Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Skyrim

Read 40558 times
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Re: Skyrim
      Reply #46: Feb 10, 2012 05:30:49 pm
      I'm on level 43 now, haven't finished the main quest yet, done the mage guild, companion, the dark brotherhood and all of Stormcloack quests. I'm looking to finish the Thieves guild now before I move on to the main quest.

Built and enchanted my Daedric armor, which was pretty neat!

The end fight with Alduin will be a piece of piss for you, I finished it with ease at 26.

I was surprised by that as well. I've had more trouble with other dragons and thought Alduin was going to be solid.
      The hardest dragon I came across was one that drains your stamina with frost then lands and walks across the ground to pick you up in it's mouth. Took me a few attempts to get past that tw*t.

Yeh I felt that as well. I think the one I had most difficulty with was the blood dragons, they always caused me problems.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #47: Feb 12, 2012 03:58:00 am
      I'm on level 43 now, haven't finished the main quest yet, done the mage guild, companion, the dark brotherhood and all of Stormcloack quests. I'm looking to finish the Thieves guild now before I move on to the main quest.

Built and enchanted my Daedric armor, which was pretty neat!
      Just bought this game because of you damnit.  :P
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #48: Feb 13, 2012 05:56:25 pm
      The end fight with Alduin will be a piece of piss for you, I finished it with ease at 26.

Might start a new one, but I'll put the difficulty level to extreme this time and use only magic!

Quote from: JC16
      Just bought this game because of you damnit. 

;D, still reading through the 650 page guide book? :P
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #49: Feb 13, 2012 05:58:47 pm
      Might start a new one, but I'll put the difficulty level to extreme this time and use only magic!

I only use magic and finished the main quest on just level 19. Assuming I'm on normal difficulty, don't remember changing any settings anyway.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #50: Feb 13, 2012 06:10:44 pm
      You can change the difficulty through the settings when you start the game, I think normally you start on Adequate.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #51: Feb 13, 2012 06:14:54 pm
      You can change the difficulty through the settings when you start the game, I think normally you start on Adequate.

Yes you can.

I've just finished the entire game, I'm on level 66, playing on extreme difficulty. Finished every quest, side quest, Daedric quest and have explored 73 caves, out of 75.

I'm an Orc so I use heavy weapons and two handed weapons.

I'm thinking about starting a new game now, with a more sneaking and magic strategy implemented.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #52: Feb 13, 2012 06:18:01 pm
      Its easy when you play with swords, I think its more challenging to play with sneak and magic
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #53: Feb 13, 2012 06:31:03 pm
      Depends what weapons you use: I don't use the strongest weapons possible, it just kills the game.

I'm about to try some sneaking and magic so I'll report back on what style of playing I find easier.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #54: Feb 13, 2012 06:31:31 pm
      Its easy when you play with swords, I think its more challenging to play with sneak and magic

It's certainly easier early on to use weapons but I think magic comes into it's own later on.

One friend of mine completely ignored the main quest until he was about level 45 and instead concentrating on things like pickpocketing, sneaking, smithing etc. He got his pickpocketing to level 100 and apparently, he can take people's clothes when they're walking along without them noticing  :D
      He's become a Vampire as well, didn't know you could do that (you have the choice to drink blood at some point and he chose yes).
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #55: Feb 13, 2012 07:57:10 pm
      You can become a vampire if another vampire infects you with it, that's what I heard anyways. I became a werewolf so I can't be a vampire :D

Yeh I realized that having a mace and an axe the game becomes to easy ;D, my one handed skill is a 100 and I can kill a dragon with 2 hits :lmao:

I'm working on sneaking and bow now, might try the pickpocketing too
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #56: Feb 13, 2012 08:00:29 pm
      Been trying a more sneaky and magical approach for a few hours on a new game and I think it could be slightly easier.

Using magic and sneaking lets you keep a good distance away from the enemy, which leads to them not being able to strike damage upon my character, unless they're a Mage which the majority aren't. Although, the armor isn't as strong, in terms of damage you can take, but you can use magic to regenerate your health, which is a little too easy for my liking.

I hate becoming a vampire, you can't do anything whatsoever when you get to level 4 vampire. You can't walk into any city without being attacked; getting the cure can be tricky work.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #57: Feb 13, 2012 08:12:53 pm
      ...but you can use magic to regenerate your health, which is a little too easy for my liking.

