Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The TV Series Discussion Thread

Read 314323 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: The TV Series Discussion Thread
      Reply #1196: Mar 21, 2015 02:55:12 pm
      Like Breaking Bad, it starts off slow.

A lot of backstory stuff, and building the characters.

But yes, well worth a watch. Just keep in mind BB and how slow it seemed, but that this was actually building the characters and the plots and sub plots.
      It might be one of those shows where it's better to wait for the box set, or watch a load of episodes on netflix.

Thanks.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1197: Apr 08, 2015 05:13:28 pm
      Has anyone seen Better Call Saul?

If so, is it worth a watch?

I love Breaking bad. Better call Saul, on episode 10 btw, is my most looked forward to show, it's different but as stylish as BB.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,238 posts | 4924 
      Reply #1198: Apr 08, 2015 05:18:04 pm
      I love Breaking bad. Better call Saul, on episode 10 btw, is my most looked forward to show, it's different but as stylish as BB.

Yep.

Best thing on TV right now.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1199: Apr 08, 2015 06:14:35 pm
      About to go on to the final series of How I Met Your Mother, can't believe how fast I've gone through 8 seasons already. It can be very repetitive and even annoying at times but overall I enjoyed it more than I expected, it's great for the purpose I wanted - something easy to watch before sleep - and I'll actually miss having it to watch when I'm done with the final season.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1200: Apr 08, 2015 07:16:16 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1201: Apr 11, 2015 02:19:14 pm
      For those interested in superhero stuff, Netflix released all 13 episodes of Daredevil yesterday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQzRs6UCbuI#ws
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1202: Apr 12, 2015 10:04:06 am
      For those interested in superhero stuff, Netflix released all 13 episodes of Daredevil yesterday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQzRs6UCbuI#ws
      It's absolutely incredible. There's a fight scene at the end of episode two that blew me away and was all done in one continuous take.

Also, GoT Season 5, episodes 1-4 leaked online and I'm struggling to stay away.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1203: Apr 12, 2015 01:05:30 pm
      Looking forward to seeing how Westeros is doing later on.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1204: Apr 12, 2015 01:38:22 pm
      It's absolutely incredible. There's a fight scene at the end of episode two that blew me away and was all done in one continuous take.

Also, GoT Season 5, episodes 1-4 leaked online and I'm struggling to stay away.

You got a link for that please?

Glad to hear good things about Daredevil.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1205: Apr 12, 2015 06:00:39 pm
      You got a link for that please?

Glad to hear good things about Daredevil.
      PM'd you them.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1206: Apr 15, 2015 01:11:12 pm
      Started on Daredevil, and quite enjoying it so far.
      They got the backstory in pretty quick, and then started bringing "Fisk" into things more and more.

Private Pile is still a feckin loon ;D
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1207: Apr 15, 2015 01:33:35 pm
      I finished the opening season of Better Call Saul last night and I really enjoyed it. For me, it gets better as it progresses and the good news is that there is more to come next year, although that seems so far away at this time.

There would have been considerable pressure on the creators to get this right, following the massive success of Breaking Bad. In my opinion, they have delivered.

If you watch the first couple of episodes and you aren't too impressed then stick with it because the storylines expand and the characters develop, particularly and obviously the lead character who is played flawlessly once again.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,238 posts | 4924 
      Reply #1208: Apr 15, 2015 01:45:33 pm
      I finished the opening season of Better Call Saul last night and I really enjoyed it. For me, it gets better as it progresses and the good news is that there is more to come next year, although that seems so far away at this time.

There would have been considerable pressure on the creators to get this right, following the massive success of Breaking Bad. In my opinion, they have delivered.

If you watch the first couple of episodes and you aren't too impressed then stick with it because the storylines expand and the characters develop, particularly and obviously the lead character who is played flawlessly once again.

It's brilliant mate.

Spike TV, new channel from 5, is showing Breaking Bad from the beginning starting tonight for anyone who's interested.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1209: Apr 15, 2015 03:41:45 pm
      It's brilliant mate.

Spike TV, new channel from 5, is showing Breaking Bad from the beginning starting tonight for anyone who's interested.

