Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The TV Series Discussion Thread

Read 313266 times
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: The TV Series Discussion Thread
      Reply #966: Apr 14, 2014 07:07:31 pm
      Game of Thrones. Wow.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #967: Apr 14, 2014 07:22:38 pm
      Knew it was coming and I was still amazed.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #968: Apr 16, 2014 07:52:58 pm
      Trailer Park Boys on netflix is very, very funny, but in a very odd way. I can't explain it better than that without spoilers.

Obviously set in a trailer park (in Canada), it's about a couple of extremely stupid criminals.

It has some very eccentric touches, like the bloke who never wears a shirt, and one of the criminals always having a drink in his hand plus a few other bits.

I found it by accident, and I'm glad I did.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #969: Apr 16, 2014 10:50:09 pm
      Just finished Season 3 of Sons Of Anarchy and although it was a bit of a slog I still enjoyed the ending once the Belfast malarky was over.

By far the weakest Season so far and I honestly have never heard so many bad Belfast accents in all my life and I also wasn't a great fan of the whole Belfast storyline at all but it did tie in with the gun running element to SAMCRO and like I said the last episode I enjoyed.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #970: Apr 17, 2014 03:17:27 am
      Just finished Season 3 of Sons Of Anarchy and although it was a bit of a slog I still enjoyed the ending once the Belfast malarky was over.

By far the weakest Season so far and I honestly have never heard so many bad Belfast accents in all my life and I also wasn't a great fan of the whole Belfast storyline at all but it did tie in with the gun running element to SAMCRO and like I said the last episode I enjoyed.

That's how I felt about it, to a word. I felt a sense of relief when they got back to the US and all that Belfast stuff was done with.
      Season 4 raises the bar again though  8)

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #971: Apr 18, 2014 08:28:42 pm
      Just started watching The Americans and it's quite good and filling the spy void left by that terrible Season 3 of Homeland.

Also got Series 1 & 2 of Sherlock to watch. Not normally my thing but I've heard some good things so I'll give a go.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #972: Apr 18, 2014 10:29:27 pm
      Just started watching The Americans and it's quite good and filling the spy void left by that terrible Season 3 of Homeland.

Also got Series 1 & 2 of Sherlock to watch. Not normally my thing but I've heard some good things so I'll give a go.

I didn't watch Sherlock for ages even though loads of people have been telling me to watch it.

Finally watched the first Series the other week and it's fantastic.
      Bier
      Reply #973: Apr 19, 2014 11:09:17 pm
      First episode of Fargo was promising!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #974: Apr 19, 2014 11:10:48 pm
      First episode of Fargo was promising!

Watching that tomorrow night.

Looking forward to it.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #975: Apr 19, 2014 11:15:52 pm
      Watching that tomorrow night.

Looking forward to it.

I don't watch a lot of tv but I'll be tuning in tomorrow night for it.  :gt-happyup:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #976: Apr 23, 2014 03:24:50 pm
      Got back to watching Game of Thrones, I'm in the 2nd season now. I just finished the 4th book. Anyone who has read the books and is also watching it could tell me more or less where the tv series is, I mean, in which part of the story? I'm not sure if season 4th is about the 4th book or still the 3rd book.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #977: Apr 23, 2014 03:56:47 pm
      some things are appearing from 4th and 5th book as they are chronologically in line
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #978: Apr 23, 2014 04:02:36 pm
      Got back to watching Game of Thrones, I'm in the 2nd season now. I just finished the 4th book. Anyone who has read the books and is also watching it could tell me more or less where the tv series is, I mean, in which part of the story? I'm not sure if season 4th is about the 4th book or still the 3rd book.

It's a little confusing mate as the producers of the show have chopped and changed a few storylines here and there in order to make things work better within a TV show structure. Essentially Season 4 of the tv series is mostly based on the second half of Book 3 (A Storm of Swords). As you probably know there is a lot that happens in the second half of Book 3 so there are some pretty crazy episodes coming up this season.

