Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)

Read 94792 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)
      Reply #414: Sep 04, 2015 03:49:14 am
      Suso, Pacheco and now Tex.

3 players with similar attributes looking to be binned by Brendan.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #415: Sep 04, 2015 07:56:27 am
      Suso, Pacheco and now Tex.

3 players with similar attributes looking to be binned by Brendan.

Suso and especially Pacheco are not good players

crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #416: Sep 14, 2015 06:00:10 am
      If this guy goes I'd be so upset. We are missing creativity in the middle why not play him?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #417: Sep 14, 2015 10:42:37 am
      Will he have enough character to be teachers pet, that's the question.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #418: Oct 01, 2015 04:22:47 pm
      Teixeira: I'll get my Liverpool FC chance

Joao Carlos Teixeira has revealed how a heart to heart with Brendan Rodgers reassured him that he will get opportunities at Liverpool this season. Many of the Reds’ most gifted youngsters went out on loan over the summer but the Portuguese attacking midfielder stayed put after discussions with the manager.

“I had a chat with Brendan during the summer and in that conversation he told me that I could have my chances here,” Teixeira said.

“What I am trying to do is make sure that I am on top of my game.There are so many games to play over the course of the season in the Premier League, Europa League, FA Cup and League Cup, so I’m hopeful that I will get some chances and the opportunity to play minutes in some of these games.”

The 22-year-old, who cost the Reds £800,000 from Sporting Lisbon in 2012, made the leap from the Kirby Academy to Melwood prior to Rodgers handing him a first-team debut against Fulham in February 2014.Teixeira spent last season on loan at Brighton where he scored six goals in 35 appearances in all competitions.

“It was very good for me because it gave me the chance to play regular football in the Championship,” he said.

“I played 32 league games, I scored goals and I made assists, so it gave me an opportunity to show what I can do on the pitch and it helped me to improve. It was good for me to learn under Sami Hyypia and then Chris Hughton. It was very good because I was named as the Young Player of the Year at Brighton which was a very nice way to finish off my time there. Then when I came back I received Liverpool’s Academy Player of the Year award too so it was a good season for me. It’s always pleasing to have people recognise what you have done.”

His progress was halted back in April when he suffered a broken leg after a challenge from Huddersfield’s Nahki Wells. He returned to Merseyside and worked tirelessly over the summer to get back fit prior to the pre-season tour of the Far East and Australia.

“I got very scared at the beginning but I was fortunate that I had the right treatment from everyone here at Liverpool,”he said,

“The doctor and physios helped me a lot and that meant I was able to make a quick recovery. I put in a lot of work over the summer because my aim was to get back quick and well from the injury.I missed last pre-season because I was injured so I was determined not to miss this one too. It was a chance to show to Brendan that I can play here. The tour was a great experience. It was very good starting the first game in Thailand. I gave two assists and I was very happy about that.”

Teixeira wasn’t named in Liverpool’s Europa League squad so is ineligible for tonight’s group game with FC Sion at Anfield.However, he has been training with the first team at Melwood and showcased his qualities for Liverpool Under-21s in their win over St Helens on Monday night. Now he’s dreaming of proving to Rodgers he merits a home debut over the coming weeks and months.

“I have been on the bench at Anfield before, but I have never played for the first team there,” he said.

“Anfield is a special stadium with special fans and the atmosphere you feel there is different to any other stadium in the world so I certainly have hopes of playing at Anfield this year. I want to play as many games as I can for Liverpool, be part of the team and try to help them to win as many games as possible.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/teixeira-ill-liverpool-fc-chance-10169144
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #419: Oct 01, 2015 04:32:55 pm
      Teixeira: I'll get my Liverpool FC chance

Joao Carlos Teixeira has revealed how a heart to heart with Brendan Rodgers reassured him that he will get opportunities at Liverpool this season. Many of the Reds’ most gifted youngsters went out on loan over the summer but the Portuguese attacking midfielder stayed put after discussions with the manager.

“I had a chat with Brendan during the summer and in that conversation he told me that I could have my chances here,” Teixeira said.

“What I am trying to do is make sure that I am on top of my game.There are so many games to play over the course of the season in the Premier League, Europa League, FA Cup and League Cup, so I’m hopeful that I will get some chances and the opportunity to play minutes in some of these games.”

The 22-year-old, who cost the Reds £800,000 from Sporting Lisbon in 2012, made the leap from the Kirby Academy to Melwood prior to Rodgers handing him a first-team debut against Fulham in February 2014.Teixeira spent last season on loan at Brighton where he scored six goals in 35 appearances in all competitions.

“It was very good for me because it gave me the chance to play regular football in the Championship,” he said.

“I played 32 league games, I scored goals and I made assists, so it gave me an opportunity to show what I can do on the pitch and it helped me to improve. It was good for me to learn under Sami Hyypia and then Chris Hughton. It was very good because I was named as the Young Player of the Year at Brighton which was a very nice way to finish off my time there. Then when I came back I received Liverpool’s Academy Player of the Year award too so it was a good season for me. It’s always pleasing to have people recognise what you have done.”

