Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Prediction against Man City (A) (League)?

LFC Win
      (57.4%)
      Draw
      (37.8%)
      Defeat
      (4.7%)

Pre Match Thread: Manchester City Vs. Liverpool 3-Jan-12, 8pm kick off

Read 13848 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Pre Match Thread: Manchester City Vs. Liverpool 3-Jan-12, 8pm kick off
      Reply #69: Jan 02, 2012 05:51:52 pm
      Shitty wont relish coming up against us, having dropped points recently,we have a better away form and they know we wont let them bully us, i'd have a wee gamble here and see where it takes us, i'd go with this...

Reina
           Johnson   Skrtle   Agger   Enrique
                  Spearing           Adam
            Bellers        Gerrard         Maxi
                              Suarez
      Bench; Doni, Carra, Shelvey, Hendo, Kuyt, Carroll, Downing

F**kin go at these Kunts and control midfield, see how the skip is after a hour, if he's fu**ed chuck on Shelvey, to replace him,after 10 chuck Kuyt on for Bellers and revert to a 4-5-1 , hopefully we will be ahead and we can just sit back soak up the pressure,for the last 10-15, and hit them on the break, we have the best defence in the league, a solid midfield 5,let them try and break us down without conceding, go with this we can win, at worst a draw, but we wont f***in lose, go on Kenny it's a gamble yeah, but worth it,   1-2 to the Redmen,  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:  ;)

This is how I'd set up our team as well
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #70: Jan 02, 2012 07:46:00 pm
      This could be a ridiculous thought, and smite me if you will............

But at Gerrard's age i think it will be more beneficial to us if he came on as an impact sub rather than start.

This is because for me, the games he has started this season he has been fairly quiet i.e Man Utd game (Apart from score the free kick).
      And when he comes on as a sub, he really gives the team a lift and makes them up their game and also demoralises the opposition players when they see him coming on.

:-\ :-\
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #71: Jan 02, 2012 07:51:48 pm

But at Gerrard's age i think it will be more beneficial to us if he came on as an impact sub rather than start.

This is because for me, the games he has started this season he has been fairly quiet i.e Man Utd game (Apart from score the free kick).
      And when he comes on as a sub, he really gives the team a lift and makes them up their game and also demoralises the opposition players when they see him coming on.

For the moment or just generally in the future?
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #72: Jan 02, 2012 07:52:51 pm
      Generally in the future.........sometimes ...................occas ionally
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #73: Jan 02, 2012 07:57:24 pm

[/quote

Behave yourself fella, use our best player as a impact sub ?
      come on, we're where we are without Stevie at the half way point, now he is becoming more available and getting fitter, his name should be the first on the team sheet, 2pts behind 4th, 11pts off top, we're getting stronger, more consistent, more confident, we're creating chances galore, and once he is fully match fit stevie will be colossal,
      teaming up with Suarez i'm drooling mate f***in drooling, and the big fella will start to shine,

Gerrard as impact sub, f**k me, give me strenght !
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      Reply #74: Jan 02, 2012 08:01:25 pm

[/quote

Behave yourself fella, use our best player as a impact sub ?
      come on, we're where we are without Stevie at the half way point, now he is becoming more available and getting fitter, his name should be the first on the team sheet, 2pts behind 4th, 11pts off top, we're getting stronger, more consistent, more confident, we're creating chances galore, and once he is fully match fit stevie will be colossal,
      teaming up with Suarez i'm drooling mate f***in drooling, and the big fella will start to shine,

Gerrard as impact sub, f**k me, give me strenght !
      Oops   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #75: Jan 02, 2012 08:01:57 pm
      haha yeah, it was ridiculous thought anyway.

Stevie should start every game he is fit to start for.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #76: Jan 02, 2012 08:09:04 pm
      first 20 mins will be crucial...if we can turn those crazy oasis fans down in volume we could blast em with our own merseybeat and sneak a win(Luis in the Sky with Diamonds springs to mind,ha ha)..even a 1-0 will do...
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #77: Jan 02, 2012 08:14:05 pm
      Generally in the future.........sometimes ...................occas ionally

Um, how about he retires from international football instead  :f_tongueincheek:
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #78: Jan 02, 2012 08:18:01 pm
      Hope we have a right go at them tomorrow. I'd have 3 in the midfield as they have a tendency to play very narrow and maybe use Kuyt and Bellers on wings, Suarez up top. Work-rate a premium, no room for Downings lazyness.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      Reply #79: Jan 02, 2012 08:18:43 pm
      haha yeah, it was ridiculous thought anyway.

