Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The "Holy sh*t, I can't wait to see 'The Dark Knight Rises'" Discussion Thread

Read 16499 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: The "Holy sh*t, I can't wait to see 'The Dark Knight Rises'" Discussion Thread
      Reply #92: Jul 25, 2012 07:10:10 am
      I liked it, a lot. Without trying to spoil anything, did anyone else think the film overall was a bit rushed?

I enjoyed it but yeah, I felt the same. I think racer mentioned earlier in the thread that even though it's nearly 3 hours long, it could have done with being a bit longer to develop the storyline properly.
      I'm not about to moan about a superhero film being unrealistic but there were a few silly bits in it.
      I thought Bane was excellent (though I'm biased as a Tom Hardy fan) and I had no problem at all understanding him.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: The "Holy sh*t, I can't wait to see 'The Dark Knight Rises'" Discussion Thread
      Reply #93: Jul 25, 2012 07:51:04 pm
      Bought tickets for Friday night. 23:59 session ;D

Can't wait!
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #94: Jul 25, 2012 08:07:42 pm
      Saw it earlier, and loved it. Thought Hardy did a great job as Bane, not convinced on the end.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #95: Jul 26, 2012 12:49:40 am
      Just seen it today and thought it was fantastic.

As racer and a few others have mentioned it isn't a perfect film but it was a great ending to the trilogy in my opinion.

The one thing I wasn't sure about before the film was the casting of Anne Hathaway as Catwomen but I had no need to worry as I thought she was great, and not just because of the catsuit.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #96: Jul 27, 2012 08:29:02 pm
      I liked it, a lot. Without trying to spoil anything, did anyone else think the film overall was a bit rushed?

Know what you mean, but it was well over 2 hours long.

Really enjoyed it, I actually thought it was a "new" Batman, and not a follow on. Anne Hathaway, sorry, but well too skinny.

Now at the ending, what popped in to my head was...

You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

Anyone else? or am I just daft?
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #97: Aug 04, 2012 02:54:55 pm
      Just watched it; excellent I thought.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #98: Aug 13, 2012 11:28:58 am

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #99: Aug 13, 2012 01:00:13 pm

Yes I thought it was rushed.

I'm even going to be a bit crazy here and say.......I was actually dissappointed with the film as a whole.

Hathaway was great, in more ways than one, overall the acting was pretty decent but I just didn't feel the storyline at all - some great scenes though.

Overall though, I was dissapointed yes.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #100: Oct 04, 2012 02:34:24 pm
      I do hope if when we see a reboot we get to see be best evil couple around.
      Although the games covered it I was disappointed not to see it in movie form.

YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #101: Oct 05, 2012 02:49:37 am
      Everyone just assumes that Nolan is done w/ the franchise, but I dont think so. In a way he incorporated the DC Batman Universe and his own retelling. I think that we will see another Nolan Batman but this time he will do it as an epilogue/future piece and he will base it on the "Dark Knight Returns" series by Frank Miller. It will show Batman at 55 and retired and he comes back because he needs to do it. He has a bit of a death wish and wants to go out as Batman.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #102: Oct 05, 2012 09:11:37 am
      It will show Batman at 55 and retired and he comes back because he needs to do it. He has a bit of a death wish and wants to go out as Batman.
      I sincerely hope that doesn't happen, that sounds so unbelievably sh*t.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #103: Oct 05, 2012 09:25:19 am
      Everyone just assumes that Nolan is done w/ the franchise, but I dont think so. In a way he incorporated the DC Batman Universe and his own retelling. I think that we will see another Nolan Batman but this time he will do it as an epilogue/future piece and he will base it on the "Dark Knight Returns" series by Frank Miller. It will show Batman at 55 and retired and he comes back because he needs to do it. He has a bit of a death wish and wants to go out as Batman.

F**k that.

Holy actual sh*t comic batman.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #104: Oct 05, 2012 10:18:04 am
      Anyone else seen this Logo in the first 'I am Legend Movie'?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #105: Oct 05, 2012 10:46:34 am
      I can't see the attachment.
      I presume it's this though.

Batman vs. Superman Billboard in I am Legend

You may have already heard about it ā€” there is a scene early on in ā€œI am Legendā€ (Iā€™m still writing a review for it, by the way) early in the film where Will Smith is in a deserted Times Square, and as the camera slowly pans, there is a giant ā€œBatman vs. Supermanā€ poster/billboard staring right back at you. It looks like advertising for ā€œBatman vs. Supermanā€, and since the world of ā€œI am Legendā€ has remained unchanged since 2009, what are the filmmakers trying to tell us?

SuperHeroHype has some background on the billboard:

[I am Legend writer Akiva] Goldsman was once attached to a real Batman vs. Superman movie, but the script didnā€™t get the green light. He also wrote Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

In the movie, even though it is 2012, the virus hit in 2009, so Goldsman thought about which movies ā€œcouldā€ possibly come to theaters in ā€™09.

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/batman-vs-superman-billboard-in-i-am-legend/

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #106: Oct 05, 2012 12:42:35 pm
      He also wrote Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

Not something to be proud of.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #107: Oct 07, 2012 06:46:52 am
      I sincerely hope that doesn't happen, that sounds so unbelievably sh*t.
      Really. Did you read it? IGN and Wizard ranked It the #2 Batman arc ever. It's a classic. Its considered one of top Graphic Novels ever, even beating Sandman and Watchmen and was considered one of the top 50 fiction stories of all time even beating classic literature books.

Its him regretting his wasted life fighting crime and coming to terms with what he lost because of it.  Not only that this arc he finally kills Joker for good by crippling him and then Joker actually breaks his own neck by twisting his own head off!!! Literally. The government send Superman to kill Batman, but Batman and Green Arrow kill Superman with a Kryptonite Arrow, then Batmans dies shortly after killing Superman. Its f***in wild!!!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #108: Oct 07, 2012 03:18:21 pm
      Really. Did you read it? IGN and Wizard ranked It the #2 Batman arc ever. It's a classic. Its considered one of top Graphic Novels ever, even beating Sandman and Watchmen and was considered one of the top 50 fiction stories of all time even beating classic literature books.

Its him regretting his wasted life fighting crime and coming to terms with what he lost because of it.  Not only that this arc he finally kills Joker for good by crippling him and then Joker actually breaks his own neck by twisting his own head off!!! Literally. The government send Superman to kill Batman, but Batman and Green Arrow kill Superman with a Kryptonite Arrow, then Batmans dies shortly after killing Superman. Its f***in wild!!!
      I really wanna see that made.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #109: Oct 08, 2012 05:55:34 pm

Quick Reply