Just to confuse everyone more the producers may also slip in parts of book 4 and even 5.

It'll get really confusing come season 5 of the series, as books 4 and 5 run concurrently alongside each other. Essentially they are happening at the same time, but one focuses on the characters in Westeros, the other on those at the Wall or across the Narrow Sea.

And that's not even mentioning what they'll have to do if the show catches up with the books!  :D
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #979: Apr 23, 2014 04:06:10 pm
      It's a little confusing mate as the producers of the show have chopped and changed a few storylines here and there in order to make things work better within a TV show structure.

That is why I stopped watching it  ;D

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #980: Apr 23, 2014 07:20:57 pm
      anyone seen Falling Skies?

My lad got them for me as I like those post apocalypse type things.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #981: Apr 23, 2014 07:58:47 pm
      Halfway through 2nd series of "The Following".

Bit silly but still reasonably entertaining.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #982: Apr 23, 2014 08:08:17 pm
      And that's not even mentioning what they'll have to do if the show catches up with the books!

I keep thinking of that possibility... :D Wasn't the 6th book supposed to have been published already? I hope it will be out before I finish the 5th book, which is quite big and will take a while, since I'm reading other stuff at the same time as well.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #983: Apr 23, 2014 11:45:16 pm
      I keep thinking of that possibility... :D Wasn't the 6th book supposed to have been published already? I hope it will be out before I finish the 5th book, which is quite big and will take a while, since I'm reading other stuff at the same time as well.

The series already has major differences in story from the books, and they will just accentuate from now on. BUT, the author has told the script writers where the story is heading to so they can work with him outlining the plot.HBO was worried that with so many child actors they couldnt wait long for the story to continue.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #984: Apr 24, 2014 12:07:58 am
      The series already has major differences in story from the books, and they will just accentuate from now on. BUT, the author has told the script writers where the story is heading to so they can work with him outlining the plot.HBO was worried that with so many child actors they couldnt wait long for the story to continue.

Oh, I see...

As a huge fan of books myself, I think it will be a shame if the story unfolds on the screens before than in the pages of the two remaining books, even if the TV Series are not 100% accurate in comparison to the books.

I certainly won't be watching it before I read it. I'm a bit of a fanatic when it comes to books :D they always come first for me.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #985: Apr 24, 2014 12:56:29 am
      Oh, I see...

As a huge fan of books myself, I think it will be a shame if the story unfolds on the screens before than in the pages of the two remaining books, even if the TV Series are not 100% accurate in comparison to the books.

I certainly won't be watching it before I read it. I'm a bit of a fanatic when it comes to books :D they always come first for me.

On the bright side, its like you are enjoying two different stoys ;)
      For example, the difference in conception as to who orderes the red wedding, and more significantly, who was not killed in it...
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #986: Apr 24, 2014 01:03:49 am
      On the bright side, its like you are enjoying two different stoys ;)
      For example, the difference in conception as to who orderes the red wedding, and more significantly, who was not killed in it...

Oh I didn't know there were differences there as I'm still in the 2nd season of the TV series!
      The main difference I've noticed so far is Robb's woman. There are others but not many that look very significant to me.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #987: Apr 24, 2014 01:05:55 am
      Oh I didn't know there were differences there as I'm still in the 2nd season of the TV series!
      The main difference I've noticed so far is Robb's woman. There are others but not many that look very significant to me.

Oh, then ill say no more :) Its fun, i like the fact that they are not exactly the same
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #988: Apr 24, 2014 01:21:22 am
      Oh, then ill say no more :) Its fun, i like the fact that they are not exactly the same

I don't know, I think I'm a bit of a purist myself :D Don't see the need to mess up with the original story. It's so good as it is!
      But well, those differences do add an extra dimension to the series, at some point it will probably feel like following two different stories, as you said.

Quick Reply