Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The TV Series Discussion Thread

Read 313286 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Re: The TV Series Discussion Thread
      Reply #943: Mar 20, 2014 08:47:53 am
      Mate, even the theme tune changes so that it has an Irish folk sound to it. It's quite cringy!

F**k sake!

I've grown to really like the theme tune as well.

Just finished Season 2 last night and I think it was the best of the two so far and it makes you look forward for 3 even though everyone tells you it's pretty grim. :D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #944: Mar 20, 2014 04:03:10 pm
      F**k sake!

I've grown to really like the theme tune as well.

Just finished Season 2 last night and I think it was the best of the two so far and it makes you look forward for 3 even though everyone tells you it's pretty grim. :D

2 is excellent. 3 isn't all bad, it's just nowhere near the level you expect and I found myself starting each episode in the hope they they go back to the US.
      As I said though, stick with it because a lot that happens afterwards is linked to events in Belfast and season 4 is class.

And I'll stop talking about it now so I don't accidentally drop a spoiler!

Anybody watch Legit? It's a sit-com starring Jim Jefferies who I think is about the funniest stand up comedian about. I can't believe I haven't got around to watching this yet. It's apparently on the US Netflix but not UK. I downloaded a few episodes and put them on a USB stick then accidentally put it in the washing machine so I'll have to see how it dries out!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #945: Mar 20, 2014 04:20:35 pm
      2 is excellent. 3 isn't all bad, it's just nowhere near the level you expect and I found myself starting each episode in the hope they they go back to the US.
      As I said though, stick with it because a lot that happens afterwards is linked to events in Belfast and season 4 is class.

Anybody watch Legit? It's a sit-com starring Jim Jefferies who I think is about the funniest stand up comedian about. I can't believe I haven't got around to watching this yet. It's apparently on the US Netflix but not UK. I downloaded a few episodes and put them on a USB stick then accidentally put it in the washing machine so I'll have to see how it dries out!

Stopped watching a while back for some reason during Season 5. Is the latest season still good then?

As for your USB issues, they're usually pretty robust, just make sure it's completely bone dry before connecting it to a power source.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #946: Mar 20, 2014 04:39:04 pm

I'm defintitely going to stick with it Rep as I knew about Season 3 and the lower standard even before I started the first episode.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #947: Mar 21, 2014 12:57:49 am
      I'll answer my own question.

I watched the first 3 episodes of Legit before work today and it's definitely worth a go. Each episode is only about 25 minutes long so you don't have to commit much time to it. The comedy is not exactly PC, as you'd expect from Jim Jefferies but it's funny!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #948: Mar 21, 2014 01:16:44 am
      Watching Bangkok Hilton (1989) starring a young Nicole Kidman. Think it would be done very differently nowadays. Thoroughly enjoyed it though.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #949: Mar 23, 2014 09:13:42 pm
      Thanks to the lads who suggested things for me to watch, appreciated. I will remember these pages now, thank you.

I have just finished Season 5 of Breaking Bad so on the home straight with that. Its a strange feeling when you know you're coming to the end of something that has give you so much entertainment. I feel like I actually know Walt and Jesse :D

'Believe' starts on Watch HD on Thursday so I think I'm going to give that a go:

"Bo is a young girl who was born with special abilities that she cannot control, and as they start evolving, the people who are protecting her must turn to an outsider. This leads them to Tate, a wrongfully convicted death-row inmate, whom they break out of prison. Although he is reluctant to take on the role as her protector, the two eventually form a bond that will guide them to helping each other as well as others while staying one step ahead of the evil forces that want the girl"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q7ymR55WQo
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #950: Mar 23, 2014 09:16:13 pm
      Thanks to the lads who suggested things for me to watch, appreciated. I will remember these pages now, thank you.

I have just finished Season 5 of Breaking Bad so on the home straight with that. Its a strange feeling when you know you're coming to the end of something that has give you so much entertainment. I feel like I actually know Walt and Jesse :D

'Believe' starts on Watch HD on Thursday so I think I'm going to give that a go:

"Bo is a young girl who was born with special abilities that she cannot control, and as they start evolving, the people who are protecting her must turn to an outsider. This leads them to Tate, a wrongfully convicted death-row inmate, whom they break out of prison. Although he is reluctant to take on the role as her protector, the two eventually form a bond that will guide them to helping each other as well as others while staying one step ahead of the evil forces that want the girl"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q7ymR55WQo

Just got and email from Sky about Believe and I think I'll give it a go as well.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #951: Mar 23, 2014 09:20:15 pm
      Just got and email from Sky about Believe and I think I'll give it a go as well.

