Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The TV Series Discussion Thread

Read 314700 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,415 posts | 3408 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: The TV Series Discussion Thread
      Reply #1426: Sep 09, 2015 08:48:51 am
      makers of the pacific and band of brothers are in process of developing a mini series for hbo about American bomber pilots during WW2, at the moment it's called the mighty eighth and sounds pretty epic. There is a trailer on youtube which looks pretty awesome, for about 500 million dollars it should really

Found the link again for The Mighty Eighth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBy_FIlcOJs
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1427: Sep 09, 2015 04:14:04 pm
      Started watching Suits with the missus during the weekend. Was expecting something good, but wasn't sure about the whole thematic. The first 2 or 3 episodes turned out to be very entertaining though - will definitely keep watching for now.

It's quality I won't deny that, good casting/acting but I just couldn't be bothered after I think it was 2 seasons.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1428: Sep 09, 2015 04:18:12 pm
      Narcos is worth a watch, 1 season so far, 10 episodes, about Pablo Escobar. earned 30 billion through cocaine and other stuff, that's got to be interesting.
      Netflix sh*t so you know it's gonna be (usually) good.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1429: Sep 09, 2015 05:25:02 pm
      I'm loving Sons of Anarchy!  :)

I have zipped through 11 episodes in no time at all. Will finish the first season today.

I've picked up Damages again from the beginning of the third season and I'm going to give Marco Polo a go soon.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #1430: Sep 11, 2015 11:52:23 am
      Going to start Narcos soon after reading all the positive reviews on here. Maybe Bloodline as well at some point.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1431: Sep 11, 2015 01:05:26 pm
      I really enjoyed Narcos.

I read a couple of books about Escobar a few years back, and there are some parts missing, like Escobar working with the DEA, and also the CIA links were not explored at all.
      Still, it's a dramatisation, and the missing bits didn't spoil it at all.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1432: Sep 11, 2015 02:18:14 pm
      Narcos is awesome. Watched the whole first season during the weekend (10 episodes). Highly recommended.

I wonder how Colombians feel about a Brazilian actor in the role of Pablo Escobar. I mean, Wagner Moura is a brilliant actor but I have no idea about how good his Spanish is, his pronounciation, his accent... it doesn't make much of a difference to me, but I guess it might be quite annoying to them if it's not good. Great to see such a top quality series with a heavy Brazilian touch on it

Nice one Diego, our Ste was telling me to look out for this, so think I'll have a look around and find this and give it a watch.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1433: Sep 12, 2015 01:59:50 am
      Holy f***in sh*t. How f***in good is Luther?!

Started watching it this week, first couple of episodes were good, not too special I thought at first, but it grows and grows, and the end of the 1st season is just as intense as I've ever seen. Amazing. I have no idea if whatever is to come next will be as good as this, but I'm tremendously enjoying it so far.

Anyone else a fan?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1434: Sep 12, 2015 04:21:54 am
      The first run of Luther was roughly when I stopped watching TV. I have picked it up on DVD recently and will be starting it soon. I'm just getting to the end of season 5 of Dexter, my favourite so far, just started The Mentalist, re-watching TNG and Angel as well.  I'll also be starting Justified & Lewis at some point shortly.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1435: Sep 12, 2015 04:33:22 am
      Holy f***in sh*t. How f***in good is Luther?!

Started watching it this week, first couple of episodes were good, not too special I thought at first, but it grows and grows, and the end of the 1st season is just as intense as I've ever seen. Amazing. I have no idea if whatever is to come next will be as good as this, but I'm tremendously enjoying it so far.

Anyone else a fan?

Yep, won't give too much away but it does get good, the seasons are only short, but I think Idris Elba is brilliant in it and I'm sure they are looking to do a Luther movie.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1436: Sep 12, 2015 04:36:02 am
      The first run of Luther was roughly when I stopped watching TV. I have picked it up on DVD recently and will be starting it soon. I'm just getting to the end of season 5 of Dexter, my favourite so far, just started The Mentalist, re-watching TNG and Angel as well.  I'll also be starting Justified & Lewis at some point shortly.

Rodders, Justified was one of my fave shows, definitely worth a watch.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #1437: Sep 12, 2015 08:59:12 am
      Yep, won't give too much away but it does get good, the seasons are only short, but I think Idris Elba is brilliant in it and I'm sure they are looking to do a Luther movie.

Think there's a 2 part special coming on BBC this autumn.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1438: Sep 12, 2015 12:25:51 pm
      One fairly new addition to Netflix which seems to have slipped under the radar is Line of Duty which is a police drama. Two series have been made which apart from a few characters on one side of the fence, are not linked to each other.

I recommend this show and I will be watching it again sometime soon.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1439: Sep 13, 2015 10:06:01 pm

Too bad the seasons are so short because it is a great show. Watched the first two episodes of season 2 and they've definitely kept up its quality - but it is a shame there only 2 episodes more in that season. Same thing with Sherlock - great British show but annoyingly short seasons.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1440: Sep 13, 2015 10:27:58 pm
      Anyone watch This Is England 90 just now?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1441: Sep 16, 2015 11:50:27 pm
      Might give that ^^^ a watch tomorrow, seen the others.

Tonight think I'll give Son's of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter's new show a go - The b***ard Executioner.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1442: Sep 17, 2015 06:03:14 am
      Just finished the 3rd season of Luther and I miss it already. This gotta be the best TV series I've watched in quite a while - absolutely superb. Extremely intense with an incredible, powerful lead actor. And it ended with this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjmwUkwZan8
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1443: Sep 17, 2015 05:17:12 pm
      Just finished the 3rd season of Luther and I miss it already. This gotta be the best TV series I've watched in quite a while - absolutely superb. Extremely intense with an incredible, powerful lead actor. And it ended with this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjmwUkwZan8

Idris Elba is awesome.

Luther and Stringer Bell.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1444: Sep 17, 2015 08:29:11 pm
      Idris Elba is awesome.

Luther and Stringer Bell.

He is. Truly amazing actor - such powerful acting! He completely steals the show. Luther could be worth watching for him alone, but it's actually also a pretty good show.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1445: Sep 17, 2015 09:26:20 pm
      He is. Truly amazing actor - such powerful acting! He completely steals the show. Luther could be worth watching for him alone, but it's actually also a pretty good show.

He is what got me through the first episodes of  The Wire when I was really struggling to get the hype. Couldn't believe he wasn't American.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1446: Sep 18, 2015 12:34:15 am
      30 minutes in to Luther, liking the program but not a single character I like yet.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1447: Sep 18, 2015 01:35:17 am
      He is what got me through the first episodes of  The Wire when I was really struggling to get the hype. Couldn't believe he wasn't American.

I need to get back to The Wire. I watched a couple of episodes, I was enjoying it at the time but can't remember why I did not continue watching it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1448: Sep 18, 2015 01:35:59 am
      30 minutes in to Luther, liking the program but not a single character I like yet.

I love DCI Ripley. :D

Quick Reply