Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The TV Series Discussion Thread

Read 314586 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Re: The TV Series Discussion Thread
      Reply #1127: Nov 02, 2014 12:17:03 am
      So that's boardwalk empire all done, gutted. Really enjoyed the last season, just wished it was a couple of episodes longer. Not sure what. To make of the ending yet, need to mull it over. Not completely sure I buy it but liked the way everything tied together in the end.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1128: Nov 15, 2014 06:11:01 pm
      I'm becoming addicted to The Thick of It. It's one of the most hilarious tv shows I've ever watched.

Also, Hannibal's 2nd season is pretty good. As Jon said, it will hardly blow you away, but I think it keeps getting better and very aptly keeps you interested on watch's coming next. Very good TV no doubt.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1129: Nov 22, 2014 05:11:35 pm
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #1130: Nov 23, 2014 12:34:34 pm
      Does anyone fancy homeland here?

Think the series is quite good.Season 4 is getting better with every episode.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1131: Nov 23, 2014 01:09:08 pm

I loved seasons 1 and 2 (especially season 1), but the way season 2 ended, I kinda lost interest, thought it was becoming too much, I don't know.
      But then I decided to give season 3 a try this week and it's actually quite good as well. Started watching season 4 this morning (episode 1 only) but as you say, I keep hearing it gets much better.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1132: Nov 23, 2014 02:38:32 pm

Season 4 is building nicely.

Newsroom as started well and the 3rd episode was very good.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1133: Nov 24, 2014 10:53:26 pm

i loved the first 2 seasons, the third was a nice surprise, i havent started watching the 4th, but will in the coming days

i also finished boardwalk empire, was gutted that it finished like this, i was hoping that they would make another season before i got the news this would be the final one because they had a ton of material to show
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1134: Nov 25, 2014 12:00:15 am
      HOLY F**k. I just watched all episodes that have been out of Homeland's 4th season, including last night's episode (season 4, episode 9) and all I can say is that: HOLY F**k! I need a new episode, NOW!
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #1135: Nov 26, 2014 06:48:10 pm
      Been watching
      The Flash (too juvenile for my taste, but they could be on to something)

Gotham (actually think its pretty good, i like the half dark esthetic, and the hundreds of easter eggs around)

The Walking Dead (Still dont know where the series is heading to, but the show keeps you interested somehow)

Forever (Highlander meets Bones kinda stuff, has good potential if they dont F**k up)

Finally got to watch all of How I Met Your Mother episodes. Absolutely LOVED the show. Incredibly smart humor, but that ending...damn what where they thinking)

The Blacklist (Fantastic show, keeps getting better, James Spader was born for this role)

Madam Secretary (Meh, expecting more, maybe i set the bar too high comparing to Commander in Chief)

Thats what ive been following last couple months

Cant wait for Game of Thrones to resume. Damn, its good
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #1136: Nov 29, 2014 06:34:51 pm
      HOLY F**k. I just watched all episodes that have been out of Homeland's 4th season, including last night's episode (season 4, episode 9) and all I can say is that: HOLY F**k! I need a new episode, NOW!
      Seriously that last episode was godlike.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1137: Dec 07, 2014 06:34:10 am
      Seriously that last episode was godlike.

Thought Homeland went a bit sh*t, maybe it turned around then.

Has anyone been watching the 100? It starts off a bit like a dodgy like a sci fi channel thing but it becomes addictive. At least to me.
      Boardwalk Empire: pissed me off; the ending and short run in the final series. It was great but had too much filler as a show. Well done to Stephen Graham, he played that part so well.
      Watching the final season of Deadwood now, good for the comic characters if anything, the whole show.
      I look out for any mining shows like Gold Rush, Bering sea gold, prospectors etc
      At the mo I'm watching American horror Story, the 100 and Gold rush as ongoing things that are happening now.
      I downloaded Continuum but haven't got around to it, watched 5 episodes so far and I like it.
      Gotham: I love it but haven't got around to watching the second half of the season, it's better than the movies which is surprising.

