Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The "'Star Wars' helped me keep my virginity in tact for decades" thread

Read 5480 times
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      The "'Star Wars' helped me keep my virginity in tact for decades" thread
      Jan 18, 2012 09:12:59 pm
      Have been telling a couple of my friends that my favorite way to watch these now is:

1) A New Hope
      2) Empire Strikes Back
      3) The Phantom Menace
      4) Attack of the Clones
      5) Revenge of the Sith
      6) Return of the Jedi

Why? I think ANH and ESB (with its shocking revelation) help setup the backstory Eps I-III provide. Makes them less shitty, and makes EP VI even more awesome than it its.

Thinking of getting some books too. Any suggestions?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: The "'Star Wars' helped me keep my virginity in tact for decades" thread
      Reply #1: Jan 18, 2012 09:35:04 pm
      Best thread title ever.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2: Jan 18, 2012 09:41:49 pm

You could be right.

Thinking of getting some books too. Any suggestions?

These books, are they to keep or loose the Cherry? Or Star Wars related?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3: Jan 18, 2012 09:43:14 pm
      I lost my cherry the moment I seen Princess Leah in basically what amounted to a swim suit. ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Jan 18, 2012 09:50:32 pm
      Love it.
      The title that is.
      Pity you didn't meet women that loved Star Wars.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5: Jan 18, 2012 10:35:13 pm
      In all fairness my fiance is a Star Wars lover. I'm a lucky boy. But I digress...

Star Wars related books. Once I finish the Songs of Fire and Ice, that is...
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #6: Jan 19, 2012 07:16:18 am
      In all fairness my fiance is a Star Wars lover. I'm a lucky boy. But I digress...

Star Wars related books. Once I finish the Songs of Fire and Ice, that is...

I'm going to have to rack my memory a little, as my collection of Star Wars books is, sadly, collecting dust back in Australia at the moment.

One I do remember enjoying was the 'X-Wing Series' - I haven't read it in years, but they were hugely entertaining from what I remember. Link to the first one at Amazon :) http://www.amazon.com/Rogue-Squadron-Star-Wars-X-Wing/dp/0553568019/ref=pd_sim_b_1

One I've heard of from a fellow Star Wars lover is these ones. Aint read them yet myself but they are high on my list, meant to be brilliant! About the origin of the Sith 'Rule of Two' and all of that. The Old Republic stuff, and the Jedi/Sith stuff really fascinates me.

http://www.amazon.com/Path-Destruction-Star-Wars-Darth/dp/0345477375/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326956961&sr=1-2

I'll have a think on some others that I have back home! I had a good stack of them, its just been three years since I saw them :D

And I'll give that viewing order a go soon! Did you get the blu-ray set?

kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7: Jan 19, 2012 04:20:53 pm
      And I'll give that viewing order a go soon! Did you get the blu-ray set?

I didn't. I personally didn't want to line Lucas' pockets any more given the new "changes". Although I have watched them, and F**k me it's beautiful. Even makes the pod racing bearable :D

I've heard the Darth Bane trilogy is amazing, as well as the Thrawn trilogy and Shadows of the Empire (which apparently fills in the gaps between ESB and ROJ). 
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #8: Jan 19, 2012 09:18:13 pm
      I didn't. I personally didn't want to line Lucas' pockets any more given the new "changes". Although I have watched them, and f**k me it's beautiful. Even makes the pod racing bearable :D

I've heard the Darth Bane trilogy is amazing, as well as the Thrawn trilogy and Shadows of the Empire (which apparently fills in the gaps between ESB and ROJ). 

:D Yeah, I'm kinda just 'eh' about the changes. Like they don't change the experience for me, and being I just love blu-ray quality I had to do it. Was there at midnight to get it (yeah, nerd I know :D ). And they are beautiful to watch on blu!

Oh Shadows! Thats another one I'd been told about, thanks for reminding me. I'm waiting on getting a Kindle soon before I start on a lot of them though, there's so many and because of my situation being that I foresee a lot of travel and moving in the next few years, I wanna start consolidating :D
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #9: Jan 19, 2012 11:46:48 pm
      I love the Star Wars movies. I went to see every one in the theater. I need to get them on DVD soon.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #10: Feb 02, 2012 09:11:05 am
      I'm gonna be stuck in a movie theatre with my Star Wars obsessed little brother watching episode one in 3D.

Don't get me wrong I love Star Wars. Just not The Phantom Menace.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #11: Feb 02, 2012 09:29:22 am
      If this were real life I'd probably get shouted at by you star wars posse for saying this but I've only seen the first one.

Which is a bit strange as I'm a sc-fi fan, just never got around to watching them.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #12: Feb 02, 2012 09:33:47 am
      Get out.

;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #13: Feb 02, 2012 09:36:28 am
      You'll know the punchline by the end so.
      Always wondered how it would impact on a viewer to watch them numerically.
      Obviously without having seen 4, 5 and 6.
      « Last Edit: Feb 02, 2012 09:50:58 am by racerx34 »
      LFCexiled
      Reply #14: Feb 02, 2012 09:38:30 am

:lmao:

You're just jealous because you'd have to pay for your star wars virginity to be restored whereas I've been faithful and waited and when I get around to it it'll be shiny new.

Does it hurt?

;D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #15: Feb 02, 2012 09:43:42 am
      You'll know the punchline by the end so.
      Always wondered how it would impact on a viewer to watch them numerically.
      Obviously without having seem 4, 5 and 6.
      I think the originals wouldn't be as good to anyone who watched them in that order. Vader just wouldn't be the same.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: Feb 02, 2012 09:52:53 am
      4, 5 and 6 will always be the three I'll enjoy the most.
      Loved the originals.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #17: Feb 03, 2012 05:03:43 pm
      Never watched a full Star Wars movie....... so whats my excuse?.....  :-[
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #18: Feb 03, 2012 06:20:04 pm
      Never watched a full Star Wars movie....... so whats my excuse?.....  :-[

Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #19: Feb 05, 2012 01:45:46 pm
      The best order to watch them? The originals, then just try your hardest to forget the new trilogy even got made. Terrible films!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #20: Feb 09, 2012 03:26:34 pm
      The best order to watch them? The originals, then just try your hardest to forget the new trilogy even got made. Terrible films!

Just recently done a Star Wars'athon when I was off work sick. Have to say, thought they were better than I was expecting them to be. Fair enough, they're not epic blockbusters but I enjoyed the way it stringed the whole story together.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #21: Feb 09, 2012 11:21:34 pm
      Blue Harvest.
      Sweet.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22: Feb 09, 2012 11:41:20 pm

Love the bit with the couch, and some of the one-liners are terrific.

Quick Reply