Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At Everton Thread

Read 795495 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At Everton Thread
      Reply #3887: Mar 29, 2017 07:40:40 pm
      Or it'll be another Everton first moment - first team to play league games underwater.

....they'd be sh*t at that as well.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #3888: Mar 29, 2017 08:00:41 pm
      I'm more interested in where they are going to find 50000 to fill it?
      Unless of course they are going to make 20000 away tickets available!!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #3889: Mar 29, 2017 10:25:00 pm
      how'd they get such a prime spot for a new stadium?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3890: Mar 29, 2017 11:00:03 pm
      how'd they get such a prime spot for a new stadium?

With the help of a bluenose supporting mayor and a council prepared to pay for most of it, so they can also use it to host events like the Commonwealth Games.

Not the first time the blueshite have been offered a prime location, the Kings Dock fell through because they couldn't afford their share.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3891: Mar 31, 2017 12:40:24 am
      Seems things aren't going too well at Castle Greyskull, with Everton's Academy Director Peter Vint leaving his post followed by the resignation of their Academy's head of coaching Dave Adams, who was only hired about a week ago!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3892: Mar 31, 2017 07:13:31 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-39419843

The Stadium-on-the-Mersey looks like a none-starter, researchers at Manchester University have warned the proposed site could be under-water in less than a century because of global-warming.

The bitters as is their way, would blame LFC for them sinking without trace - again.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3893: Mar 31, 2017 09:13:45 pm
      Koeman v O'Neill is looking tasty.

Loving O'Neill's response:

Ronald Koeman: Everton boss says Martin O'Neill did 'not protect' James McCarthy

Everton manager Ronald Koeman has accused Republic of Ireland counterpart Martin O'Neill of "not protecting" James McCarthy as their row over the midfielder's fitness continues

McCarthy, 26, missed Everton's past two matches but linked up with the Republic squad in the international break.

He suffered a recurrence of a hamstring injury, ruling him out of Saturday's derby at Liverpool.

"We advised extreme caution. He was not fit to play," said Koeman.

McCarthy was named in O'Neill's starting line-up for the 0-0 draw against Wales but pulled out of the team after suffering an injury in the warm-up.

The Toffees boss, clearly angered by the ongoing issue, read out a prepared statement at a news conference on Friday.

McCarthy, who has made just five starts for Everton since the end of August, must also "take responsibility", he added.

Koeman said before the international break that the midfielder was "one or two weeks" away from fitness.

"In my opinion, the Ireland manager in this instance was not protecting the player," he said.

"I am not surprised but I am disappointed."

In October, the Dutchman said McCarthy, who has been struggling with a hamstring injury for several months, had been "massively overloaded" by the Republic.

That came in response to O'Neill's claim that Koeman was "bleating" about the matter.

Former Republic midfielder Roy Keane, O'Neill's assistant, then said Everton players must "toughen up".

"James had an injury when he reported for Ireland duty last week and our medical team made the Ireland medical team aware of this.

"Everton's medical team advised extreme caution, not only due to the current injury but also due to previous injuries.

"The assessment by the Ireland medical was that it would be a high risk for James to play against Wales.

"But of course James has a strong desire to play for his country so when asked if he was fit to play he said he felt he was fit. And he was selected to start the game but withdrawn.

"In my opinion, in this instance it was not protecting the player. James was clearly not fit to play. He only trained for two days with Ireland and broke down in the warm-up.

"He has only played only one game from the start in 2017 and he did not play for three weeks before the Wales game. In my opinion he would need at least one full week of training sessions to be declared fit.

"I spoke to James, he needs to take responsibility for this. But this is not the first time."

Ronald Koeman: Everton boss says Martin O'Neill did 'not protect' James McCarthy - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39457298

Statement from Martin O'Neill

Once again the Everton manager, master tactician of the blame game, has struck out in his comments today, criticising both myself and James McCarthy.

