read up now I've got the Thieves Guild achievement out of the way.
      It'll take me forever to get all achievements, I'm on 640 now. Most of the ones left are things like getting a skill to 100, reaching level 50, getting 100,000 gold, things that take time. Doing well for me though, my record for ANY game is 665  :laugh:

The last achievement for the Thieve's Guild does sound a pain, though I've read a couple of tips on how to get it done a bit quicker, so hopefully I won't get too bored. Does seem a bit "cheap" though, not a proper quest at all.

I've got quite a few skills to 100 now, hardest was probably Smithing. My brother in law said he only needed to make 540 iron daggers to do this, but I must have made like 1000, 1500! I'll have to check, didn't understand at all, and I had the standing stone activated to learn skills faster!

One way is to run around casting the Silence spell on yourself continually, you can do it all the time, you get there in the end!

I did also get the 100,000 gold achievement, just kept enchanting all my loot and selling it on.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #118: Jun 25, 2012 08:18:28 pm
      The first expansion looks interesting.

Just had a quick search, Dawnguard will cost 1600 MSP, will have to see about that.

Out tomorrow (26 June), and will add a further 250G to achieve.

It does sound interesting, apparently there will be two additional skill "trees" to level up, for vampire or werewolf characters!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #119: Jun 25, 2012 10:49:07 pm
      The last achievement for the Thieve's Guild does sound a pain, though I've read a couple of tips on how to get it done a bit quicker, so hopefully I won't get too bored. Does seem a bit "cheap" though, not a proper quest at all.

I read up on it too. It said you should ask Delvin for one of those forgery jobs, whatever they're called then go straight to Vex and ask her for a burglery or heist job, saving in between to ensure that you don't get assigned tasks for holds that you've already completed. Go do the two jobs and return. It is quicker that way but I still found it quite tedious having to walk back into the Ratways each time when the actual tasks were so simple. Also, because I've done so many other quests beforehand, I didn't have any problem with, for example, getting into the Jarl's palace in Dragonreach, I just wandered in.

I've got quite a few skills to 100 now, hardest was probably Smithing. My brother in law said he only needed to make 540 iron daggers to do this, but I must have made like 1000, 1500! I'll have to check, didn't understand at all, and I had the standing stone activated to learn skills faster!

Haven't done much smithing at all really. Again, when you've picked up so many powerful weapons from quests, it seems pointless smithing other than to increase your skill (though I should do).

One way is to run around casting the Silence spell on yourself continually, you can do it all the time, you get there in the end!

I haven't got that spell  :-\
      I think my Destruction is up in the mid 80s now.

I did also get the 100,000 gold achievement, just kept enchanting all my loot and selling it on.

Hmm, something else I don't do a lot of, enchanting or selling stuff. I bet I've got about 50,000 worth of crap stashed away in chests at my homes in Winterhold and Windhelm and the college of Winterhold. Can't be arsed to carry it to the shops  :laugh:

It does sound interesting, apparently there will be two additional skill "trees" to level up, for vampire or werewolf characters

That's right and from what I gather, you can level up all the way by drinking blood (vampire) or eating hearts (werewolf) instead of having to use different skills to achieve different perks. From what I've read though, I think the vast majority of people will turn to the dark side! The perks just seem so much cooler.

I didn't get on Skyrim today but I'm definitely on it tomorrow.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #120: Jun 25, 2012 10:58:32 pm
      Have to admit that when i first heard the title name i pictured Buck Rogers licking some bird's rosebud!.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #121: Jun 25, 2012 11:09:00 pm
      Have to admit that when i first heard the title name i pictured Buck Rogers licking some bird's rosebud!.

Haha, yeah. It's a running joke in my house that if one of us asks what the other is doing and we're playing Skyrim, the answer is usually along the lines of, "oh, just a bit of rimming".
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #122: Jun 26, 2012 05:05:27 am
      Haven't done much smithing at all really. Again, when you've picked up so many powerful weapons from quests, it seems pointless smithing other than to increase your skill (though I should do).

Hmm, something else I don't do a lot of, enchanting or selling stuff. I bet I've got about 50,000 worth of crap stashed away in chests at my homes in Winterhold and Windhelm and the college of Winterhold. Can't be arsed to carry it to the shops  :laugh:

I used the smithing and enchanting for the perks and to be able to create very powerful armour and weapons, though I suppose it's debatable whether the time that took me was worth the extra armour/hit points! :D

In the end, though, I've got a set of legendary light dragon amour which gives me the maximum protection the game allows (armour exceeding a total of 567 points is basically dick measuring between geeks! ;)).

Enchanting was worth getting to 100 just to be able to double enchant every piece of armor and weapon!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #123: Jun 26, 2012 05:20:09 am
      Seems I've got some work to do then. I'd still like to get my Destruction to 100 though, just to be badass  ;D

Off-topic, why are you always on here so early in the morning?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #124: Jun 26, 2012 05:22:10 am
      Seems I've got some work to do then. I'd still like to get my Destruction to 100 though, just to be badass  ;D

Off-topic, why are you always on here so early in the morning?

Think my destruction is at 35 or something awful like that! :D

Off-topic, I'm going to work in 10-20 minutes. I work 7-12, 1345-1730. And Saturday mornings usually. :roll:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #125: Jun 26, 2012 05:24:35 am
      I work 7-12, 1345-1730. And Saturday mornings usually

Ouch. No sure about the siesta in the middle, makes for a long day.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #126: Jun 26, 2012 02:22:52 pm
      For you guys that like 'rimming'. ;D

Official guide on accessing the Dawnguard expansion in Skyrim

Bethesda explains how to get to the 20 hours of new content.