Stevie should start every game he is fit to start for.

Here's me disagreeing with your post and i could'nt even post my response properly, ha ha never mind.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #80: Jan 02, 2012 08:56:22 pm
      Ive said all season long  that city will hit trouble. They have had some great wins early doors but for me they havent been that good for a whle now, Always think that if a side does a job on their creative players and get the tactics spot on that they are well beatable. If Stevies fit hes got to start for me, Carroll will thrive on his crosses and with suarez back the craft will be back up front that was missing in the first half the other night. Well think we can get a win, lets see how citeh handle the pressure now. What a massive 3pts that would be if we  can do it. Cmon redmen, up and at em boys.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Manchester City Vs. Liverpool Away Leg. ;) 3-Jan-12, 8pm kick off
      Reply #81: Jan 02, 2012 09:04:08 pm
      Massive F***ing game this.
      Almost feels like a Champions League night.
      Could be the game that ignites our season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #82: Jan 02, 2012 09:40:09 pm
      Win tomorrow and it'll be all 'title, title, title' on here.

Lose and it will be 'never going to get 4th'.

It'll be comedy either way - tune in just before 10pm tomorrow night folks when the season will have reached its conclusion! (18 games early) ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #83: Jan 02, 2012 10:04:18 pm
      Win tomorrow and it'll be all 'title, title, title' on here.

Lose and it will be 'never going to get 4th'.

It'll be comedy either way - tune in just before 10pm tomorrow night folks when the season will have reached its conclusion! (18 games early) ;)

I got in early and mentioned the title tonight in the Premier League thread just to get the ball rolling :D

In all seriousness I'm usually pretty consistent and always say it's never over until the points are not there to be won and recent results have left the league table looking a lot more favourable to us than just before Christmas.

Tomorrow will be a tough game but as been said before in here we don't seem to have a problem performing in games like this and I expect at the very least to play well enough to be able to win the game.
      « Last Edit: Jan 02, 2012 10:27:48 pm by srslfc »
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #84: Jan 02, 2012 10:08:09 pm
      I got in early and mentioned the title tonight in the Premier League thread just to get the ball rolling :D

In all seriousness I'm usually pretty consistent and always say it's never over until the points are not there to be one and recent results have left the league table looking a lot more favourable to us than just before Christmas.

Tomorrow will be a tough game but as been said before in here we don't seem to have a problem performing in games like this and I expect at the very least to play well enough to be able to win the game.
      If we win tomorrow we actually probably can challenge for the title... because we have 3 very winnable league games after
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #85: Jan 02, 2012 10:25:44 pm
      Might not be a bad time to play City, given recent results.
      Though seeing the Reds visiting might raise their game.
      Either way, it'll be a good indicator of where we're at.
      Hopin Suarez turns it on on the night, would love to see him stuff it to em, and get himself some positive headlines again.
      Our defense is strong, so we've that good base.
      I'm not sure SG will start. After the game against Newcastle, KK might try keep it tight for the first 60, then bring on SG with 30 to go. Hope he can do same again.
      I reckon a draw - but hopin we might nick it.
      Cmon de Redmen!!!!!!! :)
      Always aways
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #86: Jan 02, 2012 11:50:24 pm
        Suarez-7,I almost agree with you;read on...

Pepe,Glen,Enrique,Agger,Skrtel and Spearing are a given(and I think very highly of Kelly,but my 'winger' Johnson has improved defensivly of late;a game such as this you don't change what ain't broke across the backline barring injury.)And f*****g Spearing?It took Lucas 2 seasons to get where he is(and we don't even have a song for him yet!)and now he's going to have to fight to take Spearing's spot back!What more can you say?   Christ,after losing him and worrying('ohhh,uh,uh,uh,ohhhh-o)we have TWO just as capeable!

Henderson in.This is going to be a big one for him.Confidence is beginning to show,and when the first 2 subs come on(read on),he'll smile when KK motions for him to push higher upfield more.

