Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

The Anfield Wrap

Read 84016 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: The Anfield Wrap
      Reply #115: Feb 05, 2014 09:24:09 pm
      love the Anfield wrap not afraid to say stuff that might be considered not on message
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #116: Feb 05, 2014 09:33:53 pm
      That link is to an interview in their online magazine mate not the podcast.

Monday's pod was a bit mad but Friday's post Derby one was good.

Nice one - I didn't even notice the link mate will have a look.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #117: Feb 05, 2014 09:35:47 pm
      they sound like a bunch of lads having a pint before a game .brilliant.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #118: Feb 05, 2014 09:47:47 pm
      Boss interview that, real nice lad is our Daniel, cool dude and very much with it, hope he is with us for many many years.

YNWA
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #119: Mar 02, 2014 09:11:39 pm
      New Podcast available and its always that bit more worth a listen when Sean Rogers is on.

Liking the way its out on a Sunday evening as well.

PODCAST: ALL THE BEST

iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-anfield-wrap-podcast/id456906266

Direct: http://traffic.libsyn.com/theanfieldwrap/PODCAST_-_ALL_THE_BEST.m4a
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #120: Mar 03, 2014 03:03:20 pm
      Some interesting comments on it this week on Agger. That Rodgers taking him off last week really fired him up to play well against Southampton. Never would have noticed that myself tbh.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #121: Mar 10, 2014 09:35:54 pm
      Recently tried a few other podcasts. Anfieldindex, Daytrippers and The Bib Theorists. TAW is definitely still head and shoulders above the rest. All worth a listen though. The Daytrippers is particularly good if we haven't had the best result, they have a guy on there that basically goes ape sh*t at everybody in the team.

The Anfield Wrap definitely leads the way though. Innovative aswell with the whole new style mag. Gets me through the working day sometimes.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #122: Mar 10, 2014 10:37:35 pm
      Interesting episode this week.. With no game, they look back on the 2001 season..

Discussing each match plus the game on the night of 9/11 and Gerard's illness, Robbie leaving the club

Good season this was, a bit mad, the year after the treble.. I was travelling around the world this year.. Remember watching the Leeds game where GH was taken ill in a hut in the middle of Bali.. And walking across Ko Pang Yang to get to the only internet point on the island when I got wind from back home that Robbie could be leaving..

Really interesting listen, brings back a fair few memories
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #123: Mar 11, 2014 03:27:52 am
      Recently tried a few other podcasts. Anfieldindex, Daytrippers and The Bib Theorists. TAW is definitely still head and shoulders above the rest. All worth a listen though. The Daytrippers is particularly good if we haven't had the best result, they have a guy on there that basically goes ape sh*t at everybody in the team.

The Anfield Wrap definitely leads the way though. Innovative aswell with the whole new style mag. Gets me through the working day sometimes.

I like AnfieldIndex and TBT but never listened to Daytrippers, thanks for the rec.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #124: Mar 11, 2014 10:18:31 am
      They keep mentioning "the mad cast" through this episode.. Anyone know what that is? I can't find it when searching.. Annoyingly it keeps bringing mad men podcasts up in the search

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #125: Mar 11, 2014 10:23:25 pm
      I tried the two above that I'd not heard of until today..

The daytrippers was good, loads of Irish lads who just looked at it like fans and had a laugh.

Can't say I liked the anfield index.. Bit boring.. Some lads trying to sound more intelligent than they are, taking away the passionate fan aspect

I'd tried tbt before and didn't warm to them either.. That soft lad from Bournemouth who's the main presenter is f**king annoying.. Tries to be funny but isn't, I can't get on with some posh lad trying too hard.

None as good as TAW.. Will give the daytrippers another listen though

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #126: Mar 11, 2014 10:48:24 pm
      None as good as TAW.. Will give the daytrippers another listen though

I'd have them in that order too.

The Anfield Wrap are brilliant. Good blend of characters too. They have been together for well over a year now too, and it stands to them.

Daytrippers just started this season iirc but a good podcast all the same. Look out for both every Monday after a game.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #127: Mar 11, 2014 10:50:57 pm
      I'd have them in that order too.

The Anfield Wrap are brilliant. Good blend of characters too. They have been together for well over a year now too, and it stands to them.

Daytrippers just started this season iirc but a good podcast all the same. Look out for both every Monday after a game.

You tried 5times as well LL? I do like that as well, but in terms of the above it will still only be TAW and that DT that I'll stick with.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #128: Mar 11, 2014 11:20:49 pm

To be honest, I've gone as far as searching it. It's the one with the ex-players isn't it? I haven't listened yet. Any good?
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #129: Mar 12, 2014 04:10:27 am
      To be honest, I've gone as far as searching it. It's the one with the ex-players isn't it? I haven't listened yet. Any good?

They come at it from a different perspective, which makes it interesting. It is much slower than the others though. I'm more likely to zone out on occasion, I admit.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #130: Mar 12, 2014 05:41:22 am
      Not heard of any of the other tbh only TAW, will give them a go tho if I can find time these days, started new employ and it's f***in hectic, I wouldn't have thought they would better Taw tho but still worth having a look/listen

YNWA
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #131: Mar 12, 2014 06:47:14 am

Depending on who's on it can be excellent.. They give a players perspective on the things going on and some of the old stories are great to hear.

halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #132: Mar 12, 2014 06:51:57 am
      I personally like Anfield Index, they speak a lot about the football itself and the stats are pretty interesting. Sometimes TAW can go off topic and maybe not focus on the pure football aspect as much. But thats just my opinion. Haven't really had a listen to the Daytrippers though, will check it out soon.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #133: Mar 13, 2014 05:01:02 pm
      For me TAW wouldn't be what it was without Neil Atkinson. The guy is clearly unbelievably intelligent, but speaks on an understandable level. Always pops up with a mad shout aswell. He has said for the last year he wants Gerrard as centre-half. Last year he shouted for Downing at left back, funnily enough he ended up playing there too.

The Anfield Index gets ruined by that idiot with a big mouth. He may aswell just shout "were dead good and anyone who supports anyone else is thick and their team are sh*t". Were all Liverpool fans you plonker. He actually wasn't on the other week and I really enjoyed it. Think is name is Gazza or something.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #134: Mar 18, 2014 04:07:54 pm
      "And we are the Champions elect!"

Goosebumps!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #135: Mar 21, 2014 08:20:20 pm
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #136: Mar 21, 2014 08:21:48 pm
      Get in there. Been waiting for this one for what seems like ages.

By the way how leathered was John Gibbons for the NYC episode?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #137: Mar 22, 2014 07:32:52 pm
      Get in there. Been waiting for this one for what seems like ages.

By the way how leathered was John Gibbons for the NYC episode?

Not alf he sounded absolutely bladdered.

The NYC was a fun pod but I do prefer the ones with a bit more analysis and yesterday's seemed to be just that from the bits and bobs that I've heard. Going to give it a proper listen on the headphones when I go to bed.

#wildsaturday :)

Quick Reply