Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Skyrim

Read 40517 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Skyrim
      Reply #138: Jul 04, 2012 07:04:31 pm
      Maybe, Aela is just glad you're gone for a few days so you don't violently beat her

I never beat her, I just hang around waiting for her to walk up the stairs so I can look up her skirt.

I wish there was a way to take a screenshot for you (xbox). I walked into the home I share with Aela the other day and a random male character was standing just inside the door! He walked out as I walked in.
      Brought back so many real life memories.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #139: Jul 04, 2012 07:27:18 pm
      I never beat her, I just hang around waiting for her to walk up the stairs so I can look up her skirt.

I wish there was a way to take a screenshot for you (xbox). I walked into the home I share with Aela the other day and a random male character was standing just inside the door! He walked out as I walked in.
      Brought back so many real life memories.

:D

Was suspicious the other day, couldn't find her downstairs, and in fact she was upstairs, sat "chatting" with another random bird in the bedroom. Both stopped talking when I entered the room, which is funny, because they usually never stop talking when you arrive!

Bit of lesbo action with Aela? Sounds good, just wish Skyrim would let you watch! :D

Anyway, finished the civil war questline, just got Dark Brotherhood and the Main quest to do, as well as one or two other achievements.

Find the same drawback as Oblivion, unfortunately. When you get to a certain point in the game, the combats are so easy, and you no longer need to even collect money or loot, that the game rushes to an end, sadly. Bit of a let down, shame they couldn't level the enemies to take into account you'll be a level 50 at some point. :(
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #140: Jul 04, 2012 08:05:07 pm
      Was suspicious the other day, couldn't find her downstairs, and in fact she was upstairs, sat "chatting" with another random bird in the bedroom. Both stopped talking when I entered the room, which is funny, because they usually never stop talking when you arrive!

Bit of lesbo action with Aela? Sounds good, just wish Skyrim would let you watch!

Next time, before you walk in, slip on your best sneaking boots and down a bottle of invisibility potion. Hopefully they'll be well into it by the time you become visible, stood over the bed.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #141: Jul 05, 2012 06:02:58 am
      Oh How I miss this game :-\

I'm spending all my time on that sucker of a game called BF3 :laugh: :f_steam:
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #142: Jul 08, 2012 02:14:13 pm
      Next time, before you walk in, slip on your best sneaking boots and down a bottle of invisibility potion. Hopefully they'll be well into it by the time you become visible, stood over the bed.

Vigorous movements make the effect of invisibility wear off, just sayin' ;)
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1462 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #143: Aug 02, 2012 08:48:07 pm
      Decided to install this again now that there is a bit of a dry patch in game releases. I rushed through it first time only doing the main quest. Will spend some time exploring a bit more... and trying the DLC.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #144: Aug 04, 2012 12:34:23 pm
      OK, finally fully completed this, with 1000G for the main game and 250G for the DLC.

I found Dawnguard really good, the new quests are interesting and quite diverse, and playing as a vampire was fun!

There were two achievements that I thought would be tedious, completing the skill trees for the werewolf and vampire abilities, but I was wrong!

To gain your perks and finish the trees, you basically need to go on bloody rampages, with the vampires feeding on humans (and animals, though less fun! :D), and the werewolves also needing initially human hearts to advance the skills, though later on you can also feed from animals.

The quests are reasonably long, with a few puzzles mixed in, so all in all the DLC is worth a go if you're tempted IMO.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #145: Aug 18, 2012 11:47:03 am
      Been playing Dawnguard for a few days now, struggled to get into it at first, probably because it is so long since I played Skyrim. Enjoying it now though. The soul cairn is huge (big as Blackreach) but much more interesting.

I decided not to become a vampire on this playthrough, and had quite a few problems with the game glitching when I fought anyone, as the game kept making me a vampire. Had to go back to a previous save a few times to solve the problem. Apparently it is a well known glitch, so save regularly early on if you decide not to take the vampire route.

Serena is a great companion, who doesn't seem to have any of the problems that earlier companions had. She keeps up, can hold her own in a fight and is fit as f**k(if you like red eyes :) )

Good storyline, keeps your interest and even though it was a little expensive well worth buying imo.

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #146: Aug 18, 2012 12:19:37 pm
      Serena is a great companion, who doesn't seem to have any of the problems that earlier companions had. She keeps up, can hold her own in a fight and is fit as f**k(if you like red eyes :) )

Good storyline, keeps your interest and even though it was a little expensive well worth buying imo.

Agree, especially these bits.

It probably was a bit pricey, but worth it if you enjoyed the game.

Also, I wasn't one to play with companions in the game, and it annoyed me when certain quests forced you to, but the Serena character didn't get in the way as much and you don't really have to worry about her as she's tough.

