Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Anfield Wrap

Read 83413 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: The Anfield Wrap
      Reply #184: May 01, 2015 10:49:38 pm
      I don't think they are pro Rodgers at all. Well some are, some aren't. Pretty much the same as any bunch of Liverpool supporters to be fair.

Not listened to anything since the Pink as I've been experiencing 'add TAW player to podcast hell' since I subscribed. That's down to me though.

What you mean about Atko saying he gone for a bit?

He's been hinting bits for a while but after Hull the others night, a few drinks and he blurted out he has been saying for a while he thinks Rodgers will be sacked in the summer.. Like he'd been saying to his mates but not on the shows.

I struggled to get it to subscribe mate but it's actually fairly simple.. You essentially just have to copy and paste the subscription link into your podcast app and it comes up with a new TAW player icon

I heard the Pink Jon but haven't subscribed hyet so missed the rest.

I think on the whole they are pro Brendan and at times a bit slow to criticise.

I think they are pro Liverpool and until recently a lot haven't been sure.. Like yourself.
      2 of the 4 on unwrapped said they'd sack him

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #185: May 01, 2015 10:54:00 pm
      He's been hinting bits for a while but after Hull the others night, a few drinks and he blurted out he has been saying for a while he thinks Rodgers will be sacked in the summer.. Like he'd been saying to his mates but not on the shows.

I struggled to get it to subscribe mate but it's actually fairly simple.. You essentially just have to copy and paste the subscription link into your podcast app and it comes up with a new TAW player icon

I think they are pro Liverpool and until recently a lot haven't been sure.. Like yourself.

I heard Neil say that mate.

Who were the two that said they'd sack him?

Gareth Roberts one of them?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #186: May 01, 2015 10:55:53 pm
      Think the lads are Boss and speak purely in the interest of the club.

I don't think they have any agenda as to whom should be manager.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #187: May 01, 2015 10:58:32 pm

I'm going to listen to this now in bed.   

To be fair to the lads they're on a hiding to nothing with some. There are lots of contributors with different views just like there are lots of posters on here with different views. You'll remember the views of the people on the last pod you listened to most.

For the pleasure and time I've had out of the pods, magazine and online articles for the cost of f**k all for however many years they've been going I have no problem paying them the fiver a month if it earns some of them a few bob for what they put in.

Sure there's times when I don't agree with what some on there say or write but things like this are always going to have elements that are objective.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #188: May 01, 2015 11:04:16 pm
      I heard Neil say that mate.

Who were the two that said they'd sack him?

Gareth Roberts one of them?

Testing me now mate and my memory.. Gareth Roberts wasn't on.. But I believe it was Adam Smith.. Paul Senior (said he thinks they will sack him- ) and Heaton stayed on the fence about if he thinks they will

I'm going to listen to this now in bed.   

To be fair to the lads they're on a hiding to nothing with some. There are lots of contributors with different views just like there are lots of posters on here with different views. You'll remember the views of the people on the last pod you listened to most.

For the pleasure and time I've had out of the pods, magazine and online articles for the cost of f**k all for however many years they've been going I have no problem paying them the fiver a month if it earns some of them a few bob for what they put in.

Sure there's times when I don't agree with what some on there say or write but things like this are always going to have elements that are objective.

Completely agree lad.. They have given me lots over the years.. I'm more than happy if they turn it into a venture.

You around tomorrow mate? At the match or your on call just incase you're needed to drive?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #189: May 01, 2015 11:12:36 pm
      Agree with you lads above that they do an excellent job.

I loved the one's about Hodgey's time here and the sheer anger from Mike Nevin was something else.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #190: May 01, 2015 11:31:14 pm
      You around tomorrow mate? At the match or your on call just incase you're needed to drive?

I'm never on call mate. Not going the game either. Getting on the wallop about 5pm then staying right through for the boxing.

I can hardly contain myself.

I loved the one's about Hodgey's time here and the sheer anger from Mike Nevin was something else.

Pissed myself laughing at the story he told when he seen Christian Purslow at Cheltenham.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #191: May 02, 2015 12:00:04 am
      Pissed myself laughing at the story he told when he seen Christian Purslow at Cheltenham.

Hilarious.

