Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The TV Series Discussion Thread

Read 309430 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: The TV Series Discussion Thread
      Reply #1150: Jan 04, 2015 06:57:47 pm
      Yeah, seen both seasons made so far Reprobate. It's from Sundance TV, so it's a bit indie and different, but I really liked it. Looking forward to the 3rd season for sure.

I'll try to get started on season 2 this week.
      In fact, I'll get off the toilet now and go see if I've got time to watch the first episode before work.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1151: Jan 04, 2015 07:04:21 pm
      I know I'm late to the party, just finished season 2 of The IT Crowd, brilliant.  Plus possibly some of the best DVD menus ever.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #1152: Jan 04, 2015 10:50:59 pm
      To each and every one of you who recommended House Of Cards... damn you, there goes my life for the next few weeks! I'm well and truly hooked!
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #1153: Jan 22, 2015 11:42:37 am
      New season of Justified started this week. I won't spoil it but, it's goodbye to one of my favourite characters in this episode.

I think Suits also resumes next week too!
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1154: Jan 22, 2015 11:44:57 am
      New season of Justified started this week. I won't spoil it but, it's goodbye to one of my favourite characters in this episode.
      John Bradley spoiled it for me on Twitter :(
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1155: Jan 26, 2015 02:12:52 pm
      Began watching How I Met Your Mother with... what, 10 years delay? It's pretty good though, and replaced Friends as my before-I-go-to-sleep TV series, as I've reached a point in which I know all the lines in every single Friends episode.

HIMYM is quite similar to Friends in many ways, it's good for its purpose of light-hearted fun.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #1156: Jan 26, 2015 08:19:26 pm
      Began watching How I Met Your Mother with... what, 10 years delay? It's pretty good though, and replaced Friends as my before-I-go-to-sleep TV series, as I've reached a point in which I know all the lines in every single Friends episode.

HIMYM is quite similar to Friends in many ways, it's good for its purpose of light-hearted fun.

I'll give you 3 seasons before you tire of it and lose interest. It's incredibly tedious to watch now with all of this "bro code" bollocks.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1157: Feb 06, 2015 11:29:17 am
      I'll give you 3 seasons before you tire of it and lose interest. It's incredibly tedious to watch now with all of this "bro code" bollocks.

I can totally see that happening (me losing interest), but as an easy watching series before I sleep, I've quite enjoyed it... not being overly demanding, I just want some light fun. But it does seem very repetitive so I wonder how on Earth it got to 9 odd seasons?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1158: Feb 10, 2015 12:18:29 am
      Just finished Ashes to Ashes for the 2nd time.  Along with Life On Mars, it's certainly something I'll watch again and such a cracking ending. D.I. Keats is an excellent counterpart for Gene.  Superb.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1159: Feb 10, 2015 02:22:24 pm

Friends on the other hand never gets old. Don't think there will ever be a better sitcom than Friends.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1160: Feb 10, 2015 02:28:03 pm
      Watched the first two episodes of Better Call Saul, first episode wasn't great as it was pretty much an intro. Second episode was very good, looking forward to the next.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1161: Feb 23, 2015 09:27:45 pm
      Finished the first series of Spartacus, absolutely awesome, got the 3 prequel series to get through now.

Have also been watching Suits, really enjoy it, but I do wonder how long they can go on with it for, I don't think there's too much more left to occur in it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1162: Feb 23, 2015 11:02:26 pm
      Watched the first two episodes of Better Call Saul, first episode wasn't great as it was pretty much an intro. Second episode was very good, looking forward to the next.

I really didn't enjoy the third one at all.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #1163: Feb 24, 2015 01:21:07 am
      Finished the first series of Spartacus, absolutely awesome, got the 3 prequel series to get through now.

Have also been watching Suits, really enjoy it, but I do wonder how long they can go on with it for, I don't think there's too much more left to occur in it.

Was thinking pretty much the same thing. How long can the viewer go on accepting Mike as being a total jinx and liability? It's always going to be the same result and concept and I suspect it won't be too long now before viewing figures drop and the show is put on the shelf.

Harvey and Louis are the ones carrying the show for me right now.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1164: Feb 24, 2015 01:29:43 am
      Finally finished Battlestar Galactica, those last two seasons were a slog to get through.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1165: Feb 24, 2015 08:30:32 am
      I really didn't enjoy the third one at all.

I thought it was ok.. have the feeling stuff will kick off in the next two to three episodes.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1166: Feb 24, 2015 10:11:14 am
      To each and every one of you who recommended House Of Cards... damn you, there goes my life for the next few weeks! I'm well and truly hooked!
      Good to hear :D

It's the start of a new season in a few days I think. I can't wait.

I've really enjoyed Suits from start to finish and I agree with you on this. Would be disappointing to see a series I like get ditched but now that Louis knows about Mike it's taken the edge away from it. It seems to me that they might create a story line whereby somebody starts to attack the firm just to bring back a bit of controversy.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1167: Feb 27, 2015 09:34:14 am
      House of Cards Season 3 is up on Netflix! :)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1168: Feb 27, 2015 09:42:59 am
      Well I'm years behind everyone, but I just finished watching the Wire series 1-5 in about three weeks. I thought it was the best TV drama I've ever seen, utterly incredible. I liked Broadchurch too, obviously not as good but good nontheless.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1169: Feb 27, 2015 10:27:40 am
      House of Cards Season 3 is up on Netflix! :)

I'll wait until I can stream them all from tomorrow. Probably a binge watch on Sunday for me.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1170: Feb 27, 2015 11:58:27 am
      Well I'm years behind everyone, but I just finished watching the Wire series 1-5 in about three weeks. I thought it was the best TV drama I've ever seen, utterly incredible. I liked Broadchurch too, obviously not as good but good nontheless.

Have to agree mate about The Wire, it's been a few years since I watched it but it's one of the best series I've ever watched.

Broadchurch? That second series did my nut it was so poorly written.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1171: Feb 27, 2015 03:59:59 pm
      1. Game of Thrones
      2. Suits
      3. House of Cards
      4. American Horror Story
      5. True Detective

In that order.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1172: Feb 27, 2015 10:17:29 pm
      Well I'm years behind everyone, but I just finished watching the Wire series 1-5 in about three weeks. I thought it was the best TV drama I've ever seen, utterly incredible. I liked Broadchurch too, obviously not as good but good nonetheless.

I only completed The Wire recently, it is a great series.  Have you ever watched The Shield?  For me, it's every bit as good as The Wire.

Quick Reply