Oh btw if I could recommend something to watch, I'd say The Returned or Les Revenants, it's in French, but it's quite spellbinding I do guarantee.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #1138: Dec 07, 2014 07:20:49 am
      House of Cards done, waiting for series 3.
      Game of Thrones done, waiting for series 5.
      The Walking Dead has gone sh*t and aimless.
      Still working my way through Banshee series 2.
      Enjoying Gomorrah.
      Watched the Penny Dreadful pilot and like dit but want to catch up with Banshee before getting too into it.

Right now, it's all about Sons of Anarchy!

Anybody else fully up-to-date and waiting for the final episode? I sat there stunned, watching the penultimate episode, Red Rose.
      Some key characters done away with. I actually felt quite emotional after all this time of watching them and it suddenly all started to feel very final.
      « Last Edit: Dec 07, 2014 07:36:08 am by Reprobate »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1139: Dec 11, 2014 10:48:49 pm
      Still working my way through Banshee series 2.

What about it mate? Any good? Thought it looked interesting but haven't watched anything yet.

Right now, it's all about Sons of Anarchy!

Also haven't seen anything of Sons of Anarchy. I know I'm missing on something very good here so I'll probably start watching soon.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #1140: Dec 12, 2014 02:20:11 am
      What about it mate? Any good? Thought it looked interesting but haven't watched anything yet.

Also haven't seen anything of Sons of Anarchy. I know I'm missing on something very good here so I'll probably start watching soon.

Banshee's good as in entertaining but it's the TV equivalent of an action flick. The concept itself is an interesting idea but fairly implausible.
      In every episode there's guaranteed to be at least one fight or violent scene and one over-the-top sex scene.
      There's some likeable characters. Without spoiling anything, a couple of secondary characters become something of a comedy duo as they profess to dislike each other and regularly trade insults but there's clearly an underlying, mutual respect between them.
      In short, it's definitely worth a watch and I always look forward to seeing what will happen in the next episode but don't go into it expecting acting or writing on a par with Breaking Bad or True Detective, for example.

Sons of Anarchy is brilliant in phases but I found it a bit tiresome at times when it comes down to relentless violence and playing one faction off against the other. However, it's really worth sticking with to see how characters develop, along with the relationships between them.
      Again, it can be violent for the sake of it at times and the constant, "I love you, brother" lines between club members can be nauseating after a while but the writing is phenomenal and it's difficult to resist squeezing in one more episode before bed!
      It's also similar to Game of Thrones in that you feel no character is safe and they could be killed off at any time.
      I'll miss it now it's finished but I'm happy with the way it ended and think there was a danger of dragging it out too long.

Hope that helps. Of the two, I'd definitely start chipping away at SoA first and see how you get on with it.

Bier
      Reply #1141: Dec 12, 2014 01:31:10 pm
      Been watching The Fall, The Missing and The Newsroom. All pretty good, but like most I guess I'm very much looking forward to the upcoming seasons of House of Cards and Game of Thrones.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1142: Dec 12, 2014 03:29:13 pm
      Banshee's good as in entertaining but it's the TV equivalent of an action flick. The concept itself is an interesting idea but fairly implausible.
      In every episode there's guaranteed to be at least one fight or violent scene and one over-the-top sex scene.
      There's some likeable characters. Without spoiling anything, a couple of secondary characters become something of a comedy duo as they profess to dislike each other and regularly trade insults but there's clearly an underlying, mutual respect between them.
      In short, it's definitely worth a watch and I always look forward to seeing what will happen in the next episode but don't go into it expecting acting or writing on a par with Breaking Bad or True Detective, for example.

