Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Other LFC forums

Read 9109 times
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Other LFC forums
      Feb 22, 2012 07:00:43 am
      I do not know to much about rawk but i do keep a eye on the official lfc forums. The official LFC forums is rubbish they have about 15 threads of the same topic. In the transfer board they used to have My Jan threads about ten times a day.
      Does anyone pay a close eye on Rawk.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Other LFC forums
      Reply #1: Feb 22, 2012 12:02:22 pm
      No.

F**k the rest, we're the best.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2: Feb 22, 2012 12:05:25 pm
      I do, but only in small doses as the cluttered layout drives me F***ing mad.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #3: Feb 22, 2012 05:45:04 pm
       Newkit used to be a bloody good little forum with some excellent posters. Unfortunately it seemed to go a bit haywire during Benitez's last years, with moderators looking to consistently censor one side of all arguments, as well as carding anyone who supported that particular strand. My impression of RAWK (admittedly formed from only observing) is that if you don't live in Liverpool and follow the overwhelming views of the majority, not a good place to be. This is an excellent forum IMHO, and I'd be surprised if there's currently a better one.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #4: Feb 22, 2012 05:48:49 pm
      No.

And well said Ayrton   :gt-happyup:
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5: Feb 22, 2012 06:38:41 pm
      RAWK is a joke. Their moderators are god awful. If you don't agree with the masses, you'll get banned.

This is the best forum I've seen for football chatter and debate on the web. I like that it's pretty small, although I wish there was more exposure for the forum given how good some of the posting on here is and what a great job JD and the staff do.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6: Feb 22, 2012 07:09:19 pm
      Does anyone pay a close eye on Rawk.

Nah mate.

A few years back (when I was looking to join a forum) I 'scouted' a few, RAWK included, without joining and to be honest, in amongst some really good lads n ladies, it seemed to have way too many childlike, negative, dim-wits, who were way too fond of their own opinion to have reasoned discussion. Sadly the Mods there seemed to apply no rhyme nor reason to who was sanctioned - very often reprimanding the wrong poster.

At the same time I came across this forum (the only LFC one I've ever posted on) and... the rest is history. I've actually learned a lot from here and that reasonable discussion, which I was looking for, has often seen me change my opinion.

You're in the right place now.  :nod:
      « Last Edit: Feb 22, 2012 07:27:21 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #7: Feb 22, 2012 10:45:01 pm
      No.

What he said.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #8: Feb 23, 2012 11:11:10 pm
      I used to be on RAWK im ashamed to say. But then i found out its the bloody North Korea of all LFC forums.
      This forum in my opinion is the best one out there. The layout is very simple and easy to follow. There is bright colour, but it still gives out a proffesional look.

Not to mention, the ratio of rational human being:absolute fucktard is more healthier on this thread than RAWK.
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #9: Feb 23, 2012 11:52:50 pm
      i used to post on rawk until i was banned for life for committing the ultimate sin....................

i innocently went slightly off topic in the "is the next  game on tv/stream" thread and mentioned something that  was happening in the game at that moment.
      a life ban HA HA HA. ridiculous.
      i still read rawk occasionally but the thing i like about here is the mods dont seem too  trigger happy and there seems to  be little in fighting between scousers and us wooly backs unlike rawk!!!!

its a good atmosphere in  here.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10: Feb 23, 2012 11:58:25 pm
      I read other forums at times, not registered with any other though.

Although i'm registered to one for nearly every premier league club and the two scottish giants following the anne williams petition. :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11: Feb 24, 2012 12:04:39 am
      I used to like Newkit, it was an excellent forum with some great posters, but I genuinely prefer this forum now. A lot of excellent posters and a very good set up and layout to the site. I have looked at quite a few sites over the past few years and from what I have seen this is the best around.

Big thanks to the MODs and all the members for making it as good as what it is....keep up the good work.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #12: Feb 24, 2012 12:20:22 am
      i used to post on rawk until i was banned for life for committing the ultimate sin....................

i innocently went slightly off topic in the "is the next  game on tv/stream" thread and mentioned something that  was happening in the game at that moment.
      a life ban HA HA HA. ridiculous.
      i still read rawk occasionally but the thing i like about here is the mods dont seem too  trigger happy and there seems to  be little in fighting between scousers and us wooly backs unlike rawk!!!!

its a good atmosphere in  here.

Haha great example.
      Like i say "North Korea of LFC forums"
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #13: Feb 24, 2012 05:19:03 am
      I read other forums at times, not registered with any other though.

RedCafe!

