Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)

Read 95460 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)
      Reply #253: Jan 26, 2015 06:22:21 pm
      Therefore, transfermarkt don't know either. My money is on him having signed a five year contract at 19.

I don't know mate, we delayed signing him due to a serious back injury where he was in a brace for 6 months.  Under any other circumstances I'd agree with you on the 5 year deal.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #254: Jan 26, 2015 06:27:08 pm
      I don't know mate, we delayed signing him due to a serious back injury where he was in a brace for 6 months.  Under any other circumstances I'd agree with you on the 5 year deal.

Maybe a 4 year deal then, but the point is we would know if his contract was running out. The fact we haven't heard anything is good news. He isn't a youth player. The echo and such would include him in their features.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #255: Jan 26, 2015 06:37:03 pm
      Maybe a 4 year deal then, but the point is we would know if his contract was running out. The fact we haven't heard anything is good news. He isn't a youth player. The echo and such would include him in their features.

This is true and he did do an interview before Christmas saying he's fighting hard for a place with our 1st team, which can only be next season as his loan is till May.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #256: Jan 29, 2015 01:35:04 pm
      hope he gets a good run in the team next season, or at least be loaned out for half a season to a premier league team so we can see how he handles the prem
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #257: Feb 01, 2015 03:47:13 pm
      Code: [Select]
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHiWF-he_LE
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #258: Feb 01, 2015 03:47:51 pm
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #259: Feb 01, 2015 03:51:48 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #260: Feb 21, 2015 03:12:15 pm
      Just put Brighton 1-0 up against Birmingham
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #261: Feb 21, 2015 04:22:42 pm
      he just got his 2nd to make it 3-1
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #262: Feb 21, 2015 04:41:21 pm
      Nice :D

Coutinho/Sterling > Lallana > Teixeira > Alberto.... I think that's all of our #10s?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #263: Feb 21, 2015 04:43:38 pm
      He looks one hell of an athlete this young man.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #264: Feb 21, 2015 04:49:50 pm
      He looks one hell of an athlete this young man.

Watched him a few times for Brighton this season, he does his fair share of tracking back and is quite strong :D His footballing ability was never in question, so playing in the Championship seems to be doing him the world of good, in terms of fitness, physicality and defensive work.

I hope we take a gamble on him, I really like him!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #265: Feb 21, 2015 04:54:27 pm
      Watched him a few times for Brighton this season, he does his fair share of tracking back and is quite strong :D His footballing ability was never in question, so playing in the Championship seems to be doing him the world of good, in terms of fitness, physicality and defensive work.

I hope so too. I can only take the word from the likes of you as I've seen little but everything I hear is very positive. And the Brighton fans love him it seems.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #266: Feb 21, 2015 04:57:46 pm
      Another 2 goals. I don't think he has much of a chance here on account of his age, but he is doing his best to prove me wrong.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #267: Feb 21, 2015 05:10:13 pm
      Now has 5 goals and an assist in 7 games when playing as their #10.

Compared to 12 apps, 1 goal and 1 assist when playing on the right or left

They should probably play him central more often.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #268: Feb 21, 2015 05:36:45 pm

I just can't see that happening PM mate.

I had high hopes for the lad but, I think he's too 'old' to come back here and make an impression on Brendan. I think his future lies elsewhere, whether that be at a high flying Championship side or a low to mid level Premier League, I don't know. More likely it'll be abroad.

He's got the taste now for first team action and I just can't see him being happy to settle for a place on the bench (if he's lucky) if he were to come back here. 

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #269: Feb 21, 2015 06:19:46 pm
      I don't think he's too old, he might just be right. I remember someone's breakdown on here was solid, he mentioned that Suso took up 'the' young attacker position we could afford to give in the squad of 25 I think it was. We all assumed he'd be here next season but he's gone now, leaving that slot open for Joao Carlos. I think he's more a BR type of attacker who seems to want to run and can make those intelligent runs to either score or provide the opening. Big pre-season with us could go a long way to deciding where he plays his football next season?
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #270: Feb 22, 2015 10:42:32 am
      reading the papers this morning looks like he got man of the match
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #271: Feb 22, 2015 11:21:58 am
      22 and too old? Don't be silly, he has plenty of time to prove himself and make the step up, I agree that a big pre season for him could catapult him up the pecking order.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #272: Feb 22, 2015 02:03:16 pm
      22 and too old? Don't be silly, he has plenty of time to prove himself and make the step up, I agree that a big pre season for him could catapult him up the pecking order.

I don't think a good pre season would catapult him up the pecking order. We have Sterling, Lallana & Coutinho ahead of him. I really can't see Rodgers choosing him over those players. I think Teixeira will leave this summer, same with Alberto. But like I said before, I hope we take a gamble.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #273: Feb 22, 2015 03:17:49 pm
      I don't think a good pre season would catapult him up the pecking order. We have Sterling, Lallana & Coutinho ahead of him. I really can't see Rodgers choosing him over those players. I think Teixeira will leave this summer, same with Alberto. But like I said before, I hope we take a gamble.

And his contract is up next year too. I haven't seen or heard of any rumours with regards to a new deal and as you've quite rightly pointed out PM, we've already got players here that fill his position. Not to mention the others that we have been rumoured with also coming in.

I don't know what his full remit was for going to Brighton but I suspect a large part of it was to get himself in the shopping window for perspective clubs. And in that he's done himself no harm whatsoever in that respect. He's firmly on the radar now and bound to have caught the attention of some clubs. Moreover, he's playing with a smile in his face now too.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #274: Feb 22, 2015 04:04:39 pm
      sometimes players can be good but not good enough. I get the feelin that will be the story with this lad. I know he's been unlucky with injuries but how many players are at the bottom of the championship at 22 and go on to play for a Champions League club?
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,190 posts | 1271 
      Reply #275: Feb 22, 2015 05:13:10 pm

There this obsession in England that if you are past 18 and haven't made a name for yourself then you are finished.

Awful attitude to take from some people.

Quick Reply