Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Skyrim

Read 40354 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Re: Skyrim
      Reply #23: Dec 10, 2011 09:48:01 am
      « Last Edit: Dec 10, 2011 10:06:37 am by Arab Scouse »
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #24: Dec 10, 2011 10:23:59 am
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #25: Dec 15, 2011 12:09:21 am
      >>>------knee---->
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #26: Dec 15, 2011 10:47:21 am
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #27: Dec 29, 2011 11:05:56 am
      I am a dragonslayer :).

About to go up 7,000 steps - could be kick off by the time I reach the top.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #28: Dec 29, 2011 11:48:12 am
      Went on for a quick game yesterday and something odd happened. I'd been down to talk to that dude who resides in the Midden beneath the college of Winterhold then walked through some tunnels, past a relic that's like a black hand and then out through an icy tunnel labelled as Skyrim. On the other side I found myself on a snow-covered ledge, hundreds of feet up with no way down and no way of climbing back up to the tunnel, I was completely stranded. Can't imagine they accidentally put that exit into the game so I don't get why they did it. Luckily as it was in open air, I was able to 'fast travel' away from there.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #29: Dec 29, 2011 12:42:19 pm
      So this is the game responsible for that irritating meme.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #30: Dec 29, 2011 02:40:45 pm
      Went on for a quick game yesterday and something odd happened. I'd been down to talk to that dude who resides in the Midden beneath the college of Winterhold then walked through some tunnels, past a relic that's like a black hand and then out through an icy tunnel labelled as Skyrim. On the other side I found myself on a snow-covered ledge, hundreds of feet up with no way down and no way of climbing back up to the tunnel, I was completely stranded. Can't imagine they accidentally put that exit into the game so I don't get why they did it. Luckily as it was in open air, I was able to 'fast travel' away from there.

If you have the Ethereal shout you could have just made yourself spirit-y and hurled yourself off the edge :)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #31: Dec 29, 2011 03:04:29 pm
      True, didn't think of that. I needed to get back to Winterhold anyway so in the end, fast travelling was probably easiest. Just seems a bit daft.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #32: Dec 29, 2011 09:15:43 pm
      Just got this yesterday. Only played an hour on it before I had to leave my dads, but I was hooked tbh. I hated Oblivion, but this is a whole lot better. Loved it so far. Hopefully it doesn't plummet into shiteness.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #33: Jan 02, 2012 12:23:09 pm
      I'm subscribed to this fruitcake on YouTube. Just the way he talks makes me laugh!

Skyrim - Army of Children "Viking Commentary"
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #34: Jan 02, 2012 08:07:33 pm
      8 hours in now. Still so much stuff to do! Hard to stop playing this. If I was in my flat and not at my mums, I'd be on it full time.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #35: Jan 03, 2012 06:45:49 am
      currently at level 27, finished the Stormcloack campaign, all of the companion ones now doing the Dark Brother hood and the main campaign too.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #36: Jan 04, 2012 05:49:03 pm
      I'm only level 18. Think I need to build my levels up before progressing much further with the main quests, it's getting quite difficult. I've just battled Alduin (the main dragon who is resurrecting the others) and it must have taken me about half an hour to drain his health bar. I was grounding him with a Shout, summoning Fire and Storm Atronachs and had a Dark Elf with me who was twatting him with a two-handed sword of scorching while I was hitting him with duel-wielded flames, still took ages. I'm very close to being able to increase my Distruction powers quite a bit so maybe I need to do some menial quests to build myself up a bit first.
      One tip I would give anyone though is if you choose to be a Mage like me (using more magic than weapons), take care of whichever sidekick you choose and give them decent weapons and armour, they can be pretty useful, not just for carrying your sh*t around. When it comes to Falmers, Skeletons, Draugr, Dwarven spiders etc, I can just leave my bi*ch to kick their arses. She's solid now, haha.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #37: Jan 07, 2012 04:31:49 pm
      I'm only level 18. Think I need to build my levels up before progressing much further with the main quests, it's getting quite difficult. I've just battled Alduin (the main dragon who is resurrecting the others) and it must have taken me about half an hour to drain his health bar. I was grounding him with a Shout, summoning Fire and Storm Atronachs and had a Dark Elf with me who was twatting him with a two-handed sword of scorching while I was hitting him with duel-wielded flames, still took ages. I'm very close to being able to increase my Distruction powers quite a bit so maybe I need to do some menial quests to build myself up a bit first.
      One tip I would give anyone though is if you choose to be a Mage like me (using more magic than weapons), take care of whichever sidekick you choose and give them decent weapons and armour, they can be pretty useful, not just for carrying your sh*t around. When it comes to Falmers, Skeletons, Draugr, Dwarven spiders etc, I can just leave my bi*ch to kick their arses. She's solid now, haha.

You are waaaaay ahead of me in the main quest dude, I'm at level 33 and I haven't even fought Alduin yet ;D! The Dark Brother Hood quests are pretty intense! I need to finish that and the thieves guild before I go into the main quest
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #38: Jan 07, 2012 09:36:48 pm
      I'm only level 12, almost 13. Have only 14 hours gameplay logged. Think I'm going to do more side missions than the main quests for now as well, build my character up a bit.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #39: Jan 10, 2012 10:16:29 am
      How awesome is this game? the smithing feature is pretty neat!!! I'm on 77 skill, need 13 more and I'll build a custom Daedric Armor!
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #40: Feb 02, 2012 08:24:57 am
      Finally got the game at fairly decent price. I know im late. Hope it turns out as good as people are claiming it to be.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #41: Feb 02, 2012 08:53:27 am
      It's awesome, mate. I've completed the main quest, much to the amazement of my house mate. Not because it's a big achievement in itself but because I did it while my character was only on level 19. Most people build their character up with side quests so they can defeat the big hard bas**rds in the main quest but I just did it with shear persistance, haha. Who cares if it takes half an hour of chipping away to kill a dragon? He's still dead!
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      Reply #42: Feb 03, 2012 10:10:13 pm
      Just completed the main quest today. The end was a bit anti-climatic. Was only level 26 and found it far too easy to finish Alduin.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #43: Feb 07, 2012 10:29:53 pm
      I'm on level 43 now, haven't finished the main quest yet, done the mage guild, companion, the dark brotherhood and all of Stormcloack quests. I'm looking to finish the Thieves guild now before I move on to the main quest.

Built and enchanted my Daedric armor, which was pretty neat!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #44: Feb 08, 2012 07:27:56 am
      Just completed the main quest today. The end was a bit anti-climatic. Was only level 26 and found it far too easy to finish Alduin.

I was surprised by that as well. I've had more trouble with other dragons and thought Alduin was going to be solid.
      The hardest dragon I came across was one that drains your stamina with frost then lands and walks across the ground to pick you up in it's mouth. Took me a few attempts to get past that tw*t.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #45: Feb 09, 2012 01:11:48 pm
      Anyone who is interested, and that should be everyone on PC, the Creation Kit was launched on Tuesday, along with a High Res Texture Pack. The pack is available through Steam, along with the CK. Exciting modding possibilities opening up.

Quick Reply