Hadn't even heard of it until I got the exact same email you just did about two hours ago :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #952: Mar 23, 2014 09:23:18 pm
      Hadn't even heard of it until I got the exact same email you just did about two hours ago :)

Likewise.

The involvement of Cuaron and Abrams got me interested.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #953: Mar 24, 2014 07:08:24 pm
      My mrs' cousin is on Coronation St tonight, Les Dennis. He's from Garston originally - guess what he plays? A thief, surprise surprise.
      Bier
      Reply #954: Mar 24, 2014 08:04:38 pm
      Has anyone else been watching Hannibal? On it's 2nd season now. One of the, if not the, most twisted and dark series I've ever seen. But beautifully shot and very eerie sounds, only getting better it seems. Mads Mikkelsen is a great Hannibal!

Likewise.

The involvement of Cuaron and Abrams got me interested.

Believe isn't great unfortunately. I had high hopes because of Cuaron's involvement too. Was expecting another movie standard like series in the line of True Detective, House of Cards, Breaking Bad etc. But it's just another series. Not bad, but not great. I'm 3 episodes in, I think Cuaron only directed the pilot. Not that I noticed.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #955: Mar 25, 2014 03:53:01 pm
      I know no-one here watches it, but there was a brilliant episode in last night's The Good Wife. I think nobody that watches it could see it coming.  :holyshit:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #956: Mar 27, 2014 02:40:05 am
      Line of Duty has been awesome.
      True Detective has been fantastic
      House of Cards has been brilliant.

Hulu, HBO and Netflix really deliver when it comes to top quality TV shows.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #957: Mar 28, 2014 06:13:14 pm
      Started watching Red Dwarf from the beginning on netflix.

I'd forgotten just how good it is despite the very low budget.

Some very funny stuff.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #958: Mar 29, 2014 09:27:05 am
      Started watching Red Dwarf from the beginning on netflix.

I'd forgotten just how good it is despite the very low budget.

Some very funny stuff.

One of my favorite shows ever. Loses its way a bit in the latter series' whenever they bring the rest of the crew back from the dead though.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #959: Apr 06, 2014 07:33:04 pm
      Counting down the hours for Season 4 of Game of Thrones. Can't wait.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #960: Apr 06, 2014 07:40:20 pm
      Counting down the hours for Season 4 of Game of Thrones. Can't wait.

Airing at 2am tonight. Not nice for anyone that has to be up early the next day  :laugh:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #961: Apr 06, 2014 10:35:30 pm
      Just finished watching series 2 of 'Line of Duty' on Hulu....WOW. Just brilliant.

Can be added to the list of GREAT british TV crime dramas of:
      'Prime Suspect', 'Broadchurch', 'Red Riding', 'Inside Man', 'Luther', 'Cracker' and 'Wallander'
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #962: Apr 07, 2014 11:49:32 pm
      Guys I need a new TV series to latch onto

Past few months I've went through Breaking Bad, House of Cards and Game of Thrones. Enjoyed them all (although there's only so much sex scenes for sexy scenes sake I think I can handle)
      Any suggestions. I've got Sky Go and Netflix so anything on those platforms.
      Anyone recommend Mad Men?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #963: Apr 09, 2014 07:51:43 pm
      Is American Horror Story any good? Only watched episode 1 on Netflix and it seems decent enough so far.
      Bier
      Reply #964: Apr 09, 2014 08:07:22 pm
      I watched the first season of french series Les Revenants, and I loved it. Creepy mystery kind of series, very well shot. A US remake of it just started airing I think, called Resurrection. But the original is great. It's about a small town where suddenly people who have died are returning to life.

The Returned (2014) - Official Trailer

Is American Horror Story any good? Only watched episode 1 on Netflix and it seems decent enough so far.

Many people seem to like it, I thought it was ok but didn't keep my attention. Not scary to me. Each season is different though and stands on it's own. Different story, location, characters etc. Only some actors carry over I think. I watched a few episodes of the first season, but didn't finish it. Then watch the first episode of the 2nd season, but disspointed me so that was it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #965: Apr 12, 2014 10:34:55 am
      Looking forward to the last episode of True Detective tonight, I know reaction in the states was very mixes but overall the quality has been fantastic, just glad GOT is back now.

Quick Reply