So, you've paid 1,600 MS Points for the Dawnguard expansion, but you can't figure out how to access the new content. The good news is that Bethesda has explained the steps you'll need to take to begin playing.

"Once Dawnguard is installed (along with the 1.6 title update), players that are level 10 or higher will hear rumours about the Dawnguard from guards in major cities," explained a Skyrim forum post. They may also be approached by a courier who will give them a note about the Dawnguard.

"Otherwise, if your character is below level 10 or you wish to find the Dawnguard on your own, you can seek out the Dawnguard headquarters roughly east/southeast of Riften. It can be reached by a small cave through the mountains."

There's also a video here: http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/skyrim_dawnguard/news/official_guide_on_accessing_the_dawnguard_expansion_in_skyrim.html
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #127: Jun 28, 2012 06:03:22 pm
      Did a bit of rimming again last night/this morning and grabbed a couple of achievements. Got my Sneak skill up to 100 and picked enough pockets to get the Thief achievement (50 locks / 50 pockets). Could do with getting into Civil War quests again to boost my Destruction on some Imperial bas**rds!  ;D

So, anyone playing Dawnguard yet?
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #128: Jul 03, 2012 05:07:52 pm
      Did a bit of rimming again last night/this morning and grabbed a couple of achievements. Got my Sneak skill up to 100 and picked enough pockets to get the Thief achievement (50 locks / 50 pockets). Could do with getting into Civil War quests again to boost my Destruction on some Imperial bas**rds!  ;D

So, anyone playing Dawnguard yet?

Nope. Read some reviews and it seems whilst people agree that some of the new content, like turning into a 'Vampire Lord' is pretty sweet, the overall impression is that it's not worth the money as it's not truly an expansion pack and it's all been done before. There's also apparently a lack of open-ness about the add-on, with two fairly limited sides of the 'story' to play on (Dawnguard or Vampire).

So I'm not going to bother until a GOTY version is released at the end of the year, probably with more content as well.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #129: Jul 03, 2012 05:10:36 pm
      Fair enough. A mate of mine has had it for a few days now so I'll ask him what he thinks of it next time we catch up.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #130: Jul 03, 2012 05:33:19 pm
      I imagine I'll be getting the DLC sooner or later, so I'll give my opinion on it as well, for what it's worth! ;)

Found this for Rep as well, reckon he's been there! :D

And a couple of other decent memes I found, even if I couldn't find the one I was looking for! :D

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #131: Jul 03, 2012 06:58:30 pm
      Haha, thanks. I have thought that about the fresh cabbages before!

Going to post the first one to Facebook, see if the missus takes the bait   >:D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #132: Jul 03, 2012 07:05:52 pm
      Going to post the first one to Facebook, see if the missus takes the bait   >:D

The original one I wanted to put, but couldn't find, said something like:

"Girlfriend wants to have sex, but don't want to cheat on Aela", with a photo of a dorky looking guy, it made me laugh! :D

EDIT: If you answer, could you quote me, so then I can help test the Mentions/quotations function, which is very cool! ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #133: Jul 03, 2012 08:03:37 pm
      The original one I wanted to put, but couldn't find, said something like:

"Girlfriend wants to have sex, but don't want to cheat on Aela", with a photo of a dorky looking guy, it made me laugh! :D

EDIT: If you answer, could you quote me, so then I can help test the Mentions/quotations function, which is very cool! ;)

That might be going too far, I'm married to Aela and the real life missus wasn't impressed when I had an Aela wallpaper on my PC!

She took the other joke well, replying, "Haha!!! xxx"
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #134: Jul 03, 2012 08:09:46 pm
      I had an Aela wallpaper on my PC!

:lmao:

She took the other joke well, replying, "Haha!!! xxx"

Glad she liked it!
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #135: Jul 03, 2012 08:23:34 pm
      Selfish bas**rds.

Aela rejected my proposal in marriage. Now you have two, share the love. I'm going to have to kill Aela, which will get very messy.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #136: Jul 03, 2012 09:50:27 pm
      Selfish bas**rds.

Aela rejected my proposal in marriage. Now you have two, share the love. I'm going to have to kill Aela, which will get very messy.

There's a fit bird knocking about Markarth if you can find her. Not sure what her name is but she tends to hang around me when I'm there, probably part of a side quest or something. I couldn't do that to Aela though, she's very understanding when I F**k off for days on end with my follower, Janessa and only come home to stash stolen goods and collect my share of the store takings. Can't imagine there are many huntresses willing to settle down so quickly.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #137: Jul 03, 2012 10:38:03 pm
      There's a fit bird knocking about Markarth if you can find her. Not sure what her name is but she tends to hang around me when I'm there, probably part of a side quest or something. I couldn't do that to Aela though, she's very understanding when I F**k off for days on end with my follower, Janessa and only come home to stash stolen goods and collect my share of the store takings. Can't imagine there are many huntresses willing to settle down so quickly.

I'm desperate enough to go check out Markarth :laugh:, for pussy i'll never actually have :). The only issue is that i have a 45,000 bounty on my head at Markarth, and it is hard to escape from the jail there. It is quite difficult escaping from Cidhna Mine.

I've done the quest with that jail though.

Maybe, Aela is just glad you're gone for a few days so you don't violently beat her :D.

Quick Reply