Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)

Read 95466 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)
      Reply #437: Oct 28, 2015 10:17:51 pm
      Milner could learn how to take decent set pieces from this lad
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #438: Oct 28, 2015 10:26:44 pm
      Delighted for this lad, very close to MotM for me and seeing him get plenty of votes for it. Was really, really good. Composed, technically superb, getting stuck in, plenty of pressing, movement off the ball was delightful and arriving in the box at the right dangerous moments.

Certainly isn't scared of getting in beyond the last man and some brilliant set pieces. No reason why he shouldn't be vying for a starting shirt, well in young fella, did yourself and us proud!

Fantastic to hear that he did well Luke, I've been waiting 3 years to see his full debut and I'm gutted I've missed it.  Could never understand why Brendan didn't play him but hopefully he'll get more chances now if he did well.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #439: Oct 28, 2015 10:28:59 pm
      Fantastic to hear that he did well Luke, I've been waiting 3 years to see his full debut and I'm gutted I've missed it.  Could never understand why Brendan didn't play him but hopefully he'll get more chances now if he did well.

Same Debs. It's a little strange that he seemed to be one of my favourite players before he'd even started a game :D

The mancs have gone to pens!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #440: Oct 28, 2015 10:31:50 pm

Agreed, frustrated me no end that. You'll have a grin from ear to ear when you get to watch the match Debs, enjoy.

Same Debs. It's a little strange that he seemed to be one of my favourite players before he'd even started a game :D

Yeah odd one that about him being one of the favourites and considering he cost so little coming in, just that star quality aura, it's pretty easy to spot.

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #441: Oct 28, 2015 10:36:52 pm
      Said this lad was a player the one and only time he played for us.

Proof to me that Brendan was stealing a living not giving him a proper chance in the side and spending money on players who were gash in comparison.

Well in young Joao!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #442: Oct 28, 2015 10:45:14 pm
      Really like Teixeria, thought he had a good game, but didn't think he was involved as much as he should have been. Of course, that wasn't his fault as he was played in a left midfielder/wide attack role, but when called upon, he had moments :) Still lacking in match sharpness and experience, but when/if that comes, he has the potential to be a hell of a player.

To see the best in Teixeria, we need to see him in the middle as a #10, he needs to be involved on a constant basis, but it's quite a predicament when we have, Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino :( I just hope Klopp will allow Tex to build from this and start trusting this kid more.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #443: Oct 28, 2015 10:46:42 pm

I could never decide whether it was his footy I liked watching or just him.  He's dreamily divine   ;D

Agreed, frustrated me no end that. You'll have a grin from ear to ear when you get to watch the match Debs, enjoy.

Yeah odd one that about him being one of the favourites and considering he cost so little coming in, just that star quality aura, it's pretty easy to spot.

He's so easy on the eye mate, such silky skills, always so much time on the ball and unlike Suso who a lot of people likened him to, he makes things happen.

I'm looking forward to watching it at weekend mate  ;D

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #444: Oct 28, 2015 11:36:38 pm
      Well done to the lad. The test for him is to break into the team and unlike similar players to him in our recent past (suso) do enough to stay there.

Under Klopp it's an open door for the younger/ less experienced lads so his chance is there if he can take it.

Today he has certainly done himself a lot of good  :)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #445: Oct 29, 2015 06:23:47 am
      What a backheel, pity it didn't cross line.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #446: Oct 29, 2015 02:11:24 pm
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #447: Oct 29, 2015 02:42:53 pm

Nice to see again how well he played last night. I wouldn't say I have followed his Liverpool career closely, but he is one that I wanted to see in the first team from the time he signed. We managed to get him for peanuts as Sporting Lisbon were in financial difficulties at the time. Let's hope he kicks on and continues to impress.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #448: Oct 29, 2015 02:47:33 pm
      Don't think he was anything special or really stood out. Came away disappointed that he wasn't more involved.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #449: Oct 29, 2015 03:32:44 pm
      Don't think he was anything special or really stood out. Came away disappointed that he wasn't more involved.

If you can't get excited about that little flick that lead to the goal, give up watching football and find something else to do.

Takes a lot of maturity for someone young to have presence of mind to pull that off.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #450: Oct 29, 2015 04:35:14 pm
      If you can't get excited about that little flick that lead to the goal, give up watching football and find something else to do.

Takes a lot of maturity for someone young to have presence of mind to pull that off.

This.

Such a shame that it was cleared off the line. It was a magical moment.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #451: Oct 29, 2015 05:11:38 pm

Err, where did I say anything about that moment. That moment was brilliant and had it come off it would have been one of the goals of the season. I said I don't think he was anything special. That refers to his performance as a whole. He had a couple of nice moments, but his entire performance on the night didn't show enough to make me think that Teixeira was someone who really had put himself in contention to get more minutes.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #452: Oct 29, 2015 05:15:47 pm

Err, where did I say anything about that moment. That moment was brilliant and had it come off it would have been one of the goals of the season. I said I don't think he was anything special. That refers to his performance as a whole. He had a couple of nice moments, but his entire performance on the night didn't show enough to make me think that Teixeira was someone who really had put himself in contention to get more minutes.

He made enough of an impression to suggest he can be relied on coming off the bench or if injuries occur to our attacking kids.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #453: Oct 29, 2015 05:18:42 pm
      He made enough of an impression to suggest he can be relied on coming off the bench or if injuries occur to our attacking kids.

Yeah, that I'd agree with. I wouldn't want him starting games for us that aren't cup games though. baffling he was left out of the Europa league squad as that would've been perfect for him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #454: Oct 29, 2015 07:06:30 pm

He needs  to play to improve and I didnt see anything last night that makes me feel he couldn't cope in any of our games what a pity he hasnt had more chances . What the lad did with the back heel proves he is a natural footballer who also has a brain and we need some brains in this team.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #455: Oct 30, 2015 12:18:12 pm

Yeah, that I'd agree with. I wouldn't want him starting games for us that aren't cup games though. baffling he was left out of the Europa league squad as that would've been perfect for him.

Not baffling at all.

Brendan Rodgers decisions, the same buffoon that loaned him out the year before to Brighton, when he was ready to kick on.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #456: Oct 30, 2015 03:04:27 pm
      Not baffling at all.

Brendan Rodgers decisions, the same buffoon that loaned him out the year before to Brighton, when he was ready to kick on.

Any need to insult the previous manager?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,227 posts | 4921 
      Reply #457: Oct 30, 2015 10:41:15 pm
      Any need to insult the previous manager?

Bloody hell mate there was a hell of a lot worse said about him when he actually was our manager so I think HR can make this point as it was a stupid decision.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #458: Oct 30, 2015 11:19:05 pm
      Bloody hell mate there was a hell of a lot worse said about him when he actually was our manager so I think HR can make this point as it was a stupid decision.

Yet say something similar about Rafa and receive a torrent of protest and abuse. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,227 posts | 4921 
      Reply #459: Oct 31, 2015 12:10:52 am
      Yet say something similar about Rafa and receive a torrent of protest and abuse. 

Maybe 'we're' more protecetive over those that have brought success to the club mate?  ;)

Quick Reply