This is true. Right from the start I chose to upgrade my Magicka rather than Health or Stamina. I also collected masks, robes, rings and amulets that allowed Magicka to regenerate faster. That way even though I use magic in battle, I can still afford to switch the a healing spell and spend some Magicka on restoring my health.
      The one downside I find with magic is that you need to keep a bit of distance between you and the enemy. If you're in a tight space and somebody is swinging at you, they can do a lot of damage. Those who use a sword and shield and armour, for example can block the assault and strike back much easier.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #58: Feb 13, 2012 11:04:39 pm
      mate, use lydia as your tank and you just cast spells DOTA style (a mod on warcraft) ;D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #59: Feb 14, 2012 01:28:32 am
      mate, use lydia as your tank and you just cast spells DOTA style (a mod on warcraft) ;D
      Never played Warcraft but if you mean make your bi*ch hard as nails so she does all the dirty work then I'm way ahead of you, haha. Her name is Janessa and she's a kick ass Dark Elf!
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #60: Feb 14, 2012 02:05:30 pm
      ;D, still reading through the 650 page guide book? :P

I'm using it sparingly.  Mostly just for the maps.  It's awesome. :P
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #61: Feb 14, 2012 04:29:11 pm
      It's a huge game and it's quite easy to miss things that you should have picked up but still, I never bother with guide books.  I think one of the best things about Skyrim is how you can accidentally stumble across so many things and places.

Should finish work around 11 tonight and, unlike last night, I'm on my own. Might have to have another blast on Skyrim after talking about it so much  ;D
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #62: Feb 15, 2012 12:03:09 am
      came back home and said to myself I'll play half an hour to an hour of Skyrim, here I am been playing it for the past 4 hours :lmao:
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #63: Feb 15, 2012 12:20:06 am
      I haven't touched Skyrim today.

Might have a couple hours on it right now :).

I must say, Skyrim is the best game I've ever played. It is brilliant. The quests, the side-quests and everything in between is just brilliantly layed out under an awesome storyline. Would recommended to anyone. So many ways to play it too: magic, warrior, thief - just love the game !!!

I haven't got the guide book but I sometimes randomly visit Skyrim wiki, yes, they've devoted a whole side just for Skyrim. Thousands of pages committed to every single thing related to Skyrim.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Skyrim
      Bier
      Reply #64: Feb 15, 2012 07:11:39 am
      It's a great game. One minor downside for me is that it's not really a sandbox game. It is an open world, but all the quests and the main quest are linear. It's not that you do things, and those things change the world you're in. You can be a level 1,  or a badass level 80, people will still treat you the same and offer you the same shitty job. So I guess that's my only real negative, it would be nice if the world would develop just like the character does, and in a non linear way.  Things don't really evolve. Hoping they'll change that in their next game. I still really enjoyed it though, hard not to.

People that are into these types of games, might also enjoy Dark Souls. Allbeit a tougher and darker game, more hardcore than Skyrim. But I'm loving it right now.

GameSpot Reviews - Dark Souls (PS3, Xbox 360)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #65: Feb 15, 2012 10:13:31 am
      A bit tougher? Dark Souls is solid! Haha. My house mate has it so I had a go and found it to be ridiculously hard. If you get past a load of enemies then save you're game, they all reappear.
      That wasn't my main gripe though, nothing wrong with a game being challenging. I didn't like the in-game menu at all, the animations aren't great and the whole thing has a homemade feel to it, nowhere near as slick as Skyrim.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #66: Feb 15, 2012 11:55:58 am
      Awright started this game a week back.Currently Im on Lvl 6. Just Killed the First Dragon and absorbed his soul.I wont play the Main story for few days, I am currently in college of winterhold and complete the sarthan. The game is epic. When im on my way to the destination. I recently saw mammoth. Thought I have a go at him :D. Fooker killed me in 5 seconds. Same with the two giants. Has anyone Killed them? Im confused right now whether to play the main story or to complete the side missions.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #67: Feb 15, 2012 12:02:37 pm
      I was warned very early on that mammoths and giants were solid so I never bothered attacking them. Might have to have a go now I'm a bit harder.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #68: Feb 15, 2012 12:06:42 pm
      I was warned very early on that mammoths and giants were solid so I never bothered attacking them. Might have to have a go now I'm a bit harder.
      I was warned too Mate but attacking them was too hard to resist. Though I constantly save the game before have a go at them.

Quick Reply