Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The Beastie Boys

Read 1466 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      The Beastie Boys
      May 04, 2012 06:47:32 pm
      One of the best groups of all time. Hip hop geniuses. I love them and I am immensely grateful for them being so good and showing me there was a lot more in music than just rock'n'roll.

But I'm starting this thread not just to talk about them, but also to post those extremely sad news:

MCA Adam Yauch Dead -- Beastie Boys Rapper Dies at 47
      'Beastie Boys' MCA
      Dead at 47

"Beastie Boys" rapper MCA -- real name Adam Yauch -- has died.

In 2009, MCA announced he was being treated for a cancerous parotid gland and a lymph node (below). He has since undergone surgery and radiation therapy.

So far, it's not clear if the death is related to the rapper's battle with cancer.

Russell Simmons' website GlobalGrind.com first reported the death. We have spoken to people independently connected to the rapper who also say he is dead.

MCA co-founded Beastie Boys in 1979 with Mike D, and Ad Rock ... and went on to churn out some of the most iconic albums in hip-hop ... including License to Ill, Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head and Ill Communication.

The group has won multiple Grammys and were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame earlier this year.

The Beastie Boys haven't performed live since 2009.

MCA recently became a vegan at the recommendation of his Tibetan doctors.

The Beastie Boys' most recent music video was released last year for the song "Make Some Noise" -- and it stars a laundry list of A-listers, including Rashida Jones, Will Arnett, Rainn Wilson, Amy Poehler, Steve Buscemi, Kirsten Dunst, Zach Galifianakis, Orlando Bloom, Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, and Jack Black.

Yauch is survived by his wife and daughter. He was 47.

Link

I'm shocked and sincerely sad.

RIP MCA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: The Beastie Boys
      Reply #1: May 04, 2012 06:53:02 pm
      RIP MCA.
      Legend.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2: May 04, 2012 10:57:09 pm
      Sad news.

Grew up with the Beastie Boys music.

RIP.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #3: May 04, 2012 11:32:15 pm
      I have been listening to the Beastie Boys lately more than I did 20 years ago. Paul's Boutique - johnny Ryall is an unbelievably good song.
      Has anyone seen the clip of Sabotage live in Glasgow
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #4: May 05, 2012 03:41:42 am
      Oh man...I am really upset about this one.  I love the Beastie Boys.  Licensed to Ill was the first Rap album I ever bought.  I still have it too.

Unbelievable talent. The later albums like Check your Head and Ill Communication were f***in EPIC albums.  So good.

Really sad about this.

RIP Adam. You were a great artist and man. You will be missed!

Quick Reply