Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)

Read 95441 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)
      Reply #368: Jul 24, 2015 11:09:49 am
      He's an underrated talent and this season he should be part of the squad, he's old enough and quality.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #369: Jul 24, 2015 11:28:18 pm
      He's an underrated talent and this season he should be part of the squad, he's old enough and quality.

I agree but get the feeling he wont play as much as we'd like.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #370: Jul 24, 2015 11:45:05 pm
      I agree but get the feeling he wont play as much as we'd like.

Him or Sakho unfortunately.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #371: Jul 25, 2015 10:22:33 pm
      Exclusive: Joao Teixeira - I know the manager is watching, I must take my chance to impress him

It was a moment of true class which delighted the fanatical Malaysian crowd at the Bukit Jalil National Stadium. Spotting Felda United’s keeper off his line in Thursday’s practice match in Kuala Lumpur, Liverpool’s Joao Carlos Teixeira executed a perfect 40-yard lob before being mobbed by his team-mates.

“It was a nice goal to score,” a beaming Teixeira told the ECHO above the din.

"I saw that the goalkeeper wasn’t in a great position and I was pleased to see it go in.The support we have here is beautiful and it’s great to play in front of them.”

The fact that Teixeira is back playing at all is impressive enough considering he broke his leg just over three months ago. The Portugal Under-21s international was stretchered off after a challenge from Huddersfield’s Nahki Wells while playing for Brighton in April. That brought a promising season-long loan spell in the Championship to an abrupt conclusion. The attacking midfielder returned to Merseyside and plans for a summer holiday were shelved as he focused on doing his rehabilitation and getting back ahead of schedule.

“I fractured my fibula and damaged two ankle ligaments so it was a tough time,” Teixeira said.

“I had surgery and then my summer was spent with the Liverpool physios trying to get back fit as quickly as I possibly could. I didn’t have a holiday, I just spent the time getting fit. I knew how important this pre-season period would be and I didn’t want to miss the tour.”

Teixeira is desperate to show Brendan Rodgers how much his season on the south coast aided his development. He scored six goals in 35 appearances for Brighton and was crowned their Young Player of the Year. He also picked up Liverpool Academy’s Players’ Player of the Year award.

“I played 45 minutes in Bangkok and then to get an hour in the training match was good,” he said.

“I am very happy to be back at Liverpool and wearing the shirt again. Getting some minutes is important. I really want to prove I can be a player for this club. I improved a lot last season. The Championship is a really physical and quick league. As a young player it was good for me to play against so many experienced players.”

Teixeira cost the Reds £800,000 from Sporting Lisbon in 2012. He made the leap from the Kirby Academy to Melwood prior to Rodgers handing him a first-team debut against Fulham in February 2014. Now 22, he’s aware the clock is ticking. This is a make or break season for him with Liverpool. Competition for places is intense but Teixeira wants to stay put and realise his Anfield dream.

“This is my third year here and it’s a big season for me,” he said.

“I really want this. I want to play for Liverpool. I am working hard, waiting for my chance and when it comes I’ll do everything I can to take it. I haven’t spoken to the manager much yet about where I fit into his plans but hopefully when I get back to Liverpool we’ll have time to speak about that. I know all the minutes I get and all the training, the manager is watching. I do whatever I can to impress him.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/exclusive-joao-teixeira-know-manager-9719845
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #372: Jul 25, 2015 10:31:49 pm
      Seems like he's got the right attitude.

Many comparisons to Suso, but many reports suggest he has a terrible attitude. Evident in the fact that he is sinking without a trace at Milan.

With the right amount of talent and the desire, he should hopefully earn his place in the squad.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #373: Jul 25, 2015 10:46:31 pm
      Teixeira (had to check the spelling) from what I've seen can play two different ways, he's good when things are close and he can ping balls at will ala [insert example]. Now, I'm not privy to how he is in training or if Brendan has a problem with his attitude.
      I feel as strongly about this kids prospects as Ibe, I didn't feel that strongly when Sterling come into the team but I'm not going to say he didn't work some wonders. It's all a bonus, at least the academy did capture and is? Capturing future talent.

