Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

The TV Series Discussion Thread

Read 314140 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: The TV Series Discussion Thread
      Reply #230: Aug 13, 2012 11:01:19 am
      How good is Glenn Close in that season?

Knock's it out the park, every scene.  Hope Forest Whitaker is half as good season 5.

For breaking bad fans, you've got a few hours to buy this

http://www.riptapparel.com/
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #231: Aug 14, 2012 09:21:25 am
      Hope Forest Whitaker is half as good season 5.

Oh you will F***ing love it!!

Is all I'm going to say.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #232: Aug 14, 2012 09:23:54 am
      Started watching Falling Skies.
      The start of Season 2.

Loving it so far.
      War of the Worlds type, group of resistance fighters vs aliens.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #233: Aug 15, 2012 04:31:32 pm
      Game of Thrones plot detail found in Gosford Forest Park

A call sheet from the fantasy epic, Game of Thrones, which contains information about scenes and plot lines, has been found abandoned in County Armagh.

The document, found in Gosford Forest Park, also had contact information for production staff and crew members.

Game of Thrones is a mediaeval fantasy series based on the books of George R R Martin.

HBO is currently filming the third series of the show in Northern Ireland.

Local journalist, Ruth Loney, was handed the document after it was found by a member of the public close to where filming was taking place.

She said the 12-page booklet included two maps, details on set layout, telephone numbers of all the crew, details on scenes and risk assessments.

Ms Loney said that although not many details of the plot were given away, the set details would have made certain elements known.

"This would be of use to people who are absolutely following this series and would be dying to know what is happening in the future," she said.

"This would be used on set by producers. In fact everyone on set would have one of these.

"I have it intact to be returned to the producing team.

"Had this been found and taken by somebody who knew about computers and putting it up on the internet really quickly, it could have gone anywhere."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19260722

That local journalist seems really thick, if anyone wanted to know what would happen then they could go and buy the books!!
      Bier
      Reply #234: Aug 17, 2012 04:49:13 pm
      I watched the Sopranos recently, had never seen all of it before, just some episodes from the first season. I loved most of it, but the last season was very dissapointing I thought, and the ending even more so.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #235: Aug 17, 2012 05:29:37 pm

I thought it was an interesting ending, shall we say and it was the Soprano's who had Journey on first, so Glee can F**k right off!
      Bier
      Reply #236: Aug 17, 2012 05:55:10 pm
      I thought it was an interesting ending, shall we say and it was the Soprano's who had Journey on first, so Glee can f**k right off!

I was really hoping for an epic season, with a big climax, and an epic ending also. Especially once I saw the season was almost twice as long as the others. In hindsight that last season could have easily been cut in half. But the ending was just not epic at all, and no closure whatsoever. Very unfullfilling for me personally.

And Glee, wtf are you on about? :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #237: Aug 17, 2012 05:59:04 pm
      I was really hoping for an epic season, with a big climax, and an epic ending also. Especially once I saw the season was almost twice as long as the others. In hindsight that last season could have easily been cut in half. But the ending was just not epic at all, and no closure whatsoever. Very unfullfilling for me personally.

And Glee, wtf are you on about? :D

The scene in the diner they reckon is filmed through the eyes of Tony, so when it goes black, that was him being clipped.

And lots of people bang on about Glee being the reason Journey's Don't Stop Believin' becoming a hit again, it wasn't it was Soprano's last scene in the diner.

I liked the last series, shoot me!
      Bier
      Reply #238: Aug 17, 2012 06:11:27 pm
      Yeah, I suspected that. By the guy who went to the bathroom. It just didn't do it for me, would have preferred actually seeing it for one. But even then, it didn't work for me.

And dude, on the subject of Glee, you seem to hang with the wrong crowd :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #239: Aug 17, 2012 06:14:26 pm
      Yeah, I suspected that. By the guy who went to the bathroom. It just didn't do it for me, would have preferred actually seeing it for one. But even then, it didn't work for me.

