Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabio Capello Resigns

Read 7892 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Fabio Capello Resigns
      Reply #23: Feb 08, 2012 08:18:15 pm
      I would expect Mourinho to be linked with the job there. I hope it doesn't happen though.
      Can't see it myself mate, but wouldn't rule it out, bog eyed Moyes would be a good shout, maybe even Ancelotti ?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #24: Feb 08, 2012 08:18:49 pm
      AS usual they have been made to look cu*ts for which they are , egotistical fckwits , who have greased their way onto positions , but know fck all about the game. Nearly pissed my pants when i saw Woy,s name ,just imagine the liverpool players rolling up for training , tell us now woy what have you learnt in the past 12 -14 months. Answers on a postcard please.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #25: Feb 08, 2012 08:19:30 pm
      Sh#tting myself comrades - they must be after the King, who else is there? Anyone think he'd go? Must be his dream surely?

:f_tongueincheek:
      That's gotta be a wind up, must be with the tongue in cheek thing there. Being a Scot yaself you could no doubt insert an appropiate reply from Kenny.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #26: Feb 08, 2012 08:20:58 pm
      He was a winner though Diego who had effective ideas. Just that the English game didn't want it. It's only when Capello turned international tournaments into jobs, not tabloid chasing publicity holidays that it all went tits up. The English game can't handle supreme professionalism/order.

Yeah I know mate, I'm not agreeing with the FA either, I just don't think Capello's appointment was a wise decision. CBF (Brazilian FA) is an even bigger joke than the FA, president Ricardo Teixeira would be better suited to a mafia movie than football, but the country has done fairly well during his time in the job (3 WC finals, 2 WC titles), because the players and managers talent overcame those problems. The FA cannot be an excuse for Capello's failures. The way England played in the World Cup was an absolute joke.

I wish the FA could realize that appointing foreign managers isn't revolutionary in itself. Capello is a winner, but he's nothing but a continuation of England's football historic pragmatism. For example, Capello won La Liga for Real Madrid but was still sacked at the end of the season, because his team was boring... that says a lot.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #27: Feb 08, 2012 08:25:01 pm
      Can't see it myself mate, but wouldn't rule it out, bog eyed Moyes would be a good shout, maybe even Ancelotti ?

Agree about Moyes. Not so sure about Ancelotti as he is new at PSG and they now have cash to burn so he probably wants to give that a good crack.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #28: Feb 08, 2012 08:25:59 pm
      Yeah I know mate, I'm not agreeing with the FA either, I just don't think Capello's appointment was a wise decision. CBF (Brazilian FA) is an even bigger joke than the FA, president Ricardo Teixeira would be better suited to a mafia movie than football, but the country has done fairly well during his time in the job (3 WC finals, 2 WC titles), because the players and managers talent overcame those problems. The FA cannot be an excuse for Capello's failures. The way England played in the World Cup was an absolute joke.

I wish the FA could realize that appointing foreign managers isn't revolutionary in itself. Capello is a winner, but he's nothing but a continuation of England's football historic pragmatism. For example, Capello won La Liga for Real Madrid but was still sacked at the end of the season, because his team was boring... that says a lot.

Capello was by no means at fault for their shockingly poor 2010 World Cup performance. But let's remember before then everything was doing well. It's just that when it came to the point to be really serious and professional, the England players could not set themselves to that standard. They acted like petulant children because of the rules set up. I would quite frankly put the whole England team into a darkened room and subject them to white noise for consecutive days because that's what they deserve!

Also notice it's all centred around John Terry again. That man probably prevents world peace.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #29: Feb 08, 2012 08:26:23 pm
      That's gotta be a wind up, must be with the tongue in cheek thing there. Being a Scot yaself you could no doubt insert an appropiate reply from Kenny.
      Being a wee Jock masel i'll answer for ye, would it be 'F**k OFF' you were looking for ?

some said once that being told to F**k off by a Scotsman makes you look forward to the journey,i can only wonder what they mean !  :f_whistle:
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #30: Feb 08, 2012 08:27:07 pm
      The best manager this club's ever had in some peoples eyes is free ! Rafa anyone ?
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31: Feb 08, 2012 08:27:31 pm
      Rafa at Tottenham? Hope not.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #32: Feb 08, 2012 08:29:34 pm
      I meant England !
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #33: Feb 08, 2012 08:29:36 pm

Just for you Stuey

"England? are you winding me up son? geeza break"
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #34: Feb 08, 2012 08:30:16 pm
      Agree about Moyes. Not so sure about Ancelotti as he is new at PSG and they now have cash to burn so he probably wants to give that a good crack.
      That's true enough mate, forgot about that, there will be all sorts of names banded about including a certain Senor Benitez, a worrying thought that is  :o
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #35: Feb 08, 2012 08:31:43 pm
      All to convenient for me.

The timing is like a swiss time piece.

Terry's court case AFTER the Euro's so he can play.
      FA go behind Capello's back which they now will wind him up. (Remember, innocent until proven guilty in this country, the Courts that is not the FA)
      Harry is found not guilty.
      Capello walks/pushed.
      Exactly RP you couldn't make it up, the FA can though and see nothing wrong with adding the cocktail of F**k ups to an irreperable prevailing situation.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #36: Feb 08, 2012 08:33:02 pm
      The best manager this club's ever had in some peoples eyes is free ! Rafa anyone ?

Come on don't be silly! Rafa, like Capello, doesn't work with complete cu*ts at board level remember!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #37: Feb 08, 2012 08:34:56 pm
      Redknapp for England? He'll pay some tax on them wages!
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #38: Feb 08, 2012 08:37:34 pm
      FA and the abuse of power. The manager appoints captain, the FA strips captain. Terry is a tool, but the FA are just ridiculously clueless.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: Feb 08, 2012 08:47:49 pm
      Harry to take it part time until the end of the season, then full time once the season is over ?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #40: Feb 08, 2012 08:48:50 pm
      Harry to take it part time until the end of the season, then full time once the season is over ?

Harry will go for that... Two wages for the rest of the year..
      Bier
      Reply #41: Feb 08, 2012 08:56:42 pm
      No disrespect to any English folks on here, but I don't see why anyone would want to manage the English national team. It has to be one of the least fun magaging jobs out there with all that media sh*t going on, and then the FA pulling sh*t like this. And when someone like John Terry is the captain you know have a bad bunch. Pretty fu**ed up circumstances to perform in for a manager, the only real upside is that the money is huge.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #42: Feb 08, 2012 08:58:42 pm
      What about Howard Webb, he's done a fabulous job a United over the years ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #43: Feb 08, 2012 08:59:29 pm
      Fabio Capello and the fa have commented on his departure.

Both agreed that fault laid entirely at the door of Liverpool football club and Kenny Dalglish

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #44: Feb 08, 2012 09:02:22 pm
      Fabio Capello and the fa have commented on his departure.

Both agreed that fault laid entirely at the door of Liverpool football club and Kenny Dalglish

Are we just awaiting the 115 pages of evidence that make the crime fit the punishment and show a greater of burden of proof, albeit without any coroberating evidence?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #45: Feb 08, 2012 09:03:56 pm
      What about Howard Webb, he's done a fabulous job a United over the years ?

It wouldn't work because Slur Alex is the one who has been sponsoring his kit and stop watch. FA needs to beat that!

Quick Reply