In our lucrative but not willing to out-do the nutter bids from other teams club policy, the academy is essential.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #374: Jul 30, 2015 09:56:22 pm
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #375: Jul 31, 2015 02:00:51 pm
      good little player we have here, i would try loaning him out to a championship side this season for a full season and if he continues to blossom he could be competition for a starting 11 place.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #376: Jul 31, 2015 04:03:37 pm
      good little player we have here, i would try loaning him out to a championship side this season for a full season and if he continues to blossom he could be competition for a starting 11 place.

Isn't he of age though? he must be getting on a bit now. He's wasted here- if he gets loaned out again, this guy is a talent. Our loss if he's not in the seasons squad. Feel a bit bad for the lad tbh.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #377: Jul 31, 2015 04:08:25 pm

Seems pointless loaning him to another Championship team, by the time he gets back from that loan he'd be 23.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #378: Aug 03, 2015 06:05:24 am
      He's worthy of the bench in my opinion. Would be very disappointed to see him loaned out at this stage.

Has he not got long on his contract left either?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #379: Aug 03, 2015 06:41:13 am

This is his last year.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #380: Aug 03, 2015 11:55:18 am

Thought as much. Needs to be tied up.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #381: Aug 03, 2015 11:57:31 am
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #382: Aug 03, 2015 12:06:33 pm
      He must have about 4 assists this pre-season. Decent amount considering the amount of minutes he's had. I think only Henderson has as much or more.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #383: Aug 03, 2015 12:42:53 pm
      Lets hope he's not another Suso he seems to be a better player but we all know how good Suso looked on the frindges of the 1st team and its only since moving on has he not developed further. He could be a real top player if managed correctly as from what we've seen of him with the 1st team he's a confident lad who wants the ball all the time, coming short asking for it etc. Loan him out to Championship/newly promoted side for a season with the breif of be ready to fight for a 1st team place next summer.
      Top little player in the making.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6368 
      Reply #384: Aug 03, 2015 02:15:15 pm
      Lets hope he's not another Suso he seems to be a better player but we all know how good Suso looked on the frindges of the 1st team and its only since moving on has he not developed further. He could be a real top player if managed correctly as from what we've seen of him with the 1st team he's a confident lad who wants the ball all the time, coming short asking for it etc. Loan him out to Championship/newly promoted side for a season with the breif of be ready to fight for a 1st team place next summer.
      Top little player in the making.

I don't know why you keep saying this. What's a loan at a Championship side going to do for him? In all honesty if Coutinho wasn't here I could see Tex getting a lot of playing time. Even with Coutinho here it's likely he may get a lot of time in the cup games and Europa.

If he's going to make it for us his time is now. He's 22..it's not like he's 18 just breaking into the first team.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #385: Aug 03, 2015 02:34:14 pm
      Pointless sending him out on loan, he's 22 now with just 1 year left on his contract.  He's a good enough player to contribute here and with Allens injury yesterday he's moved up the pecking order to get gametime.

Sort out his contract, let him stay and play as a starter in the CC and EL and be on the bench for the league.  He can cover Cou's position when/if he needs resting, the left midfield spot and if necessary the cm spots.

Technically he's on the same level as Suso but has made a bigger impact on games when he's played which is exactly what he needed to do this pre season.  He's a determined lad who's willing to learn, improve his all round game but unlike Suso isn't demanding playing time.  He knows he has to work damned hard and fight for a place rather than stamp his feet and make threats.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #386: Aug 03, 2015 06:37:43 pm
      I wouldn't like to think he'd be leaving on loan again. He's ready for a few games.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #387: Aug 03, 2015 08:57:45 pm
      Was putting in some good free kicks against Swindon but for some reason we had nobody attacking them!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #388: Aug 03, 2015 09:04:24 pm
      Was putting in some good free kicks against Swindon but for some reason we had nobody attacking them!

Be nice if he gave Hendo some lessons!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #389: Aug 03, 2015 09:09:39 pm
      Be nice if he gave Hendo some lessons!

Irrelevant if we aren't going to start attacking the deliveries.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #390: Aug 03, 2015 09:11:57 pm
      Irrelevant if we aren't going to start attacking the deliveries.

Maybe because our players are use to poor deliveries :(

Quick Reply