Sorry, I guess you mean LFC forums! ;)
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #14: Feb 24, 2012 08:08:38 am
      Like i say "North Korea of LFC forums"

It certainly is. Alan_F once banned me for posting an article by Robert Fisk in the Independent because it didn't fit into his closed minded view of the world. Did me a favour in the long run because I found this forum when I was banned.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #15: Feb 24, 2012 11:44:45 am
      So from what a have heard
      RAWK = Communism
      Here = Democracy
      OfficialLFC forums= a place where you can do as much sh*t as you want too
      Ill stick here never really thought about going somewhere else just interested.
      This is also a great cost, know what the official charge what do RAWK
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #16: Mar 05, 2012 07:51:30 pm
      Been trying to register on RAWK since they opened registration again last week (it had been shut for a a period before then everytime I went to register)

E-mailed them asking for an authorisation code to register 3 times since last week and not a single reply. Even asked on my last e-mail of there was a problem as registration is open but no one is giving me a code to register.

Wanted to register with them to use the ticket exchange forum so a bit frustrated.

Anyone experienced similar or any ideas as to why registration would be opened but you can't register?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #17: Mar 11, 2012 09:47:35 pm
      Just checked RAWK for the first time ever and can't for the life of me understand why there are so many more users over on that forum then this, our forum has a much better layout and had top quality posters on here, is it not obvious this forum is the place to be.
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #18: Mar 11, 2012 09:49:33 pm
      Never got a reply from them last weekend to any of the 3 e-mails I sent asking for an auth code to register so they can forget it now.

This forums much better anyway.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #19: Mar 11, 2012 09:55:42 pm
      Flirted with RAWK meself when I joined this one.

No competition - as already pointed out, this has a far better layout.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #20: Mar 12, 2012 04:40:43 pm
      I use this and LFC Online.
      Flash McGear
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #21: Mar 13, 2012 03:35:07 pm
      Been with Newkit for some years, a good forum. Just starting to expand my horizons by exploring this place. So far it looks good, despite some of the self congratulary back slapping  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #22: Apr 02, 2012 02:36:28 pm
      I'm on the official website with 3,500 posts. Its a bit of a joke in Transfer talk but there is one good thread in LFC TRansfer Rumours  8)

FD is very repetitive.
      liverbirdie
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #23: Apr 03, 2012 09:31:01 am
      Been on RAWK for quite a few years...enjoying this one a lot more
      brooks
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #24: May 24, 2012 02:04:19 pm
      Almost ex RAWKITE myself - granted, my posts were never ground-breaking, but been there from the very start (10-12 years, something like that?). It's turned into a freaking nightmare site of almost religious control. Yeah, we can all talk crap at times, but not everybody lives in L1 and can make it to the game, or a pub - so we like to join like minded folk and talk sh*t (some more than others which is fine by me)., god forbid, but even during a game!!!!But the way it's been run over the past few years.....per above, very cliquey and narrow minded with too heavy handed censorship (had many a post strangely deleted).
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #25: Aug 06, 2012 11:05:29 am
      I know who one of the Mods is, he's an arrogant bell who seems to think he is famous.

He's not.

Very arrogant bunch over there.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #26: Aug 06, 2012 11:25:38 am
      This was the first LFC forum I registered with. Heard people talking about RAWK on here and had a look, and registered. Think I have 4 posts in 3 years there? Some very aggressive posts from the "elite" posters and if you don't agree you get cut to bits with  nonsensical replies, but everyone will agree with them because you're just a newbie or an OOT.

I also registered with Irishkop, if any of the Irish lads here are on it? Seems like a decent little forum but there's always so few people on line you can never get a discussion going. You post in a thread and the next post might be the next day?

So basically I've stuck to this forum. Very well presented, easy to navigate, down to earth mods, and fair and even discussion and a great atmosphere. If two mods are having a discussion in a thread you can throw your two cents in and it will be taken in as part of the discussion. Try that on RAWK and see how far you get.
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #27: Aug 06, 2012 11:44:59 pm
      The official forums ain't bad. Think it's fairly good, but this place does have a better layout.  :laugh:
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #28: Feb 01, 2014 01:13:09 pm
      This is without a doubt the best football forum concerning our club. I've had a brief look through Rawk and was horrified as to how some forum members were spoken to. It's as if there are an elite set of members who dictate what the consensus is. You are perceived as stupid if you dare disagree with these members and, if you even once go off topic you'll get a warning from one of the admins. He even locks the threads to punish forum users. It's a great shame, as a large majority of lfc fans post there. This appears more family like, and it is easier to express your opinion without it being completely shat on.

The worst forum I have ever posted on wasn't anything regarding football or lfc. It was a cycling forum, which was full of posh, upper class self righteous snobs. Never again!
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #29: Jun 22, 2014 06:52:28 pm
      Does anyone by chance know why RAWK aren't accepting new users anymore? Wanted to use the ticket-exchange section of it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #30: Jun 22, 2014 07:04:42 pm
      Does anyone by chance know why RAWK aren't accepting new users anymore? Wanted to use the ticket-exchange section of it.

Probably to stop opposition fans registering so they can abuse Stevie mate.  Or because it's numpty season  ;)

Quick Reply