Agreed.  ;)

I think it's great that Breaking Bad is on Freeview. There must be a lot of people keen to see it who don't have Sky/Cable/Netflix or the boxset. I only saw it a few months back - I got a free trial with Netflix. I absolutely loved it as many others have and I was impressed with Netflix so stuck with it.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1210: Apr 15, 2015 05:06:34 pm
      I know this is a bit left field considering the great shows actually running at the moment (including Better Call Saul and of course GOT), but anyone ever watch The Shield?

I've just finished season 5 and my god it's fantastic. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better Forrest Whittaker turns up as a main character in season 5 and is absolutely fantastic.

As for GOT, watched the first episode last night and enjoyed it. Interesting to see how far they are deviating from the books with some characters though, and there's quite a few who have been (thus far) completely left out. Either way was a good episode and I've heard the next 3 are exciting too, though I'm gonna hold out for better quality viewing rather than watching the leaks.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1211: Apr 15, 2015 09:35:19 pm
      I know this is a bit left field considering the great shows actually running at the moment (including Better Call Saul and of course GOT), but anyone ever watch The Shield?

The Shield has been discussed on here and it is brilliant. Forrest Whittaker knocks it out the park, as do all the actors on that show.  Right up there with the best TV I've ever watched.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1212: Apr 15, 2015 09:42:06 pm
      Agreed.  ;)

I think it's great that Breaking Bad is on Freeview. There must be a lot of people keen to see it who don't have Sky/Cable/Netflix or the boxset. I only saw it a few months back - I got a free trial with Netflix. I absolutely loved it as many others have and I was impressed with Netflix so stuck with it.

Why pay for.Netflix, when the showbox app is free, and has a shitload of TV series and movies. I'm using an android tv box, plug straight into tv and boom .
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1213: Apr 16, 2015 01:29:43 am
      May I just say, having moved recently and not fully unpacked all my stuff, I've been reminded why I like my DVD boxset/amazon prime etc., way of watching TV.  The only show I've really missed, by only watching boxsets or full seasons online, is Countdown.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1214: Apr 18, 2015 01:27:54 am
      Finally finished Daredevil and have to rank it along side the likes or, Ironman, Captain America, GOTG, Batman Begins and Superman (1979) origins!!

Hope they make a season 2 and actually change the suit! I thought it looked too clunky and a cross between Batman and Captain America suits....hated it.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1215: Apr 18, 2015 01:35:45 am

The Shield has been discussed on here and it is brilliant. Forrest Whittaker knocks it out the park, as do all the actors on that show.  Right up there with the best TV I've ever watched.

I echo what Rodd has said - The Shield is brilliant. For some reason I never watched the final 2 seasons, I had to stop watching can't remember why (I think my PC where all the episodes were crashed or something) but really want to do so in the future. The only reason I haven't done that yet is because I'm lazy and I have a lot of catching up to do, remembering all the stuff that happened :D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1216: Apr 18, 2015 01:47:48 pm
      Finally finished Daredevil and have to rank it along side the likes or, Ironman, Captain America, GOTG, Batman Begins and Superman (1979) origins!!

Hope they make a season 2 and actually change the suit! I thought it looked too clunky and a cross between Batman and Captain America suits....hated it.

I finished it last night, and I have to say I quite enjoyed it.
      OK, it focuses a bit too much on the fight scenes (they were very good though) but it's a pretty good series and I too hope they make a second one.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1217: Apr 18, 2015 04:57:36 pm
      I finished it last night, and I have to say I quite enjoyed it.
      OK, it focuses a bit too much on the fight scenes (they were very good though) but it's a pretty good series and I too hope they make a second one.

What sets Daredevil apart from the other Superhero TV series is is that their target audience is mainly adults rather than teens. Most, if not all the other superhero TV series seem to dwell away from the original content a lot and try to reinvent the lore, and also adding that shitty dawson creek element into it :(

As for a season 2, I don't think we'll see it for a long time :( I think there's gonna be 2 more superhero tv series from Netflix which will lead to, The Defenders(a bit like Avengers) in which Daredevil will be in. Also with the success of Daredevil, there's talk of him being in Avengers 3, part 2.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1218: Apr 24, 2015 11:24:47 am
      Daredevil has indeed been renewed for a second season to air next year. Hopefully Netflix looks into other comic adaptations, with DD's success, like Punisher.

Also, Netflix has updated the first 13 episodes of X-Files to 1080p, widescreen, 5.1 - rather than the original SD version of the show. The rest of the episodes will be updated by tomorrow.

Quick Reply