Perhaps a review of Everton's pre-season programme might provide some enlightenment.

James had a magnificent tournament for the Republic of Ireland last summer during UEFA EURO 2016, playing his last game in very late June. He then returned to Everton after a very short break, but only 11 days later, he played his first of three games, all within an eight-day period, against Real Betis, Manchester United and Espanyol. Overloading?

It should be added that James last played for his country on the October 9, 2016 - almost half a year ago. Since that time he has been totally under Everton's supervision.

James is diligent and conscientious in his professional preparation.

Perhaps, in this instance, quiet introspection may serve the Everton manager and his medical staff better.

http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/statement-from-martin-oneill
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3894: Mar 31, 2017 09:36:38 pm
      Koeman v O'Neill is looking tasty.

Loving O'Neill's response:

Ronald Koeman: Everton boss says Martin O'Neill did 'not protect' James McCarthy

Everton manager Ronald Koeman has accused Republic of Ireland counterpart Martin O'Neill of "not protecting" James McCarthy as their row over the midfielder's fitness continues

McCarthy, 26, missed Everton's past two matches but linked up with the Republic squad in the international break.

He suffered a recurrence of a hamstring injury, ruling him out of Saturday's derby at Liverpool.

"We advised extreme caution. He was not fit to play," said Koeman.

McCarthy was named in O'Neill's starting line-up for the 0-0 draw against Wales but pulled out of the team after suffering an injury in the warm-up.

The Toffees boss, clearly angered by the ongoing issue, read out a prepared statement at a news conference on Friday.

McCarthy, who has made just five starts for Everton since the end of August, must also "take responsibility", he added.

Koeman said before the international break that the midfielder was "one or two weeks" away from fitness.

"In my opinion, the Ireland manager in this instance was not protecting the player," he said.

"I am not surprised but I am disappointed."

In October, the Dutchman said McCarthy, who has been struggling with a hamstring injury for several months, had been "massively overloaded" by the Republic.

That came in response to O'Neill's claim that Koeman was "bleating" about the matter.

Former Republic midfielder Roy Keane, O'Neill's assistant, then said Everton players must "toughen up".

"James had an injury when he reported for Ireland duty last week and our medical team made the Ireland medical team aware of this.

"Everton's medical team advised extreme caution, not only due to the current injury but also due to previous injuries.

"The assessment by the Ireland medical was that it would be a high risk for James to play against Wales.

"But of course James has a strong desire to play for his country so when asked if he was fit to play he said he felt he was fit. And he was selected to start the game but withdrawn.

"In my opinion, in this instance it was not protecting the player. James was clearly not fit to play. He only trained for two days with Ireland and broke down in the warm-up.

"He has only played only one game from the start in 2017 and he did not play for three weeks before the Wales game. In my opinion he would need at least one full week of training sessions to be declared fit.

"I spoke to James, he needs to take responsibility for this. But this is not the first time."

Ronald Koeman: Everton boss says Martin O'Neill did 'not protect' James McCarthy - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39457298

Statement from Martin O'Neill

Once again the Everton manager, master tactician of the blame game, has struck out in his comments today, criticising both myself and James McCarthy.

Perhaps a review of Everton's pre-season programme might provide some enlightenment.

James had a magnificent tournament for the Republic of Ireland last summer during UEFA EURO 2016, playing his last game in very late June. He then returned to Everton after a very short break, but only 11 days later, he played his first of three games, all within an eight-day period, against Real Betis, Manchester United and Espanyol. Overloading?

It should be added that James last played for his country on the October 9, 2016 - almost half a year ago. Since that time he has been totally under Everton's supervision.

James is diligent and conscientious in his professional preparation.

Perhaps, in this instance, quiet introspection may serve the Everton manager and his medical staff better.

http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/statement-from-martin-oneill

To be honest, if that was a liverpool player i would be not overly impressed with o'neill
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #3895: Mar 31, 2017 10:02:06 pm
      To be honest, if that was a liverpool player i would be not overly impressed with o'neill

Same here.

