Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)

Read 95333 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Joao Carlos Teixeira (Liverpool > Porto)
      Reply #460: Oct 31, 2015 12:21:57 am
      Maybe 'we're' more protecetive over those that have brought success to the club mate?  ;)

Or maybe just hypocrites :)

I personally don't like insulting any of our managers (although I occasionally have )... even Hodgson, although I don't mind using their records against them ... which I often have.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #461: Oct 31, 2015 07:36:38 am

More likely  ;D

verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #462: Nov 19, 2015 07:28:41 pm
      wanted by Brighton again for the 2nd half of the season on loan
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #463: Nov 19, 2015 08:22:53 pm
      wanted by Brighton again for the 2nd half of the season on loan

Still gutted he's not in our Europa League squad, he may need to go out on loan just to get minutes even though I believe he's damn near ready to make his break through. I'd love to think Jürgen has the confidence to throw him in for some first team appearances though because I think those minutes could be a really good investment for our future.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #464: Nov 19, 2015 09:56:24 pm
      Still gutted he's not in our Europa League squad, he may need to go out on loan just to get minutes even though I believe he's damn near ready to make his break through. I'd love to think Jürgen has the confidence to throw him in for some first team appearances though because I think those minutes could be a really good investment for our future.

Because he wouldn't sign a contract I heard? Don't blame him by the way if true.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #465: Nov 19, 2015 10:03:56 pm
      Because he wouldn't sign a contract I heard? Don't blame him by the way if true.

Hadn't heard that mate but I imagine and this is pure speculation on my part it's related to the chances in the first team he's been given. The lad has been here for a long time now and shown promise every time he's been involved so I sympathise.

He's an odd case because he's 22 but really he's just out of youth team level in terms of development because of the injuries he's suffered. I just hope and I do believe that Jürgen will give him more chance to progress without feeling he should be at or near his top level already.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #466: Nov 19, 2015 10:26:14 pm
      Hadn't heard that mate but I imagine and this is pure speculation on my part it's related to the chances in the first team he's been given. The lad has been here for a long time now and shown promise every time he's been involved so I sympathise.

He's an odd case because he's 22 but really he's just out of youth team level in terms of development because of the injuries he's suffered. I just hope and I do believe that Jürgen will give him more chance to progress without feeling he should be at or near his top level already.

I think he didn't want to extend because of those limited chances which then seen him not included in the Europa League squad.

He's a very classy player and it seems an age away since he destroyed us in the Next Gen thing (was it)?

One of those you really want to see make it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #467: Nov 19, 2015 10:35:47 pm
      I think he didn't want to extend because of those limited chances which then seen him not included in the Europa League squad.

He's a very classy player and it seems an age away since he destroyed us in the Next Gen thing (was it)?

One of those you really want to see make it.

Yeah it was the Next Gen series mate, loved those matches and was astonished how cheap we got him for at the time.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #468: Nov 26, 2015 03:11:10 am
      Didn't watch this game, but watching Teixeira vs, wow! So wasted playing for the U21's. How did he not get into our Europa League squad? :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGZVXxaqnPg
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #469: Nov 26, 2015 12:04:10 pm
      Didn't watch this game, but watching Teixeira vs, wow! So wasted playing for the U21's. How did he not get into our Europa League squad? :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGZVXxaqnPg

Brendan Rodgers was pissed that day.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,036 posts | 334 
      Reply #470: Nov 26, 2015 07:01:10 pm
      Well, yep Texeira's a prospect all right.  Got a kicking, which is always a sign of a player the opposition are terrified of.
      Nice to see Sunderland have got some back up for Lee Cattermole coming through the ranks!!
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #471: Nov 30, 2015 10:02:38 pm
      hope he starts v Southampton
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #472: Dec 01, 2015 09:15:48 am
      Stood out like a sore thumb in that game didn't he? I always urge caution though when you're watching such clips, 99% of the people he's playing against won't end up in the Premiership and he really SHOULD stand out.

That said those Sunderland players had it very clearly demonstrated to them exactly how big the gulf is, and our man is clearly a very talented footballer. At 22 he needs to be making the breakthrough this season or next at the latest, let's see if he does enough to firstly get a chance, then secondly if he can take it.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #473: Dec 07, 2015 08:56:04 pm
      time to put in a transfer request lad as you will not be getting game time here, very sad
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #474: Dec 07, 2015 11:04:32 pm
      Only reason I could think him not  getting a look in is his effort and application at training. Jürgen was upfront with all the youth and fringe players and everybody started from a clean slate. He even gave Joa a start and he took his chance well so it is puzzling as to why he has fallen out of favour of late.

Is he injured?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #475: Dec 08, 2015 08:14:55 am
      There is I suppose the chance that Jürgen doesn't think at this moment in time that Texeira is quite good enough for the first team. He did admittedly look very good against Sunderland under 21's, but as I said at the time so he should. Origi and Ibe would look like George Weah and John Barnes in their heyday, and  we shouldn't IMHO get too carried away.

I'm happy to trust the manager on player selection by and large. That's not to say he's not open to criticism on occasions, but "backing" the manager means in my book that you trust him. Given that, if Jürgen prefers Mignolet in the team rather than Bogdan I trust him. If he starts Milner in almost every game, ditto. Similarly, I'm pretty sure that if he thought Tex was good enough the young lad would be getting game time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #476: Dec 27, 2015 01:07:35 am
      Seems like he is not going to make it here.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #477: Dec 27, 2015 01:19:41 am
      Seems like he is not going to make it here.

Based on? He'd have been playing in the Europa League had Rodgers registered him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #478: Dec 27, 2015 01:27:11 am
      Based on? He'd have been playing in the Europa League had Rodgers registered him.

Half a season gone and he has finally appeared on the bench, but I agree re Europa League he should have been registered, just another long line of screw up's  by Rodgers

harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #479: Dec 27, 2015 02:04:50 am
      Half a season gone and he has finally appeared on the bench, but I agree re Europa League he should have been registered, just another long line of screw up's  by Rodgers

No sense in continuing to kick a dead horse.  If Tex was good enough then he'd feature in the domestic cups and or league games.  I expect this will be his last season here.....
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #480: Dec 27, 2015 09:41:55 am
      Is he condemned to being another Danny Pacheco or Kristian Nemeth? Looks good in the public eye but there must be something missing in training and behind closed doors.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #481: Dec 27, 2015 04:41:38 pm
      i think he showed that he is good enough in the display in the cup that he started this year
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #482: Dec 28, 2015 02:21:56 pm
      Not good enough? He made the bench yesterday.

He seems a talented player, but he turns 23 in 3 weeks and can't break into the team. Others his age (Flano, Gomez, Ibe, Coutinho, Origi, Moreno, Can, and Clyne) seem miles ahead of him. There has to be a reason that Klopp isn't selecting him, and the only one I can come up with is that he just isn't good enough....

Quick Reply