Sons of Anarchy is brilliant in phases but I found it a bit tiresome at times when it comes down to relentless violence and playing one faction off against the other. However, it's really worth sticking with to see how characters develop, along with the relationships between them.
      Again, it can be violent for the sake of it at times and the constant, "I love you, brother" lines between club members can be nauseating after a while but the writing is phenomenal and it's difficult to resist squeezing in one more episode before bed!
      It's also similar to Game of Thrones in that you feel no character is safe and they could be killed off at any time.
      I'll miss it now it's finished but I'm happy with the way it ended and think there was a danger of dragging it out too long.

Hope that helps. Of the two, I'd definitely start chipping away at SoA first and see how you get on with it.

Thanks mate. I was unsure about Banshee because the reviews I read weren't very positive and your opinion seem to go along the same line.

As for Sons of Anarchy, irrespective of its flaws, it's a series I'm definitely giving a chance to, probably very soon. 
      Bier
      Reply #1143: Dec 13, 2014 01:47:30 pm
      The new expensive Netflix series Marco Polo has been released. I read it's supposed to be their Game of Thrones. I haven't seen it yet, but just from the trailer, it actually doesn't appeal to me.

Marco Polo | official trailer (2014) Netflix
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1144: Dec 13, 2014 05:57:55 pm
      I've finally got around to starting Game of Thrones. A season in and I'm well hooked.

Seems like I'm hard to buy for at Christmas (apparently) so I think I'll suggest a bit of a box set.  Juggling with Suits and House of Cards as lots are raving about them.

Has anybody here seen both?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #1145: Dec 13, 2014 06:19:58 pm
      Juggling with Suits and House of Cards as lots are raving about them.

Suits is good but I started losing interest as it went on.
      House of Cards was the opposite. Keep with it, pay attention and you should be gripped. I was late getting around to it even though so many told me how good it was but now I can't wait for series 3 in February, it's one of the best shows going and I can't recommend it enough.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1146: Dec 13, 2014 06:26:10 pm
      I've finally got around to starting Game of Thrones. A season in and I'm well hooked.

Seems like I'm hard to buy for at Christmas (apparently) so I think I'll suggest a bit of a box set.  Juggling with Suits and House of Cards as lots are raving about them.

House of Cards is amazing. I was reluctant to watch it as at first the premise didn't seem to interest me much, but right after watching the pilot episode I knew it was going to be great - and it is. Highly recommended.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1147: Dec 13, 2014 07:29:04 pm
      House of Cards is amazing. I was reluctant to watch it as at first the premise didn't seem to interest me much, but right after watching the pilot episode I knew it was going to be great - and it is. Highly recommended.

House of Cards then. Cheers boys.

Edit: she can get me both ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #1148: Jan 04, 2015 05:48:10 pm
      Anybody watching Rectify?
      It's an American drama and I've just finished season one, watching it on Netflix US.

It's about a man (Daniel) who is released from prison after spending 19 years on death row after being convicted of murdering and raping a 16 year old girl.
      Although there is no proof that he didn't do it, new evidence means that the original conviction was flawed so a big part of the show revolves around the way that different people react to his release, some are convinced he's guilty, some think he's innocent and others have doubts. In fact, it's pretty much left up to the viewer to decide whether they think he's innocent because it isn't stated.
      Another big facet of it is Daniel trying to adapt to life outside of prison where he has spent almost all of his time in one, small cell and although we've all seen similar tales bout people trying to get back to normal life, the writers have done an amzing job of really bringing home the psychological and even physical challenges. Just as an example, he is now short-sighted because he hasn't had to look much further than his cell walls for almost two decades so his eye muscles haven't be exercised.
      Very slow paced but absolutely gripping, I never once got bored or got distracted.

8.4 / 10 on IMDB and I'd say that's about right, maybe even a 9:
      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2183404/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
      Bier
      Reply #1149: Jan 04, 2015 06:01:04 pm
      Yeah, seen both seasons made so far Reprobate. It's from Sundance TV, so it's a bit indie and different, but I really liked it. Looking forward to the 3rd season for sure.

Quick Reply