And dude, on the subject of Glee, you seem to hang with the wrong crowd :D

I don't watch it, just some sh*t I read or heard, can't actually wait to see the proper crowd next weekend ;)

Football and booze, happy days!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #240: Aug 18, 2012 12:50:18 pm
      Just got round to watching season 1 of Prison Break, the last episode won't play, luckily the company I brought it off are sending me a replacement.  How creepy is Knepper/T-Bag?  Casting for the brothers was spot on a well.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #241: Sep 05, 2012 02:40:05 am
      Season 3 of Millennium, just watched an episode called Collateral Damage, stunning bit of TV, brilliant from beginning to end and an episode that could sum up the series as a whole.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #242: Sep 13, 2012 05:11:01 pm
      I just finally got catch up on Breaking Bad and again it continues for me anyway to be one of the best shows on tv right now. Pissed though I have to wait a year til the second half of season comes on in 2013
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #243: Sep 14, 2012 11:51:27 pm
      I just finally got catch up on Breaking Bad

Started to try and watch this from the start, I lasted 2 episodes before I got sidetracked by another show. Might give it another go in a few weeks.

And the other show was...

Just got round to watching season 1 of Prison Break, the last episode won't play, luckily the company I brought it off are sending me a replacement.  How creepy is Knepper/T-Bag?  Casting for the brothers was spot on a well.

Prison Break! Started watching it after I saw this post! Thank you! Back when it was first released, I missed the first half of the first season and then missed weeks and half-series and so on so am giving it a proper go now. Just finished season 2 today. Season 1 is brilliant, and 2 is good.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #244: Sep 25, 2012 12:50:56 am

Prison Break! Started watching it after I saw this post! Thank you! Back when it was first released, I missed the first half of the first season and then missed weeks and half-series and so on so am giving it a proper go now. Just finished season 2 today. Season 1 is brilliant, and 2 is good.

Finally watching the last episode of season one.  Compelling TV.  Also been watching season 1 of Bones, season 2 of Enterprise and a bit of Quantum Leap. 
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #245: Sep 25, 2012 01:38:12 am
      I just finally got catch up on Breaking Bad and again it continues for me anyway to be one of the best shows on tv right now. Pissed though I have to wait a year til the second half of season comes on in 2013

I really need to get watching these! I started watching Breaking Bad when the first episode was aired in the UK purely because Bryan Cranston was in it and loved it but nobody else I'd asked had seen it. I watched about 3 episodes and then stopped when we got rid of Sky. Now I constantly hear people saying how good it is and how it gets better all the time so I think the only thing for it is to start watching again from Series 1, Episode 1 until I'm up-to-date!
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #246: Sep 26, 2012 04:18:47 pm
      Genuinely in shock at what happened on Sons of Anarchy last night.

Wow.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #247: Sep 26, 2012 06:03:03 pm
      Genuinely in shock at what happened on Sons of Anarchy last night.

Wow.

Please say nothing! F**k off Netflix for not updating with season 4!
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #248: Sep 26, 2012 06:08:38 pm
      Just had the pleasure of the entire 1st series (really hope there's a second) of Homeland, really good watch, not keen on T.V series' usually get bored after a few, but was really good, plus 2 of my fav "Series actors" are in it, could'nt tell you there names, not that its a secret, dont know them, The Cool guy from Band Of Brothers, the one who becomes the boss, and the older guy from Crinimal Minds, who leaves. But still a great watch. :)

EDIT: Damian Lewis and Mandel "Mandy" Patinkin, :)
      « Last Edit: Sep 26, 2012 06:32:56 pm by Bl00D »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #249: Sep 27, 2012 02:14:09 am
      Anybody seen the new cartoon series Brickleberry?

A friend of mine posted on Facebook that it was the funniest cartoon he'd seen in a long time (he's a stoner so not always the best barometer) but I haven't had chance to find a download yet.
      Some clips:

Welcome to Brickleberry

Brickleberry: Sneak Peek - Another Ranger Of The Month?
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #250: Sep 28, 2012 06:14:30 pm
      Liking the look of Brickleberry, hopefully it'll be on over here soon, looks like there trying to be "Braver" than family guy/American dad, so should be somthing funny to watch.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #251: Sep 28, 2012 07:42:25 pm
      Liking the look of Brickleberry, hopefully it'll be on over here soon, looks like there trying to be "Braver" than family guy/American dad, so should be somthing funny to watch.

I downloaded it and watched it yesterday.

Yes, it's funny.

YES, it's very very wrong!! haha
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #252: Sep 28, 2012 07:46:13 pm
      Finally watching the last episode of season one.  Compelling TV

I finished the whole lot there the other morning, just shows I've nothing to be doing. I'm not gonna ruin anything for ya but I still think the first series is the best, but overall very very good show, and as you said it's very compelling TV, every episode makes you want to watch another.

Quick Reply