His progress was halted back in April when he suffered a broken leg after a challenge from Huddersfield’s Nahki Wells. He returned to Merseyside and worked tirelessly over the summer to get back fit prior to the pre-season tour of the Far East and Australia.

“I got very scared at the beginning but I was fortunate that I had the right treatment from everyone here at Liverpool,”he said,

“The doctor and physios helped me a lot and that meant I was able to make a quick recovery. I put in a lot of work over the summer because my aim was to get back quick and well from the injury.I missed last pre-season because I was injured so I was determined not to miss this one too. It was a chance to show to Brendan that I can play here. The tour was a great experience. It was very good starting the first game in Thailand. I gave two assists and I was very happy about that.”

Teixeira wasn’t named in Liverpool’s Europa League squad so is ineligible for tonight’s group game with FC Sion at Anfield.However, he has been training with the first team at Melwood and showcased his qualities for Liverpool Under-21s in their win over St Helens on Monday night. Now he’s dreaming of proving to Rodgers he merits a home debut over the coming weeks and months.

“I have been on the bench at Anfield before, but I have never played for the first team there,” he said.

“Anfield is a special stadium with special fans and the atmosphere you feel there is different to any other stadium in the world so I certainly have hopes of playing at Anfield this year. I want to play as many games as I can for Liverpool, be part of the team and try to help them to win as many games as possible.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/teixeira-ill-liverpool-fc-chance-10169144

Out on loan soon, you can just see it!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #420: Oct 01, 2015 04:53:00 pm
      Out on loan soon, you can just see it!!

agreed, the phrase 'could get a chance' are pretty striking
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #421: Oct 01, 2015 06:54:12 pm
      If he doesn't start tonight I'll be a bit flabbergasted.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #422: Oct 01, 2015 06:57:57 pm
      If he doesn't start tonight I'll be a bit flabbergasted.

Can't play mate as he's not been registered.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #423: Oct 01, 2015 06:58:52 pm
      Can't play mate as he's not been registered.

Ok, then color me flabbergasted as to why he wasn't registered then?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #424: Oct 01, 2015 07:03:29 pm
      Ok, then color me flabbergasted as to why he wasn't registered then?

We have no club trained over age 21 players now Gerrard has gone, so our squad is reduced to 21 players plus 4 youth players (under 21). Tex is over age 21 so wasn't registered.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #425: Oct 01, 2015 07:26:14 pm
      What's this guy got to do to get a game when some of the sh*te ahead of him seem undroppable.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #426: Oct 01, 2015 07:29:04 pm
      What's this guy got to do to get a game when some of the sh*te ahead of him seem undroppable.

Another one likely to be loaned out soon seeing as though Rodgers did not sign him but no worries we have the creative skills of Milner and Allen.........
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #427: Oct 01, 2015 07:35:38 pm
      Another one likely to be loaned out soon seeing as though Rodgers did not sign him but no worries we have the creative skills of Milner and Allen.........
      He will most probably be sold rather than loaned again.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #428: Oct 01, 2015 09:09:21 pm
      just speechless watching our midfield tonight vs Sion and Tex not even registered, all the best in your new club Tex hope you succeed has a footballer
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,114 posts | 4878 
      Reply #429: Oct 01, 2015 11:41:26 pm
      He'll never play for us under this manager.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #430: Oct 02, 2015 01:03:34 am
      Disgraceful treatment.

Can just picture Brendan explaining to Tex that he does not fit into the 2-1 1-2 trio like he invented the F***ing gesture.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,114 posts | 4878 
      Reply #431: Oct 02, 2015 11:58:30 am
      Disgraceful treatment.

Can just picture Brendan explaining to Tex that he does not fit into the 2-1 1-2 trio like he invented the F***ing gesture.

Even when he does fit into it.

I'm struggling to think now in the manager's 3+ seasons what young players he has actually developed?
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #432: Oct 17, 2015 02:42:25 pm
      OMG!!! So good to see Teixeira on the bench today fingers crossed that he see some game time in the cups this season
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #433: Oct 17, 2015 02:48:07 pm
      Wrong game for him to play today but he brings plenty to the table in a midfield that lacks a proper ball carrier and creator higher up the pitch.

Hopefully he gets some games as the season goes on.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #434: Oct 17, 2015 03:17:36 pm
      Would be nice to see him get a run out soon.
      dflfc1
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts | 18 
      Reply #435: Oct 27, 2015 09:55:04 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #436: Oct 28, 2015 10:14:30 pm
      Delighted for this lad, very close to MotM for me and seeing him get plenty of votes for it. Was really, really good. Composed, technically superb, getting stuck in, plenty of pressing, movement off the ball was delightful and arriving in the box at the right dangerous moments.

Certainly isn't scared of getting in beyond the last man and some brilliant set pieces. No reason why he shouldn't be vying for a starting shirt, well in young fella, did yourself and us proud!

Quick Reply