Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Childish Gambino

Read 1835 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Childish Gambino
      Dec 10, 2011 07:34:05 pm
      Any fans of this guy here?

I've gotten into it a lot this last month since I was drinking at a buddies and he introduced me to it. For any of you out there who are fans of the show 'Community' - this is the same guy who plays Troy in that show (fantastic show as well, highly recommend it).

Anyways, for anyone into rap/hip-hop give it a listen. I'm loving his stuff myself!

Oh and trivia for ya'll. His real name is Donald Glover, the Childish Gambino name was born from just entering his name into a Wu-Tang clan name generator online :D

Childish Gambino - Heartbeat
      Childish Gambino - Freaks And Geeks (Official Music Video)
      Childish Gambino - Sunrise
      Childish Gambino - Bonfire
      Bier
      Re: Childish Gambino
      Reply #1: Dec 10, 2011 08:13:02 pm
      His sound is a bit like the Drake, Lil Wayne, Kanye ish sound. But lyrically he doesn't say anything interesting to me. He likes to rap about how he's not from the hood, and how different he is, and misunderstood. Which is funny, because his beats and his raps sound the same as the people he criticises and claims to be different from. He seems to be heavily influenced by, maybe even copying, anyone that's popular in rap right now. Even that last video, that blood spitting horror stuff is clearly a rip off from OFWGKTA's stuff.
      « Last Edit: Dec 10, 2011 08:42:29 pm by Bier »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Childish Gambino
      Reply #2: Dec 10, 2011 08:49:58 pm
      If you watch interviews with the guy, he even jokes sometimes that his name is good because his raps are sometimes kinda childish. I think that's part of what i like. May not be an intense rap like some others, but lyrically it's just fun and quite witty at times. He's a comedian as well so you kinda gotta go into it with a different mindset than others, i guess.

Heartbeat for me is a really good song.

Quick Reply