Kuyt on right.The energy he has will be needed because of his ability to never tire!Will always drop back to help the defense,then race back up to attack.He will help in the attacks,but he also good for corners,free kicks etc when the keeper spills,defender misskicks,intercepted citeh pass is bouncing about etc....clean up man.

Maxi on other side.Prefer Bellamy,but Maxi is good enough to get us to the point where the'secret weapons' come in!Bellamy put in a hell of a shift against Newcastle;need those legs against tired defenders later in match.If Maxi doesn't score himself,he will set up either of the final two up top.

Suarez and Carroll up top.Let Luis be his Luis self!That's all KK's gotta say to him."We have to win today,Luis."Tell him in f*****g Spanish,goddamnit.55/60 mins Suarez.They'll be chopping you,pulling you,fouling you,everything!Until the subs!

Carroll going to score today,guys!He did it when we wanted it against the bitters,well now we don't want it,we need it mate.We'll be 0-1 up before the subs.....

After about 30 mins,let Stevie start running up and down the line!citeh players will be watching out of the corner of their eyes.The citeh fans will boo but they won't be singing!(not that they sing much anyway)And we'll sing about 'big and hard' and 'ohh Stevie Gerrard,cause he hates etc'   Head games.   Just before the half let him run up and down again....only this time with Bellers as well.Might have to put his choker chain around his neck,cause he'll want to go!Keep him under your wing Stevie.Chomping at the bit?Pitbull is going to have so much f****** energy,probably won't sit down at half time and be mumbling and pacing in the changing room-you can't contain that spirit!55 minutes,we're 0-1 up....put em on!Stevie for Dirk and Bellamy for Maxi.citeh won't know wtf struck them.Adam or Downing on bench in case needed but really think Henderson will relish this moment and not need subbing.

End of game,citehs going to be down to ten men.Cards all over the pitch.Travelling Kop loudest all season!We win 0-2,1-3 or better.We will beat them by 2 goals or better.Simply put,they are not in our class.                    no one in the Prem is now.        Stevie's back and looking like the Stevie we know.it's obvious that we were one small 'something' away from looking as dominant as a Spanish side with an Argie that makes them click......didn't you see it?
                                                                   ......didn't you feel it?

we finally clicked!

IKKWT                                                              YNWA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #87: Jan 03, 2012 12:05:48 am
      Nervously anticipating this match.

Wont sleep much as it's a 7.00am KO Downunder.

Got a good feeling, we're away from home, the travelling support will be fantastic as usual. We seem to do well against the so called bigger clubs and hopefully we can dominate them the way we did at Anfield.

1-2 to us. COYR.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #88: Jan 03, 2012 12:19:27 am
      Think we can win this,Lucas kept Silva quite in the last meeting.Just hope if Jay plays he can stop him.
      They looked a bit tired against Sunderland so hope we can capitalise and nick 3 points.  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Reina
           Johnson   Skrtle   Agger   Enrique
                  Spearing           Adam
            Bellers        Gerrard         Maxi
                              Suarez

Or play Carroll instead of Maxi,with Gerrard firing in them balls Andy could get 1-2 goals.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #89: Jan 03, 2012 12:30:45 am
      The longer it stays level the more tetchy the atmosphere will be. Hopefully then when the crowd start getting on their backs, we can spring a counter, and win the game.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #90: Jan 03, 2012 12:47:35 am
      This fixture last season was honestly one of the worst things I have watched as a LFC fan. Absolutely terrible.

I think our line up hinges on 3 players really, Gerrard, Bellamy and their fitness. And Andy Carroll. I think he should start, but I don't feel he links up brilliantly with Suarez at all, and Suarez has to play.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #91: Jan 03, 2012 01:04:47 am
      Think man city are in a mini slump and the reds can capitilize on there lack of scoring lately. dzeko cant seem to score 10 shots last game. Batorelli pissing off manager with a smoking issue,Nasri we dont see much of him lately, so think mancini is have trouble with all the big egos. Gerrad stomping at the bit now ,he is a big game player and can see him scoring again.Luis will get lots of good chances being fed by stevie.Yes a win here for the reds. play same tactics as last time, our defence is solid as a rock now.   

Quick Reply