Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Big screens to be installed in Kemlyn Road

Read 14444 times
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Big screens to be installed in Kemlyn Road
      Apr 12, 2012 09:28:32 am
      Planning application was submitted the other day apparently.

Possible hint at re-development of Anfield?

Just another form of acquiring money from sponsors?
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2012 09:39:00 am by Dannylfc »
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Re: Big screens to be installed in Kemlyn Road
      Reply #1: Apr 12, 2012 09:36:18 am
      Hope its not just for sponsorship purposes.

Talking of the Kemlyn, when we redeveloped that stand back in the 90's the Upper tier was just added during the season so couldn't we do the same with the Main Stand? I know theres the changing rooms / offices etc but there must be ways and means?
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #2: Apr 12, 2012 01:54:22 pm
      Hope its not just for sponsorship purposes.

Talking of the Kemlyn, when we redeveloped that stand back in the 90's the Upper tier was just added during the season so couldn't we do the same with the Main Stand? I know theres the changing rooms / offices etc but there must be ways and means?

Definitely for sponsorship purposes. Good move.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #3: Apr 12, 2012 11:25:08 pm
      Seen this in another thread, if the sole purpose is sponsorship surely it means we'll be staying at Anfield. The cost of supply and fit won't be small and surely putting it off if we were moving would be more cost effective but if we were staying then they must have the expansion plans put in place and the screens are already in the plans and won't require another planning application to be moved?

Just thinking like, may be wrong.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #4: Apr 13, 2012 02:15:17 pm
      LIVERPOOL FC has submitted plans to the city council to display two video screens inside Anfield stadium.

Fans welcomed the Reds owners’ potential investment in the stadium but they demanded answers about where the club will play its home matches in years to come.

The screens, which would be positioned at either ends of the upper Centenary stand, will provide live coverage of Liverpool matches as they happen.

They will provide half-time entertainment, show advertisements and also provide information about the teams to attending spectators.

Today the club would not comment about its application to display the video screens “with associated external works”.

And when it was asked if the move to install them signalled a desire to stay at a refurbished Anfield stadium rather than move to a new ground in Stanley Park a Liverpool FC spokesman said the club was still “examining” both options.

Today LFC fans’ union Spirit Of Shankly (SOS) said it wanted the club to give clarity over the stadium issue.

Roy Bentham, SOS committee member, said: “It’s promising that the owners are spending money on Anfield.

“But what we need to know is whether we are going stay at Anfield or whether we are going to go to a new stadium in Stanley Park.”

Some Reds supporters said they think the club’s owners should be more transparent about the stadium plans

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/04/13/liverpool-fc-bid-to-install-video-screens-at-anfield-reopens-debate-on-future-of-stadium-100252-30749134/#ixzz1rvSmRL1x
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/04/13/liverpool-fc-bid-to-install-video-screens-at-anfield-reopens-debate-on-future-of-stadium-100252-30749134/
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #5: Apr 13, 2012 07:32:35 pm
      Too right we want some transparancy...

NESV / FSV have been great owners but they new this was a big factor to all fans of LFC - I like the way they are keeping to the Liverpool way, but something has to give!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #6: Apr 15, 2012 01:25:15 pm
      NESV are very good owners but at the end of the day they are business men here to make money off their investment. Now I'm no great business man myself but it doesn't make sense money-wise to spend whatever thousands of pounds on two big screens if your plan is to move out of Anfield altogether in the near future. Honestly looking at this is just telling me we're staying put.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #7: Apr 15, 2012 03:16:14 pm
      NESV are very good owners but at the end of the day they are business men here to make money off their investment. Now I'm no great business man myself but it doesn't make sense money-wise to spend whatever thousands of pounds on two big screens if your plan is to move out of Anfield altogether in the near future. Honestly looking at this is just telling me we're staying put.

It's not like the screens are billions of dollars and can't be moved to a new stadium. Almost every football owner is in the business to make money off their investment (Except maybe Man City and other Fan owned clubs). I'd rather the owners take all the time they need and get the stadium issue right instead of rushing into one way or another and screwing up the future of our club. My guess is they are searching for investors to be able to build a new stadium.
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Reply #8: Apr 15, 2012 03:20:25 pm
      Will this lead to the players, checking slo mo replays and notifying refs that their decisions were wrong and rubbish. Cost is minimal aswell, dont really know why sos complains about every decision. Are they an unelected rabble.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #9: Apr 15, 2012 03:32:29 pm
      I guess we're just moving with the times with this move, it also looks like the new stadium decision in still years off and that this is some soft "modernisation" touches.
      rudyayress
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #10: Apr 17, 2012 06:18:02 am
      Have never seen it, looking forward to it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #11: Apr 17, 2012 11:11:35 am
      If the game is sh*t, can we ask them to turn over to something else ?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #12: Apr 18, 2012 03:17:27 pm
      If the game is sh*t, can we ask them to turn over to something else ?

Apparently if the atmosphere appears to be getting a bit glum you can ask.....

http://tinyurl.com/justtolightenthemood
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #13: Apr 22, 2012 11:10:28 am
      must admit after going to anfield for the first time for the villa game i assumed there was going to be a screen somewhere as is the case with most bigger clubs. i can´t wait to see the upgrade on anfield and hopefully the capacity is increased to 65k - 75k
      Marcisared
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #14: Apr 23, 2012 10:20:59 am
      ^^^^^^
      Don't think we will be getting a 65k-75k increase in capacity lad
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #15: Apr 23, 2012 11:53:38 pm
      Remember that if we have big screens installed, it will be there for a minimum of 5 years, plus more depending on any delays. It could be forever if we decide to stay at Anfield. It would not cost very much and it would pay for itself with 5 years easily. I wouldn't take to much from this.

I am personally against the idea of installing screens, but if i recall properly, they did the same thing over with the Red Sox so it would most likely be a marketing tool. I could be wrong though.
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2012 12:03:52 am by lfc_ynwa »
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #16: Apr 23, 2012 11:58:20 pm
      ^^^^^^
      Don't think we will be getting a 65k-75k increase in capacity lad

Me neither. The most I think we could realistically expect from an expansion at Anfield is an extra 10K, making a total of approximately 55,500.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #17: Apr 30, 2012 12:05:16 pm
      I take it these are nothing to do with the FA Cup final being shown on big screens at Anfield on Saturday (ÂŁ5 a ticket...)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #18: Apr 30, 2012 02:23:43 pm
      I take it these are nothing to do with the FA Cup final being shown on big screens at Anfield on Saturday (ÂŁ5 a ticket...)

No they will be on the pitch, this is for the corners of the stadium, just to cream some more money off sponsors.

All we need now is a mascot and cheerleaders and the bastardisation of Liverpool FC will be complete.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #19: Aug 02, 2012 01:36:01 pm
      anyone know how the screens look at Anfield as yet?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #20: Aug 10, 2012 08:39:00 pm
      Did anyone see these, or a hint of these yesterday?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #21: Aug 10, 2012 09:56:40 pm
      Did anyone see these, or a hint of these yesterday?

Think Tom and John forgot their loyalty cards when they went in to purchase, they get 2% cash-back so the skint fckrs had to fly back to get them.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #22: Aug 11, 2012 07:50:01 am
      I seen them on the ESPN post match coverage. Not that bad, you'd only notice if you were looking for them really.

Quick Reply