Didn't have any glitches myself in the DLC, though I had one or two in the main game, so it must have been "ironed" quite well! ;)
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #147: Aug 24, 2012 07:09:47 am
      Would be a decent game if there was something remotely hard about the game.  No skill required to play it, bit like Diablo III softcore in that sense - it doesn't matter how bad at gaming you are, you will finish the game by graveyard zerging/rushing towards your objective.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #148: Sep 05, 2012 04:27:52 pm
      New add-on available now, Hearthfire.

I got it because it was 400 points and I had 500 points sat in my account. It's a bit gay really, doesn't add a lot to the game, haha.
      Essentially it gives you the ability to build your own house instead of making do with the ones you can buy. Admittedly the house is huge so probably looks pretty impressive when it's fully kitted out but you only have a certain number of designs to choose from.
      You have one small house design so build and then have the option of building a grand hall attached to it. Then the other options come into play, you can add a cellar and convert the original small house into an entrance way, which means the huge hall basically becomes your new house. Then you have a choice of 3 wings that you can add. Options include kitchen, bedroom, armoury, library enchanting tower, alchamy lab, trophy room and storage (I might have forgotten others). Externally you have a smelter, stables, smithing stuff, garden, beehive (forgot the proper name) and possibly other stuff that I haven't unlocked yet.
      How it works is that you buy a (pre-designated) plot of land where you find a drafting table, chest, carpenters bench and anvil. The chest provies a few raw materials to get you started. You use the drafting table to 'design' the first part (foundations) but this basically means selcting "foundations" from the list of... one. Go to the carpenters bench and it will tell you which materials are required. You then need to source the materials and often craft them using the anvil. One of the first things you'll build is a smelter so you can refine mined ore into ingots which can then be used in construction. Stone and clay deposits are right next to your house so they can be mined indefinitely. As you build sections of the house, they autromatically appear on it.
      It's ok but it's kind of a watered-down minecraft where you have very little freedom over what you build. It's also a bit of a bore constantly looking for iron.
      The other... erm... bonus is that once your house is built, you can adopt up to two children  :roll:

JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #149: Sep 05, 2012 06:26:53 pm
      Pretty cool Rep.  Where is the location?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #150: Sep 05, 2012 06:35:47 pm
      Pretty cool Rep.  Where is the location?

I forget what it's called but it's north of Falkreath. Check out this video, it actually looks pretty cool when you've filled the rooms:

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Hearthfire - Official Trailer

edit:
      Lakeview Manor, that's it:

JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #151: Sep 05, 2012 09:00:26 pm
      Awesome Rep.  Thanks.  I haven't played Skyrim in about a month or so.  I'll check that out tonight.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #152: Sep 06, 2012 04:08:41 pm
      Well I got my house built and added some bedroom furniture before adopting 2 kids. Note, unless you make a bed, a dresser and adopt at least one kid, there is no way to make your current wife move into the new house with you!
      Now Aela is living with me, so far all she's done is bitched about having to defend the house from wolves, bears and giant spiders and saying she doesn't know why I dragged her there in the first place.
      You're a F***ing huntress, deal with it!!

I'm supposed to be able to hire a steward to sort out the rest of the furnishings for me but I haven't worked that one out yet. It says you can ask your follower to do it but that option is not showing up in any dialogue. I had a quick Google and it says some followers won't do it. Just hoping I can have a wife, follower and steward at the same time because I can't be arsed to source or build everything myself and there's no way I'm ditching my fit arsed missus or hard as nails follower.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #153: Sep 06, 2012 04:21:08 pm
      What is this game about? Can I get it for PC?

I'm getting interested after seeing this topic on the top so often :D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #154: Sep 06, 2012 04:48:25 pm

Yeah, you can get it for pc. Being as you like everything geeky, you'll probably like it  :laugh:

In terms of what it's about, you're probably better Googling that than asking us because there's a lot to explain! I'll have a go though:

The main storyline (quest line) starts with you being a prisoner about to be beheaded who escapes from the chopping block due to a dragon attack on that village and leads to you (ironically) becoming the ultimate dragon slayer, Dragonborn. I wouldn't want to give too much away because there are some nice twists along the way but the unltimate aim is to kill Alduin the World Eater, essentially the lord of all dragons.

The main questline is only one part of a huge game though and it's set in a ridiculously vast world. Unlike, for example GTA IV where it looked great but there were only certain places you could actually enter, in this game you can go anywhere. It's huge!
      There's also something of a civil war going on between the Stormcloaks and Imperials (think olde worlde Star Wars) so you'll have to choose a side along the way.
      You'll also have to join various guilds, such as the Thieves Guild, The Companions and the mysterious assassins of the Dark Brotherhood. Each guild provided you with numerous side quests which lead to you restoring them to their former glory and/or becoming leader of that guild.

As you can step in or out of any of these quests or side missions whenever you like and do them in pretty much any order, you're free to explore the land and delve into caves, mines and dungeons which are ALWAYS filled with creatures wanting to kill you but all generally have some rewards within them such as gold, gems, weapons or precious artifacts. You may find though that access to some areas is restricted until you start a particular quest.