Also the rant about Hodgson being ridiculous.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #192: May 02, 2015 12:08:25 am

I would subscribe, but I have, currently, 300+ hours of podcasts that I'm trying to catch up with.  I get through about 10 hours a day, usually, but with new episodes, it may take a while before I take on more.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #193: May 02, 2015 06:08:54 am
      I would subscribe, but I have, currently, 300+ hours of podcasts that I'm trying to catch up with.  I get through about 10 hours a day, usually, but with new episodes, it may take a while before I take on more.

Holy sh*t. You like your pods then?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #194: May 02, 2015 08:10:24 am

Yeah, they 've completely replaced radio for me, from comedy to music, from football to film and, of course, one or two Star Trek based ones. I had a 4 month period last year in which they were getting downloaded and, for one reason or another, I wasn't getting the time to listen to them and some (the football ones) are more time sensitive than others.  Clearing the non-time sensitive aplhabetically as well, as it's the easiest way to do it on my phone, meaning I have about two years of WTF! with Marc Maron to get through.

I will say I have enjoyed the range of podcasts offered and as soon as I have the space and time, I will subscribe, it just may take a while.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #195: May 24, 2015 09:20:52 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #196: May 24, 2015 10:57:23 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #197: May 24, 2015 11:12:00 pm

It was. Enjoyed that.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #198: Jun 11, 2015 10:51:56 pm
      The Tuesday Review they do behind the pay wall is essential listening now for me. Neil Atkinson is great as is Paul Cope but Sean Rogers is absolutely fantastic.

Makes me want to go and watch Mold FC.

Nearly.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #199: Jul 13, 2015 08:19:14 pm
      Sean Rogers is boss. Big part of looking forward to the new season is the Tuesday Review that he does with Atkinson and Cope.

Latest pod that isn't behind the pay wall here:

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/620672593490771968
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #200: Oct 07, 2015 11:34:03 am
      The content behind the pay wall is that good at the moment I haven't had my end away since Sunday. Back turned and earphones in every night. She'll be alright - we've got builders around the house at the moment while I'm at work.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #201: Oct 08, 2015 06:15:03 am
      The content behind the pay wall is that good at the moment I haven't had my end away since Sunday. Back turned and earphones in every night. She'll be alright - we've got builders around the house at the moment while I'm at work.

Haha careful mate...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #202: May 14, 2016 08:53:49 pm
      Unfortunately for them, I bumped into John Gibbons and Gareth Roberts from TAW on Thursday at a Louis Berry gig at the O2. I was at the peak of an all day session and remember only that I insisted on getting them a bevvy and that I was chatting sh*t whilst my mate's stutter and annoyance levels were magnified by his Colombian Cold and general drunkeness.

Don't think I gave a good account of myself anyway.

Stuff that I get to listen to on both versions of the pod are still really good and although I'm not even getting anywhere near to listening to everything that they are doing they're well worth the fiver a month. Less than 10 biffs.

Keep it up lads.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #203: May 14, 2016 10:10:57 pm
      Unfortunately for them, I bumped into John Gibbons and Gareth Roberts from TAW on Thursday at a Louis Berry gig at the O2. I was at the peak of an all day session and remember only that I insisted on getting them a bevvy and that I was chatting sh*t whilst my mate's stutter and annoyance levels were magnified by his Colombian Cold and general drunkeness.

Don't think I gave a good account of myself anyway.

Stuff that I get to listen to on both versions of the pod are still really good and although I'm not even getting anywhere near to listening to everything that they are doing they're well worth the fiver a month. Less than 10 biffs.

Keep it up lads.

I recognised the voices of two in the Upper Centenary once, they weren't exactly polite.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #204: May 14, 2016 10:15:03 pm
      I recognised the voices of two in the Upper Centenary once, they weren't exactly polite.

What did they say? Go ON! Spill the beans!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #205: May 14, 2016 10:22:37 pm
      What did they say? Go ON! Spill the beans!

That's just it, I recognised them, by voice, said how much I enjoyed their output and just got blanked.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #206: May 14, 2016 10:45:36 pm
      That's just it, I recognised them, by voice, said how much I enjoyed their output and just got blanked.

Creating their profile via a pod cast listened to a select few Liverpool fans barely constitutes the sort of self importance you'd expect would lead to that sort of response.

Quick Reply