But it's not mate.

So F**k em and laugh at em.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3896: Mar 31, 2017 11:45:55 pm
      Yet another international manager abusing his power when it comes to play players in pointless matches after being warned by both club and national team doctors. Good job we don't have anybody with the Ireland setup, we have enough problems with England.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3897: Apr 01, 2017 01:05:11 am
      The Master tactician has responded.....

https://twitter.com/ronaldkoeman/status/847924574058663936
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3898: Apr 01, 2017 02:46:50 pm
      Well there is an irony in the way Everton played today when you consider the recent ding dong between Klopp's bi*ch and Martin O Neill.

One thing you can't deny Everton is that they are consistent - consistent in that they continue to play like the small team they are.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #3899: Apr 01, 2017 03:10:20 pm

Exactly.

People whinging about our players coming back from England injured, then laugh at Koeman for the same thing ranks of hypocrisy.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3900: Apr 01, 2017 03:21:04 pm
      Same here.

But it's not mate.

So f**k em and laugh at em.

:lmao:

Spot on!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #3901: Apr 01, 2017 03:24:21 pm
      Exactly.

People whinging about our players coming back from England injured, then laugh at Koeman for the same thing ranks of hypocrisy.

Behave it's called laughing at the bitter shower of cu*ts.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3902: Apr 01, 2017 04:38:46 pm
      Serious point:

Given what Barkley did to Henderson in the Goodison fixture before Christmas and what he did to Lovren today we seriously have to keep an eye out on this thug the next time we play these bunch of losers.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3903: Apr 01, 2017 05:03:53 pm
      Koeman apparently had a dustup in the tunnel with one of our assistants? Anyone got any info on this?

Ronnie showing he's made for the bitters.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #3904: Apr 01, 2017 08:42:24 pm
      Koeman apparently had a dustup in the tunnel with one of our assistants? Anyone got any info on this?

Ronnie showing he's made for the bitters.

Probably our pyscho snape looking assistant.

He puts the contracts out when needed no doubt.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #3905: Apr 02, 2017 10:54:39 am
      What is it about Everton Football Club that completely changes peoples judgement, perception and all sense of propriety?
      Koeman was ''unhappy'' at what he saw as an ''overreaction'' to challenges from his players from the Liverpool bench.

Irrespective there were comments from neutrals that the ref was visually impaired and Liverpool players with stud marks from arsehole to breakfast time, Koeman like his fellow Evertonians chooses to lie through his teeth.

Let's see if the FA take any reciprocal measures which of course will be LFC's fault.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39468127
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3906: Apr 02, 2017 10:59:25 am
      Serious point:

Given what Barkley did to Henderson in the Goodison fixture before Christmas and what he did to Lovren today we seriously have to keep an eye out on this thug the next time we play these bunch of losers.

We could do with a Souness or Tommy  Smith to sort the b***ard out.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3907: Apr 02, 2017 11:02:46 am
      I didn't like Koeman when he was at Southampton for some of the same things he's doing at Everton. He's a whiny arse little bi*ch that blames everybody else but himself and his players for their shocking performances. He then makes out that the other team was wrongfully trying to get his players sent off despite them being dirty bas**rds and committing break legging challenges on the pitch.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #3908: Apr 02, 2017 11:16:24 am
      Behave it's called laughing at the bitter shower of cu*ts.

Meh.

There's plenty enough already to laugh at the mongrels.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #3909: Apr 02, 2017 11:26:15 am
      I didn't like Koeman when he was at Southampton for some of the same things he's doing at Everton. He's a whiny arse little bi*ch that blames everybody else but himself and his players for their shocking performances. He then makes out that the other team was wrongfully trying to get his players sent off despite them being dirty bas**rds and committing break legging challenges on the pitch.

Definition of an Everton player, supporter, manager.

Quick Reply