Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The TV Series Discussion Thread

Read 309332 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: The TV Series Discussion Thread
      Reply #1081: Jul 30, 2014 11:58:51 pm
      Big fan of both Suits and House of Cards. I'm the same, wasn't keen on him addressing the camera in House of Cards at first but for me it makes it different and adds something to the programme.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1082: Jul 31, 2014 08:57:06 am

Is suits just literally called suits? I looked up the board on this page.. Always on the lookout for new tv shows (they last longer than films)
      Suits is suits I think, just seen it on a google search. Peace in the house.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1083: Jul 31, 2014 08:59:42 am
      Yeah at first i disliked him addressing the audience but as the series went on, i wanted to know what his thoughts were more and more to anticipate his next move. I still haven't finished the second series yet, need to get back on it.

You will be entertained, carry on when you get the chance.
      Like with Boardwalk Empire.. it takes some patience to be honest; it's pace is relative to the context.
      Nah, you already know soz.

Edit; it escalates immensely.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1084: Aug 15, 2014 11:42:22 pm
      Anyone else a fan of Friday Night Dinner?

Very funny show and I'm catching up on the first season that I missed originally.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1085: Aug 15, 2014 11:44:36 pm
      Not liking the way suits is going, becoming too predictable.

House of cards however, what a brilliant ending, loved that last scene.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1086: Aug 15, 2014 11:51:56 pm
      Battlestar Galactica, great for two and a half seasons and then dross.  Taken me over a week to watch the first disc of 4.5.  Hope it picks up before its finale.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1087: Aug 16, 2014 07:45:13 am
      Game of Thrones and Suits > the rest of TV
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1088: Aug 16, 2014 10:20:43 am
      Loving Gammorah on Sky Atlantic, Naples has never looked so lovely :0)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1089: Aug 16, 2014 09:11:05 pm
      On Season 2 of Dexter. He's an absolute legend is Dexter.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #1090: Aug 22, 2014 12:00:32 am
      Anyone who watches suits I urge you to hurry the F**k up because I kid you not the finale was epic.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1091: Aug 29, 2014 09:13:46 am
      Ya the finale of Suits was good enough, but it was coming off the back of a poor 4-5 episodes IMO. I felt myself watching them for the sake of it.

I'm just a bit into season 2 of House of Cards, which is brilliant and really picking up pace.

Lost interest in OITNB but might revisit that one.

Anyone watching The Leftovers? Saw the trailer and thought it looked interesting.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #1092: Aug 29, 2014 01:16:27 pm
      Ya the finale of Suits was good enough, but it was coming off the back of a poor 4-5 episodes IMO. I felt myself watching them for the sake of it.

I'm just a bit into season 2 of House of Cards, which is brilliant and really picking up pace.

Lost interest in OITNB but might revisit that one.

Anyone watching The Leftovers? Saw the trailer and thought it looked interesting.

Agree mate, seems it was lazy writing and they were just waiting for the finale.

House Of Cards is immense you won't be disappointed. 

I have come across a new tv series which I rate very highly, Banshee. The plot moves quick enough and there's a mysterious element to the character and his life before so the story explains that at the same time.  Brilliant fight scenes and at least a sex scene every episode for those who appreciate the demanding acting in sex scenes :D

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1093: Aug 31, 2014 12:42:39 am
      What are people's feeling about the show 'The Killing'?
      Just finished series 2.
      Think it's great but to have 26 episodes is a typical american thing of having to overdo and fulfill space.
      One of the reasons why Prime Suspect was so great...it just got to the point and maintained the drama
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #1094: Sep 01, 2014 05:11:22 pm
      Game of Thrones and Suits > the rest of TV

True Detective > the rest of TV

Just watching this now, on episode 4. No exaggeration to say it's already my favourite show of all time, although have not got round to The Wire yet. I liked Breaking Bad but this is a whole other level of brilliance for me.

Anybody seen Guillermo del Toro's new show, 'The Strain'? Fans of the Walking Dead might like it and of course fans of del Toro's film work.

Also does anyone watch 'Louie'? For me it's taken comedy down a line I've been interested to see it going for a while, it's muscled its way past the UK Office in my mind.
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2014 05:22:04 pm by unwashedmasses »
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1095: Sep 02, 2014 11:21:39 am
      True Detective > the rest of TV

Just watching this now, on episode 4. No exaggeration to say it's already my favourite show of all time, although have not got round to The Wire yet. I liked Breaking Bad but this is a whole other level of brilliance for me.

Anybody seen Guillermo del Toro's new show, 'The Strain'? Fans of the Walking Dead might like it and of course fans of del Toro's film work.

Also does anyone watch 'Louie'? For me it's taken comedy down a line I've been interested to see it going for a while, it's muscled its way past the UK Office in my mind.

I'm watching it. F***ing awesome show! Not usually my cup of tea but I'm hooked.

Was watching "The Last Ship" also but the first season has ended but leaves you in wait of the second one.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1096: Sep 02, 2014 10:45:54 pm
      I've read the book 'The Strain' so would like to see that show.

What channel is it on lads?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1097: Sep 13, 2014 07:59:41 pm
      Started watching House of Cards last night and, well, I'm already in the 8th episode. That's how much I liked it.
      I knew it was probably going to be good but the premise just didn't seen that interesting to me... I was searching for something more spectacular, something more w-t-f like a plane crashing in an island that isn't on the map :D but in the end it has proven to be as good as a tv series can get, loving it so far.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1098: Sep 13, 2014 08:14:42 pm
      Try 'The Killing' diego.
      The 'Line of Duty' is great as well

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1099: Sep 16, 2014 12:13:19 am
      Onto season 9 of The X-files and I've loved this season, probably the best since the early years. Also watched season 6 of Seinfeld, just wanting to see what the hype was about, it's dated a little, but it's still good.  I've also finished The Shield, good ending, finale stretched out a tad too long but it went out at the right time.  House season 7 seems a little tired, not the medical stuff, but the relationship stuff with Cuddy, House and Wilson.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1100: Sep 16, 2014 12:33:50 am
      The killing, in the line of duty,  exile, hidden, red ridding, broad church and so on. So many great British dramas on hulu and netflix.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #1101: Sep 17, 2014 04:39:33 pm
      Started watching House of Cards last night and, well, I'm already in the 8th episode. That's how much I liked it.
      I knew it was probably going to be good but the premise just didn't seen that interesting to me... I was searching for something more spectacular, something more w-t-f like a plane crashing in an island that isn't on the map :D but in the end it has proven to be as good as a tv series can get, loving it so far.

I was the same, the premise didn't particularly appeal so I ignored it even though several people told me to watch it. I eventually gave it a go, watched a couple of episodes and within 2 weeks I'd watched the entire 2 series'. Easily one of my favourite shows ever, totally gripping.
      Years ago I was a big Kevin Spacey fan, like most people but 'went off' him later on as he started popping up in airline adverts and seemed to get typecast in everything. House of Cards has brought him back to his best though, absolutely faultless performance from start to end.

Daft little thing but if you haven't got a sub hooked up to your TV, try to find a way to listen to the intro music with a lot of bass, plug headphones in, maybe. I have a soundbar and sub at home and the intro music is an incredibly powerful composition. Then I watched an episode at my parents' house with just the TV speakers and the music loses all of it's menace and power.
      Small thing but it makes a big difference I think.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #1102: Sep 17, 2014 05:09:13 pm
      Banshee and True Detective, must watch shows for me. They were brilliant.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1103: Sep 17, 2014 11:23:30 pm
      Just finshed the last two episodes in the final season of Veep.

Love that show and for me even better than The Thick Of It.

Quick Reply