On top of all this, you are free to decide what sort of character you want to be, for example you could be a Mage, concentrating on primarily spells and magic or you can be a Warrior, kitting yourself out with badass armour and weapons.

You can pick up a follower along the way who will help you out in battles and you can pass them anything you find, either to lighten your load or to help them to help you. For example, I am a Mage but my follower is excellent at archery so I pass her any upgraded bows and arrows that I find because she'll be more useful in combat then.
      You can also find a wife (or husband) and get a dog and a house, even without the expansion I've just been talking about.

I could go on but there is just so much to this game it's insane...
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1462 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #155: Sep 06, 2012 07:19:07 pm

How do you not know what Skyrim is?!  :o

My grandad knows what Skyrim is xD
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #156: Sep 06, 2012 07:25:27 pm
      How do you not know what Skyrim is?!

:laugh: That was my first thought, actually.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #157: Sep 06, 2012 08:18:53 pm
      Yeah, you can get it for pc. Being as you like everything geeky, you'll probably like it  :laugh:

In terms of what it's about, you're probably better Googling that than asking us because there's a lot to explain! I'll have a go though:

The main storyline (quest line) starts with you being a prisoner about to be beheaded who escapes from the chopping block due to a dragon attack on that village and leads to you (ironically) becoming the ultimate dragon slayer, Dragonborn. I wouldn't want to give too much away because there are some nice twists along the way but the unltimate aim is to kill Alduin the World Eater, essentially the lord of all dragons.

The main questline is only one part of a huge game though and it's set in a ridiculously vast world. Unlike, for example GTA IV where it looked great but there were only certain places you could actually enter, in this game you can go anywhere. It's huge!
      There's also something of a civil war going on between the Stormcloaks and Imperials (think olde worlde Star Wars) so you'll have to choose a side along the way.
      You'll also have to join various guilds, such as the Thieves Guild, The Companions and the mysterious assassins of the Dark Brotherhood. Each guild provided you with numerous side quests which lead to you restoring them to their former glory and/or becoming leader of that guild.

As you can step in or out of any of these quests or side missions whenever you like and do them in pretty much any order, you're free to explore the land and delve into caves, mines and dungeons which are ALWAYS filled with creatures wanting to kill you but all generally have some rewards within them such as gold, gems, weapons or precious artifacts. You may find though that access to some areas is restricted until you start a particular quest.

On top of all this, you are free to decide what sort of character you want to be, for example you could be a Mage, concentrating on primarily spells and magic or you can be a Warrior, kitting yourself out with badass armour and weapons.

You can pick up a follower along the way who will help you out in battles and you can pass them anything you find, either to lighten your load or to help them to help you. For example, I am a Mage but my follower is excellent at archery so I pass her any upgraded bows and arrows that I find because she'll be more useful in combat then.
      You can also find a wife (or husband) and get a dog and a house, even without the expansion I've just been talking about.

I could go on but there is just so much to this game it's insane...

Thanks a lot!
      It's funny, even though I do like 'geeky' things, I've never been much of an online RPG player. I did play it once in a while and got addicted to some games in the past but never even played the most famous ones, such as Second Life and World of Warcraft.

I really don't need any new addictions :D but I'll certainly go after Skyrim, it sounds like a great game, and currently I'm not playing any games (a bit disappointed with the last FM, which was my main addiction).

How do you not know what Skyrim is?!  :o

My grandad knows what Skyrim is xD

I was aware of the game, I have some friends who play it, just never actually saw it or knew what it was about :D
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #158: Dec 10, 2012 07:58:44 pm
      Bought Skyrim for the xbox about a month ago, played up to the part were you flee the 1st town getting abused by the dragon. Thought it was absolute crap, but i decided to give it another go an i've been hooked. Probably one of the best games i've ever played (even if i have to sign out so my friends can't see what i'm playing). If you like the Fall out series you will love this, just don't give up after 30 minutes like i did - it gets a lot better.

Without knowing any of the storyline i chose the imperial race, if i could pick again i'd probably go Orc, Wood elve or Argonian/Khajiit - Orc for their brute force, Bosmer for archery and Argonian/Khajiit for stealth skills.

Hardly touched the main quests (level 21) and have decided to balance skills, as i like to often change styles between bow, magicka and sword/axe/hammer. As people are complaining about the game being too easy after they have upgraded a select few to 100, i think balancing talents is good way to play.

Can anybody tell me what i can do with the star of azula? I have the fixed star in my inventory, but unsure hw to use it.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #159: Dec 10, 2012 07:59:58 pm
      Also, the new expansion pack is out. Anyone got this?
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #160: Dec 11, 2012 10:07:27 pm
      Just downloaded Dragonborn the new add-on. You get new shouts and supposedly have to battle the 1st dragonborn. Also got the 1st add-on and the build a house one. Is anyone still playing this?

Quick Reply